The OFFICIAL Jason Kidd Trade Thread (latest rumors p.11)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
I'm not trying to sound like a jerk, but LB, what would be a realistic Kidd deal that you would take. I'm pretty sure you're the one that wanted Gasol instead, and if so...I'm in the same boat. The problem is, if Emplay is right with the 'Bynum or bust' stance Memphis is making, that isn't going to happen. I've given up on the dream that they can land both, or even Gasol at all, so if this is the best deal the Lakers can make...what do you give up to get Kidd? I'd hope for Farmar and a 1st OR 2 1sts, but I don't think Jersey bites.

Bro, you don't sound like a jerk, trust me. It's all good. Now, I would do the Kidd deal if we didn't have to give up Mihm and 2 1st round picks. I also don't want scrub Collins in the deal. But to be honest, dealing for Kidd who may bounce after 2 seasons is the REAL issue really. That's just a lot to give up in the event he dosn't re-up with us.

And to answer your gasol question, I've never asked for Pau to come as a Laker, so you have me confused with another member here. But, would I like to see him here?...Yeah, who wouldn't. He'd greatly help out in the post area, which is the main priority really, not PG.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject:

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44685/20070213/_kidds_back_is_hurting_might_sit/

Kidd might sit, this could mean a potential trade.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44685/20070213/_kidds_back_is_hurting_might_sit/

Well....there's a couple ways you could look at this.

One way says that if a trade was going to go down, the upcoming all-star break would be a great opportunity to spend a few days coming up to speed with the offense. But the league won't let him sit out the all-star break unless he's injured. So if he uses his back as an excuse this week, he has a reason to avoid Vegas this weekend. Plus by sitting he's not risking an untimely injury which would kill any deal.

The other way of looking at it is that maybe he has a sore back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:

Are you talking about this:

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Jason Kidd will miss the next two games for the New Jersey Nets with a strained lower back, and his status was uncertain for Sunday's NBA All-Star Game.

The All-Star point guard will be out for Tuesday's game against San Antonio and Wednesday's game in Toronto before the All-Star weekend in Las Vegas.

The Nets had no immediate information on whether Kidd would play for the East in the All-Star Game.

Kidd had played in all 52 games this season for the Nets (25-27), a feat matched only by guard Vince Carter, and has averaged 36.6 minutes.

Kidd had 10 points and nine rebounds Saturday as the Nets extended their winning streak to three by beating the Orlando Magic.

He was replaced late in the third quarter by Marcus Williams, who took control of the game, finishing with 12 points and seven assists. Kidd saw some action in the fourth quarter.

Kidd is averaging 14.3 points, eight rebounds and 8.7 assists this season.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2764157

Do it Mitch!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: