Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject:

he needs a ton of run today
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

DNP for 2 games, comes back to his hometown Coach puts him back in the rotation.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

THTs 3 ball is the thing holding him back right now. When he can step into those spot up 3s and take them with confidence he will be someone Vogel can trust even more.

Aside from the 3 ball, all his numbers look improved.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
THTs 3 ball is the thing holding him back right now. When he can step into those spot up 3s and take them with confidence he will be someone Vogel can trust even more.

Aside from the 3 ball, all his numbers look improved.

I think he can be a good 3pt shooter. You can see how he shoot the FT, he has a good form. He just need to be confident shooting 3 like how he shoot a FT.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:17 pm    Post subject:

drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject:

It's becoming clearer and clearer that Trez has a problem with THT

https://twitter.com/_whogonestopmee/status/1353212446308061185

They also had a bit of an argument in the 4th
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Whatever beef is going on between THT and Trez needs to be figured out.

Part of the success of last year's team was how well the team worked together without any unnecessary drama.

I wonder what the issue is between them
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:

Part of the success of last year's team was how well the team worked together without any unnecessary drama.

Trezz thinks he deserves more touches (which he does), and when THT comes in, he doesn't look to pass as much as he probably should. Just my theory.

We have LeBron on this team, it won't be a big deal for long.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:04 am    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:

Trezz thinks he deserves more touches (which he does), and when THT comes in, he doesn't look to pass as much as he probably should. Just my theory.

We have LeBron on this team, it won't be a big deal for long.

Plus same agent
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:11 am    Post subject:

Trez too dramatic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:38 am    Post subject:

We don't need this crap and hopefully it stops immediately.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

Certainly looks to be something going on, at least in Harrell’s mind.

Even after the Caruso intervention and THT looks to appease, Harrell still ignores him. Needs to be resolved quickly.

Who knows what the issue even is. Could just as easily be an off court issue. Bottom line, work it out! Too much at stake for petty squabbles.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Talen’s style of play driving to the basket means he needs to make a name for himself to get foul calls. If they bench him and play him late in the season, he won’t get those calls at all.

I believe that Talen’s ceiling is higher than DS, and it’s only a matter of time. Just like Elden Campbell was good, Shaq was that much better. Talen’s style of attack, passing, pick and pop, entry pass, are going to be great. He needs to develop his off hand at the rim. Defensively he needs to work on what spots to be in a team setting, and study film to learn what space to give what players so he won’t get burnt by slacking off a hot shooting Trent Jr. He’s being mentored by Lebron, Handy, Kidd, AD, only 20 years old. More he plays the more he will improve.

Did you really just put Shaq and Elden Campbell in the same sentence for contrast?

If so, that's about the best and extreme contrast a person could get your point from.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Trez is being petty. This kid THT is not trying to steal your minutes, your touches, your role, your paycheck, your nothing.

So, why are you, in front of the whole f'n world, mistreating your young team mate like that? And, this early in the season when everyone is trying to learn each other?

We've learned something vital about Trez in that moment. If you leave your youngin' hanging like that, your super selfish, and revealing why the guys next door were glad to see you go. I didn't like that ish at all.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject:

Good for Caruso though. I hope that LeBron and Klutch warn Harrell to stop doing that.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:
Talen’s style of play driving to the basket means he needs to make a name for himself to get foul calls. If they bench him and play him late in the season, he won’t get those calls at all.

I believe that Talen’s ceiling is higher than DS, and it’s only a matter of time. Just like Elden Campbell was good, Shaq was that much better. Talen’s style of attack, passing, pick and pop, entry pass, are going to be great. He needs to develop his off hand at the rim. Defensively he needs to work on what spots to be in a team setting, and study film to learn what space to give what players so he won’t get burnt by slacking off a hot shooting Trent Jr. He’s being mentored by Lebron, Handy, Kidd, AD, only 20 years old. More he plays the more he will improve.

Did you really just put Shaq and Elden Campbell in the same sentence for contrast?

If so, that's about the best and extreme contrast a person could get your point from.

Lol. Hyperbole, but just chose an example of the next guy who came after. Eden Campbell was solid, but frustrating.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

There was one play before the free throw incident in which Trezz was left all alone in the left side and there were the other 4 in the right side, two of them in the same of spot (THT one of them). I assumed THT was supposed to move to the Trezz side. It was a resulting ugly broken play.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Just people reading into it too much, just because he didn’t give a high five. Now there is animosity. Just kinda find those miss five funny.

Found Phil Jackson’s the funniest
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject:

They were also arguing at 3 quarter time, and in the 4th quarter after a couple of defensive breakdowns where some people on reddit said Trez pushed THT away.

I think part of it is THT is too tunnel visioned when he has the ball and is the playmaker, you can call your own shot but ignoring teammates all the time will likely get them upset with you. On reddit people said at the end of the 3rd he told THT to "pass the damn ball"
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Dislike the Clippers obviously but they actually look like their building chemistry. Could Trezz have been a problem? Stuff like this with THT makes you wonder. We don’t do that over here. Bron and AD need to set him straight if this continues. I didn’t like how he reacted during a timeout either
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
They were also arguing at 3 quarter time, and in the 4th quarter after a couple of defensive breakdowns where some people on reddit said Trez pushed THT away.

I think part of it is THT is too tunnel visioned when he has the ball and is the playmaker, you can call your own shot but ignoring teammates all the time will likely get them upset with you. On reddit people said at the end of the 3rd he told THT to "pass the damn ball"

I wonder if this has anything to do with his DNPs too
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Young Mamba...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject:

These things happen on a team over the course of a season, but certainly I appreciate how a core player and champion like Caruso behaved there. Alex is legit DFish/Fox/Horry type of role player category in every way. He totally gets it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
These things happen on a team over the course of a season, but certainly I appreciate how a core player and champion like Caruso behaved there. Alex is legit DFish/Fox/Horry type of role player category in every way. He totally gets it.

Great post!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:

At the 4:15 mark, this looks like the play where Harrell got frustrated.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 105, 106, 107 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 106 of 202
Jump to: