Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

How about that extension? It ain't gonna get any cheaper but I guess they would pay him whatever. He's worth it.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
11% say no. Grass is greener syndrome is real. If a championship banner can't do it, then there is no cure for this syndrome.

EXACTLY.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Frank Vogel said this game as much as any this year was a Laker basketball type of win.

Defense, flying out on the break, sharing the ball on offense.

“An identity win."

A good night indeed.

An identity win. What a great way to put it.

felt like a real substance win that can be built on.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

What a good coach! With or without Bradley, he found a way to adjust quickly won it all. This year, with and without several new/key players, he keeps the team rolling at top level. Players play comfortably and grow continuously under his coaching.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Objective Question For Real...have we ever seen Coach Vogel get definitively outcoached as a Laker? I cant think of a single instance and I mean that.

#BannersOverBillboards
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

9-0 on the road and LeBron playing the fewest minutes per game in his career.

Integrating several new players into the rotation and still on top of the league with the best record.

Hard to argue with the job Uncle Frank is doing, he has the team seemingly together and winning even though we all know they aren't even close to their ceiling right now with this group.

Not sure I would trade this guy for any other coach in the league.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

I think that 11% was initial reaction. I was on on board from the jump. Any coach who could make Roy hibbert an all star clearly has a plan, plus it got us out of the lue sweepstakes which would have been a terrible hire.

Vogel a lot like spoelstra teaches simple defensive schemes but beats them into your head until mastered and offensively coaches movement of balls and bodies
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 6:21 am    Post subject:

Now it's time for me to get on Vogel. When you have efficient players like Caruso and Harrell and you don't play them during key moments in the game, you are not doing your job, as a coach.

Harrell has ZERO contribution on the offensive side, and we lost by 1 point. Why? For one thing, Vogel played Gasol too many minutes. Yes, Gasol has a big body and he can slow down Embiid, but Harrell should have been given more time to show what he can do against a legit bigman. What I saw was that he played fairly good defense against Embiid. But because Vogel didn't play him enough, or use his scoring, Harrell scored ZERO POINTS!!!

Vogel played Gasol almost twice as many minutes as Harrell. Why? Harrell proved he can defend Embiid and Harrell is the better offensive player than Gasol. So why the F did Vogel play Harrell so few minutes?

Harrell is the sort of player that if he's not utilized properly, he doesn't feel valued, and if he doesn't feel valued, his contribution drops. If Harrell even gives us a few points, we win this game. But, with 15 minutes total playing time and only 1 shot taken, our BEST bigman on the team was rendered useless. And for that, I squarely blame Vogel.

Next is Caruso. I guess Vogel is trying to keep him fresh to finish games. No. Not a good strategy. Play your best and most efficient players, dammit. Caruso leads the league in 3 point shooting percentage, and he's a solid defender. So why is he getting only 15 minutes of playing time against the number one team in the east? While you leave KCP in there doing absolutely nothing for almost 30 minutes, dammit.

Vogel's rotations are horrendous. He is not playing our best players enough, and he is screwing up their rhythm. Vogel played our most efficient players in Harrell and and Caruso less than 5 minutes per quarter??? Really. No wonder why we lost.

Horrible coaching by Vogel as of late.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Frank Vogel's coaching is being exposed. It seems he plays politics when it comes to playing time, than the players that are gonna be the most effective to winning games.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Frank Vogel's coaching is being exposed. It seems he plays politics when it comes to playing time, than the players that are gonna be the most effective to winning games.

Lols.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Haven’t blamed Vogel because he helped lead us to a championship but in the regular season... he poorly coaches. Remember he overplayed Rondo. Is Wes suddenly going to become Playoff Rondo? No. He makes winning much harder and doesn’t stay with productive groups long enough. Nope, he has to get DS back in the game and Matthews veteran minutes. He’s handicapping the team
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Now it's time for me to get on Vogel. When you have efficient players like Caruso and Harrell and you don't play them during key moments in the game, you are not doing your job, as a coach.

Harrell has ZERO contribution on the offensive side, and we lost by 1 point. Why? For one thing, Vogel played Gasol too many minutes. Yes, Gasol has a big body and he can slow down Embiid, but Harrell should have been given more time to show what he can do against a legit bigman. What I saw was that he played fairly good defense against Embiid. But because Vogel didn't play him enough, or use his scoring, Harrell scored ZERO POINTS!!!

Vogel played Gasol almost twice as many minutes as Harrell. Why? Harrell proved he can defend Embiid and Harrell is the better offensive player than Gasol. So why the F did Vogel play Harrell so few minutes?

Harrell is the sort of player that if he's not utilized properly, he doesn't feel valued, and if he doesn't feel valued, his contribution drops. If Harrell even gives us a few points, we win this game. But, with 15 minutes total playing time and only 1 shot taken, our BEST bigman on the team was rendered useless. And for that, I squarely blame Vogel.

Next is Caruso. I guess Vogel is trying to keep him fresh to finish games. No. Not a good strategy. Play your best and most efficient players, dammit. Caruso leads the league in 3 point shooting percentage, and he's a solid defender. So why is he getting only 15 minutes of playing time against the number one team in the east? While you leave KCP in there doing absolutely nothing for almost 30 minutes, dammit.

Vogel's rotations are horrendous. He is not playing our best players enough, and he is screwing up their rhythm. Vogel played our most efficient players in Harrell and and Caruso less than 5 minutes per quarter??? Really. No wonder why we lost.

Tonight he played Harrell too many minutes. He was terrible in the 4th. Gasol was terrible too. We need another big because AD gets injured often.
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
troy wrote:

Tonight he played Harrell too many minutes. He was terrible in the 4th. Gasol was terrible too. We need another big because AD gets injured often.

Gasol has been a disaster. Losing dwight so far has been our demise.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
troy wrote:

They had Dwight waiting for Harrell and traded away McGee for the fossil that is Gasol. Is Karma biting us?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject:

I know Vogel is experimenting, but hopefully he has finally given up on that LBJ/Kuz/Wes/Kieff/Harrell lineup.

Saw a stat: When that lineup plays, Lakers are 7-4. When that lineup doesn’t play, the Lakers are 9-2. This is in addition to the lineup being -66 or something like that.

Tough to be minus with Lebron in the lineup. So hopefully that lineup idea is scratched.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:53 am    Post subject:

That half-time rant should have been something, LOL!!
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Love Vogel! He has brought out the best of this roster
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
troy wrote:

17-6 a half game from best record in the league'with tlbeing the odds on favorite to wi. It all is the perfect definition and use of the word 'demise'.

#BannersOverBillboards
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

He not so good now
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Best defense in the league until recent hiccup. We lost games last year.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Coach is fine. Always been one of the best coaches in the NBA. Can't do much if you don't have the tools.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject:

Vogel not the one shooting threes but need a way to motivate this team not to get in a deep hole at start of games
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject:

Don't you guys think our offense is very stagnant compared to the Clippers and Nets?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
Don't you guys think our offense is very stagnant compared to the Clippers and Nets?

Yes, but that I blame on the changing parts and lack of practice, and coaching secondary to that.

We went from niche role players like Danny Green, Dwight Howard and Rondo, who knew their role inside out for better or worse and we relied heavily on Bron as a PG.

Now we switched it up to higher usage players like Dennis Schroder, Trez off the bench, and AD has been injured this year (clearly he has been bothered by the injury longer than we knew) and Bron is coasting a bit on offense (way too many 3s). When you combine all the changes plus the lack of practice time, I expected something to fall. Just take a look at the Heat game, when Bron was in, the Lakers were a +11 or something. Without him, the Lakers were a -13. Something like that. Dennis (even though he has missed those games) and Trez have added very little impact off the bench this season, as when we got them, we thought we could have one of the best benches in the NBA. It is the same ole same ole like last year, only neither is as good a fit as Danny Green, Dwight or Rondo.

I will say, it is much harder for a team to get in sync on D and inforce defensive habits suddenly than is to create high level O. At least the guys we brought in have us still at the #1 rated D team. Once we really go all out, our D with Dennis, Caruso, Bron, AD etc is pretty much as good as it gets in the NBA. That is because of Frank Vogel.

We can create high level O in the playoffs by just playing off Bron in playoff PG mode and a healthy dominant AD inside. No matter what, if we do no have that playoff PG mode Bron or a healthy dominant AD inside, we can have as good an offense as we want, but it will not work so those guys have to peak in the playoffs.

That said, 17th in the NBA on offense is pretty weak, even with all those scenarios, for our talent level. The coaching staff, the new players, need to both take some accountability. LeBron needs to shoot less 3s, Trez and Dennis (when he returns) need to run more pick and rolls. AD (when he gets back) needs to get more assertive in taking shots around the basket (and not settling for being Dirk like). Just 3 things on offense will change things dramatically for us. 1) Bron flips the switch and attacks more, takes over as the PG full time. 2) A healthy AD returns and looks for more paint around te basket shots instead of long distance jumpers 3) We run Dennis-Trez screen and rolls when we have our 2nd unit in. A LOT.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:

Yes, but that I blame on the changing parts and lack of practice, and coaching secondary to that.

We went from niche role players like Danny Green, Dwight Howard and Rondo, who knew their role inside out for better or worse and we relied heavily on Bron as a PG.

Now we switched it up to higher usage players like Dennis Schroder, Trez off the bench, and AD has been injured this year (clearly he has been bothered by the injury longer than we knew) and Bron is coasting a bit on offense (way too many 3s). When you combine all the changes plus the lack of practice time, I expected something to fall. Just take a look at the Heat game, when Bron was in, the Lakers were a +11 or something. Without him, the Lakers were a -13. Something like that. Dennis (even though he has missed those games) and Trez have added very little impact off the bench this season, as when we got them, we thought we could have one of the best benches in the NBA. It is the same ole same ole like last year, only neither is as good a fit as Danny Green, Dwight or Rondo.

I will say, it is much harder for a team to get in sync on D and inforce defensive habits suddenly than is to create high level O. At least the guys we brought in have us still at the #1 rated D team. Once we really go all out, our D with Dennis, Caruso, Bron, AD etc is pretty much as good as it gets in the NBA. That is because of Frank Vogel.

We can create high level O in the playoffs by just playing off Bron in playoff PG mode and a healthy dominant AD inside. No matter what, if we do no have that playoff PG mode Bron or a healthy dominant AD inside, we can have as good an offense as we want, but it will not work so those guys have to peak in the playoffs.

That said, 17th in the NBA on offense is pretty weak, even with all those scenarios, for our talent level. The coaching staff, the new players, need to both take some accountability. LeBron needs to shoot less 3s, Trez and Dennis (when he returns) need to run more pick and rolls. AD (when he gets back) needs to get more assertive in taking shots around the basket (and not settling for being Dirk like). Just 3 things on offense will change things dramatically for us. 1) Bron flips the switch and attacks more, takes over as the PG full time. 2) A healthy AD returns and looks for more paint around te basket shots instead of long distance jumpers 3) We run Dennis-Trez screen and rolls when we have our 2nd unit in. A LOT.

Not disagreeing what you are saying but I think coaches need to take a lot of the responsibility. Lack of practice happens to the Nets and Clippers too and they both had major lineup changes as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 122 of 224
Jump to: