OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Another great all-around game by AC.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject:

🐐

Kiss my Converse.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
🐐

LOLZ, nice work EZ....
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Pay the man. Whatever it takes.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

He is a really good defender. He is our Kirk hinrich
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

We cannot let him leave.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Frank Vogel on Alex Caruso: "He's one of our best players. ... He really, really impacts our defense."
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Frank Vogel on Alex Caruso: "He's one of our best players. ... He really, really impacts our defense."

It shouldn't make sense on paper, but he's become one of the best guard defenders in the NBA, he sticks to his role on offense, and big moments don't rattle him.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
We cannot let him leave.

I agree. I get that we're trusting Pelinka, but if we can't lose AC then it needs wrapped up before the deadline. What they can't afford to do is go into the offseason with their multiple "must resign" guys, sign one and then reason that it isn't worth going deep into tax after that.

Example: DS 18M 3yr, THT gets poison pill Laker (not quite the 30M in 3rd & 4th, more like 20M) Harrell gets a better offer.

Now we're where we didn't think we would be. AC at going rate (11M/yr?) puts you into mad tax for a 3rd year. I get the "win now let's worry about it later" attitude, but if there pretty sure where their limits are then plan accordingly. If they can keep AC and are sure they can't justify keeping DS long term then deal DS if need be.

I want AC long term, but if one of the (3, 4 if you consider KCP) guards can get you a reasonably priced defensive forward to throw at the Clips you have to consider it.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

This pretty much says it all. From the most credible expert there is on the subject.

Loving that AC/THT combo so far. Teaching a young promising athletic guard the right way to play defense by example out there.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

It shouldn't make sense on paper, but he's become one of the best guard defenders in the NBA, he sticks to his role on offense, and big moments don't rattle him.

I have him as the best guard defender in the NBA. He is that good imo
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Yup on all 3.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Been posting that AC is the 3rd most important Lakers. Fan just undervalue his importance to our team success. AC just does so many things on the floor you can’t tabulate. Somebody will pay AC some big time cash this summer, I hope the Lakers is working on a long term deal with AC right now. I see AC as a mini version of Draymond Green and he is getting paid big time money. I don’t want to lose AC cause he makes watching game more exciting with his energy, hustle and smart plays.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:36 am    Post subject:

We got extremely fortunate with Vogel, as he is one of the few guys that values defensive minded combo guards. I think of many coaches would have gone frustrated with Caruso's limitations, as he is not naturally a 2 that can come off screens and snipe, nor is a he a 1 that can create at a high level using screens. He is a very specific type of combo guard, one that you have to plug in if you have the right talent around him. I think a team with superstars would pay a full MLE to him, and not regret it at all.

Whatever it takes, we gotta try to keep him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:17 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
We cannot let him leave.

I agree. I get that we're trusting Pelinka, but if we can't lose AC then it needs wrapped up before the deadline. What they can't afford to do is go into the offseason with their multiple "must resign" guys, sign one and then reason that it isn't worth going deep into tax after that.

Example: DS 18M 3yr, THT gets poison pill Laker (not quite the 30M in 3rd & 4th, more like 20M) Harrell gets a better offer.

Now we're where we didn't think we would be. AC at going rate (11M/yr?) puts you into mad tax for a 3rd year. I get the "win now let's worry about it later" attitude, but if there pretty sure where their limits are then plan accordingly. If they can keep AC and are sure they can't justify keeping DS long term then deal DS if need be.

I want AC long term, but if one of the (3, 4 if you consider KCP) guards can get you a reasonably priced defensive forward to throw at the Clips you have to consider it.

I'm a huge THT fan but I doubt a team will do a full max poison pill on someone who is not proven. Also, he's Klutch so doubt THT will just take whatever offer is out there and sabotage LBJ/AD/Klutch. Remember, THT has to take the offer.

I think it will turn out that THT will get an offer, bring it to the Lakers and they will make a fair offer that he will accept.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
We cannot let him leave.

I'm a huge THT fan but I doubt a team will do a full max poison pill on someone who is not proven. Also, he's Klutch so doubt THT will just take whatever offer is out there and sabotage LBJ/AD/Klutch. Remember, THT has to take the offer.

I think it will turn out that THT will get an offer, bring it to the Lakers and they will make a fair offer that he will accept.

I agree, that's what I'm saying. If I remember the format is something like 5,5, 30,30. Even if he shows more flashes in the playoffs, my guess above is 5,5, 20,20. He brings it to the FO, sure maybe he takes 17M instead of 20M for those last two years.

My point is, THT, KCP and DS relate directly to what they do with AC. The three young guards are going to want a 3rd year, and you don't want to let an asset walk. The Lakers know the power of this as it was part of why they signed Trezz to screw the Clips.

I'd like to see them keep everyone, but even if they want to pay the 3rd year for all 4 guards they'll eventually need to move one of them for a defensive forward/big (especially with Trezz likely to walk). Hopefully, it's as easy as signing AC and DS by the trade deadline, but if one of them doesn't then you need to look at a trade. One of them for a consistent defensive 3/4 on a 2 yr deal would be the easiest fix short and long term.

I can't imagine trading my dude AC, but "untouchable" and "may get an offer LA won't match" is a bad combo. Even if he loves it here and sees that LBJ's game brings out the best in him, he is a free agent.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

This guy plays winning basketball. Period.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Kobe woulda loved playing with Caruso. Would have had a ton of respect for him.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:

Yeah, but would have Caruso yelled "pass the ball Kobe!"
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

Yeah, but would have Caruso yelled "pass the ball Kobe!"

Kobe, Caruso > mj, pip
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Whether it's an open run w/ Rico Hines or a game 7 in the NBA, Alex Michael Caruso is the type to give it his all and do the right thing to win games.. He's the type of guy to literally give you the shirt off his back. If I'm in a fox hole, that's the guy I want next to me. He's selfless and a winner. And for that, I love him.

Kiss my Converse.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject:

First time I've seen him be the only player with a negative +/-

I thought his defense on Jamal Murray was stellar tonight. Murray had to work for everything on Caruso, and Caruso's switches were so effortless and disruptive.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
First time I've seen him be the only player with a negative +/-

I thought his defense on Jamal Murray was stellar tonight. Murray had to work for everything on Caruso, and Caruso's switches were so effortless and disruptive.

We now expect him to be stellar every game !
Not blaming you - I'm the same, he misses a couple of shots and doesn't get an amazing steal and I'm thinking is AC injured or something lol
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

This is one of those times where the stats don't tell the whole story.
Caruso did not score a single point but still greatly affected the game with his elite defense and hustle. He does the little things and he does them well!

Caruso, KCP, Kuzma and now THT are all Lebron acolytes and all have grown and thrived on the court as a result.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:08 am    Post subject:

Is caruso as good now or will he be as good as Prime Kirk Hinrich?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 112 of 132
Jump to: