NBA All-Star 2021 (Lakers represent!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

West:
Alex Caruso
Talen Horton-Tucker
Lebron James
Anthony Davis
Nikola Jokic

Sue me.

East:
Trae Young
Bradley Beal
Kevin Durant
Greek Freak
Joel Embiid

Kyrie Irving is having an great year but him missing games is annoying to me, and I refuse to vote for Harden due to his game being frustrating to watch.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Lebron says he's not too happy there is going to be an all-star game this year. He wanted to use the 5 days off to rest.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lebron says he's not too happy there is going to be an all-star game this year. He wanted to use the 5 days off to rest.

Lack of offseason rest, compressed schedule, and potential Olympics on the horizon....I can't imagine its good for these NBA players when it comes to taking care of their bodies.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject:

Yeah. And there's the COVID situation. NBA should cancel the ASG festivities this year.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Yes I personally have not been voting for him or AD. Not because I don’t think they are deserving obviously but because they got 15 minutes of an off-season before this new season started again so I don’t think any of the playoff teams particularly the teams that made it to the conference finals of the finals should have to perform again. I was hoping they were just going to have a symbolic vote like Yay these are the folks who the fans would pick but then leave the actual players alone and give them a break. They need the time off. So now I’m voting for guys like Sabonis, you know? If they have to play a game, it’s a great time to showcase other people that are playing well in the league without driving the superstars into the ground.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject:

I think the ASG and all its “festivities “ is a ludicrous waste of time in a normal year. This year?

Cancel the game. Give them a plaque. Let the players get some days off.

Maybe use the time to re- schedule some of the missed games. But gathering the players for a meaningless media game is stupid.

Hopefully James’ influence, along with Giannis adding his support, can stop this event. Maybe they can start a new trend and get it cancelled going forward.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I think the ASG and all its “festivities “ is a ludicrous waste of time in a normal year. This year?

Cancel the game. Give them a plaque. Let the players get some days off.

Maybe use the time to re- schedule some of the missed games. But gathering the players for a meaningless media game is stupid.

Hopefully James’ influence, along with Giannis adding his support, can stop this event. Maybe they can start a new trend and get it cancelled going forward.

The All Star game is supposed to be for the fans....I believe the game is limited capacity, but the entire weekend has festivities devoted for the fans. Seems like they could take a year off since we are in a pandemic that won't end until late in the year.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

Kawhi has an 80k lead on AD for starter spot so far.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

Milwaukee Bucks' Giannis Antetokounmpo: 'Don't care about the All-Star Game'

Quote:
"Like, I can't worry about the All-Star Game. I want to see my family. I want to go see my little brother in Spain, I want my brother to come see me," he added. "So I'm the same way. I've got zero energy, zero excitement. At the end of the day, if they tell us we're gonna show up, we've got to do our job. I'm always gonna do my job. I'm always showing up, showing the right example. But at the end of the day inside, deep down, I don't want to do it. I want to get some break."

Quote:
"There's so much going on as far as we're trying to calm the virus down -- and we're putting on an event, you know?" Harden said. "I know what the reasoning is for, but I feel like, especially with a condensed schedule, it feels like everything was forced upon players. It's already draining to be playing a lot of games in a week. I feel like that was a week for us to kind of relax, be with our families and kind of take a step back away from basketball."

Leonard said the league's decision is a matter of valuing "money over health."

"I mean, we all know why we are playing it. You know, there's money on the line," he said. "It's an opportunity to make more money. ... Just putting money over health right now, pretty much. Yeah, we are playing games now, and it is still a pandemic. We are doing all these protocols and rules, so it doesn't really surprise me."

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30843764/milwaukee-bucks-giannis-antetokounmpo-care-all-star-game
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

Going to be interesting to see if the League listens to it's stars and players in general on this event and topic.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, the League has to seriously re-think all this now. There's been A LOT of star power all saying they don't agree with having it at all. Personally, I agree with them all as well. I thought it was going to be a pretty easy decision not to have a big all star game and celebration this season considering all the Postponed games there has already been. Not to even mention the much more condensed schedule where a small layoff could help a lot.

I also get the money aspect but if even 1-2 people happened to have Covid during this it would be a pretty brutal spread since they obviously have players from ton of different teams who can then go back and single handedly take out entire depth charts.

They should still finalize all the voting and congratulate the players for making it but beyond that it's kind of obvious it's a horrible idea with massive potential downsides for this season.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Now they want to do the dunk contest during half time of the allstar game? Just getting weirder..

On a side note, congrats on Carushow squeezing into top 10 guards in voting!
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Kawhi has an 80k lead on AD for starter spot so far.

Kawhi with a 130K lead now.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:56 am    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Now they want to do the dunk contest during half time of the allstar game? Just getting weirder..

Wouldn’t mind seeing Zion vs DJones v Lavine v Gordon... (Blake, Ja too). Hell, they can do it in their own gym virtual style
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Wouldn’t mind seeing Zion vs DJones v Lavine v Gordon... (Blake, Ja too). Hell, they can do it in their own gym virtual style

That would be awesome, NBA should go for marquee guys for the dunk contest to drive ratings. I think Aaron Gordon said he's done with the dunk contest, getting snubbed twice. Zion imo is similar to Lebron, freak athletes that most people would expect to do great things but in reality probably won't win so they won't want to be in the contest lol
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Sources: Utah Jazz coach Quin Snyder to lead Western Conference in NBA All-Star Game

Quote:
While the league has not officially announced that the game is taking place March 7, if it holds to its typical timeline of selecting the coach of the team with the best record as of two weeks before the game -- which sources say the league intends to do -- then Snyder officially locked up the honor with Utah's win over the Philadelphia 76ers on Monday night.

Quote:
Snyder, 54, has piloted Utah to the NBA's best record at 23-5, including wins in 19 of its last 20 games, entering tonight's showdown with the Clippers in Los Angeles. Utah has the league's fourth-best offensive rating (116.6 points per 100 possessions), second-best defensive rating (107.4) and best net rating (plus-9.2). The Jazz are the only team that resides in the top five in both offensive and defensive rating, and the Phoenix Suns are the only other team that is in the top 10 in both categories (10th and sixth, respectively).

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30918272/sources-utah-jazz-coach-quin-snyder-lead-western-conference-all-star-game
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Cancel the ASG. Just vote the for the players and that's it. I'd rather see Lebron get that extra rest. Less mileage equals more longevity.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:30 pm    Post subject:

I have to agree with quite a few posters here and players as well. We don't need an All Star game this year.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
I have to agree with quite a few posters here and players as well. We don't need an All Star game this year.

I never got the idea of the all star thing. Sure there were some fun moments but since it is not really competitive it is no real fun to watch.

I'm all for voting and giving the fans some way to express their favorites as well as the players some honor.
IPK
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Isn't the all-star MVP trophy named in Kobe's honor?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
2021 West All-Star starters:
Stephen Curry
Luka Doncic
LeBron James (captain)
Kawhi Leonard
Nikola Jokic

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Stephen Curry
Luka Doncic
LeBron James (captain)
Kawhi Leonard
Nikola Jokic

LeBron literally could not have made his disinterest in the All Star Game this season more clear. I wonder how the league plans to finesse this...
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
Stephen Curry
Luka Doncic
LeBron James (captain)
Kawhi Leonard
Nikola Jokic

LeBron literally could not have made his disinterest in the All Star Game this season more clear. I wonder how the league plans to finesse this...

Well. They could do the right thing and cancel it.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:17 pm    Post subject:

No Lillard ... man he gets no love in Portland
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
TDRock wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
Stephen Curry
Luka Doncic
LeBron James (captain)
Kawhi Leonard
Nikola Jokic

Well. They could do the right thing and cancel it.

Yep they could.

But instead they released date and the schedule earlier today so yeah... :/

Last edited by TDRock on Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7
Jump to: