Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject:

His game and physical attributes are outstanding, but the thing that stands out the most to me is his maturity and fearlessness. Getting the green light to make plays and score on a championship team (outside of garbage time), with LBJ as your teammate and actually being successful doing it.. man..
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:05 pm    Post subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2021/2/5/22268546/lakers-stats-talen-horton-tucker-montrezl-harrell-pairing-lineup-minutes-frank-vogel
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:18 am    Post subject:

It really would be something if after all these years, we got another home-grown star. I think Kobe was really the last player we drafted that became a great player with the Lakers and stayed here during his glory days.

Even if THT, Caruso, Kuzma do not become stars, but just really good starting or key bench players how great will that be? I mean for years it seems like it has been 1 or 2 stars and the rest of the squad, the not ready for prime time players.

Going forward maybe into next season we may go more with a three guard lineup, depending on matchups.

Schroder
KCP
THT
Lebron
Davis

With Caruso coming in off the bench and taking one of the three guard spots.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.silverscreenandroll.com/platform/amp/2021/2/5/22268546/lakers-stats-talen-horton-tucker-montrezl-harrell-pairing-lineup-minutes-frank-vogel

Very good article. Some numbers to rise some eyebrows and reflect the way we watch games. Take your time to read it. Let's "the beef" just vanish.

"Whether it was developed in offseason, inter-agency pickup games or just the result of a natural blend of talents between a young, long athlete who loves to get into a lane and an undersized garbage man who loves to clean up the scraps, these two are working well together for the Lakers."
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Very good article. Some numbers to rise some eyebrows and reflect the way we watch games. Take your time to read it. Let's "the beef" just vanish.

"Whether it was developed in offseason, inter-agency pickup games or just the result of a natural blend of talents between a young, long athlete who loves to get into a lane and an undersized garbage man who loves to clean up the scraps, these two are working well together for the Lakers."

Quote:
" And regardless of larger lineup context, it’s just clear that Harrell and Horton-Tucker do benefit one another.
Horton-Tucker’s net rating has been 7 points per 100 possessions higher with Trezz on the floor, while Harrell’s is 4.5 better alongside Horton-Tucker than it is without. "
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
lakerican wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Quote:
" And regardless of larger lineup context, it’s just clear that Harrell and Horton-Tucker do benefit one another.
Horton-Tucker’s net rating has been 7 points per 100 possessions higher with Trezz on the floor, while Harrell’s is 4.5 better alongside Horton-Tucker than it is without. "

DS-AC
KCP-THT
BRON-KUZ
AD-MONTREZL
Center

I’m good with that core for couple years
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject:

We are so blessed as fans to have THT.

My question is can you see THT become a 24-25 ppg type of guy? I am planning post LBJ.

AD + THT + Schroeder and possibly another big name.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

My question is can you see THT become a 24-25 ppg type of guy?

That depends on who we acquire post LeBron to play along side THT and the rest. It also depends on how consistent he can hit his jumpers, whether it be a 2pt or 3pt shot.

His point totals will also be affected by the fact that he's got point guard instincts, so his view of the game will be balanced by his great drive and dish abilities, as well as his ability to score.

In short, it would be nice to see him develop the balanced game he has the ability to play. Maybe in the 17-21 ppg range, a couple of steals, a block or making guys miss their shots.

Ultimately, I'd like to see him establish the goal to make an all defensive team.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

My question is can you see THT become a 24-25 ppg type of guy? I am planning post LBJ.

DS
THT
AD
Embiid/Jokic/Beal/Butler/Middleton/Nets Big 3 all UFA in 2023

One helluva core for 23-24 season when LBJ retires or signs with whatever lotto bound team drafts his kid.
P.K.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

it'd be a lot more useful if he became a 15-18ppg scorer with 7-8 assists
NPZ's Magic Johnson mix: www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8Qbo0WqvOI
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

No, unless he starts perfecting Harden's moves and gets that FTr.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

He actually using it in some of his drives, the refs are not just calling it. He show his arms when gather to bait defenders to slap the ball, just like harden, but the refs are not calling even if they hit him in his arm. So I think he has the potential to be good in that aspect too. Maybe he just needs to sell it more just like harden who looks like he was hit with a hammer everytime he is touch in his arm even though most of them is he's the one who initiated the contact.
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

He actually using it in some of his drives, the refs are not just calling it. He show his arms when gather to bait defenders to slap the ball, just like harden, but the refs are not calling even if they hit him in his arm. So I think he has the potential to be good in that aspect too. Maybe he just needs to sell it more just like harden who looks like he was hit with a hammer everytime he is touch in his arm even though most of them is he's the one who initiated the contact.
If you look at THT in the lane or at the post, he actually likes contact and gets his share of it, with his bulk and strength he just absorbs the contact with little effect, he needs to start watching more tape of Harden and CP3 and start converting some of those contacts into FTs.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
AD23 wrote:

DS
THT
AD
Embiid/Jokic/Beal/Butler/Middleton/Nets Big 3 all UFA in 2023

One helluva core for 23-24 season when LBJ retires or signs with whatever lotto bound team drafts his kid.

Or they trade THT for Bronny. 😲
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
So you are a filipino too, now I know why. typical
- leking006

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:04 am    Post subject:

P.K. wrote:
AD23 wrote:

yeah, 15 and 8, that's the ticket.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:18 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
P.K. wrote:
AD23 wrote:

yeah, 15 and 8, that's the ticket.

Yeah, while we have plenty of other offensive options he should be aiming for that early Kawhi kind of role while he was on the Spurs and focus on dominating defensively while just taking what the defense gives him on the other end. He could easily average 20+ on a lottery bound team a lot like even Kuzma could but that would be diminishing a lot of that potential he has shown defensively already at only 20.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Please Laker for life
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

With a name like Talen Horton you either have to be really good or really bad
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

My casual basketball friends are asking me about THT. He has arrived.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject:

I am more impressed by his passing than his scoring. If he can keep improve his passing and defense, he will play winning playoff basketball and can be a 15-5-5 guy who is a great supporting piece to AD. We do not need a star, I mean of course we need a star when Bron declines/leaves, but we could also use a great 2-way 15 point scorer who can pass. All ring teams tend to have that kind of player, and I see THT being able to develop into a mini-Bron who does a bit of everything.

The best influence on him can be Bron. I hope he works with Bron a lot, as they have similar advantages to an extent at their position. THT does not have the freakish athleticism of young Bron, but old Bron uses his size, length, power and elite ballhandling skills to either paint attempts with post ups/drives or just shoots 3s. This is the sort of game THT should learn as he does some of that naturally already. If we utilize THT as a starting 1 eventually maybe 2 years from now, he will be one of the toughest covers in the NBA. Not many teams will want to match up with a big backcourt like that.

I would love it if we allowed THT to take over from Bron, on the 2nd unit, instead of Dennis. Not only does it give THT some time to develop his game, THT is much more of a natural take control of an offense guy, and makes things happen. Thing is he's basically a rookie, so he will make mistakes and you have to be patient. I just love his willingness to get to the basket, and find open players. I also appreciate with his freakish wingspan for his size that he knows how to make a post entry pass to a big like AD or Trez. He does not play with tunnel vision. I really feel he can develop into someone you can trust as a primary ballhandler. First, you need to give him those reps during the 2nd units wars.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I would love it if we allowed THT to take over from Bron, on the 2nd unit, instead of Dennis. THT is much more of a natural take control of an offense guy, and makes things happen. Thing is he's basically a rookie, so he will make mistakes and you have to be patient. I just love his willingness to get to the basket, and find open players. I also appreciate with his freakish wingspan for his size that he knows how to make a post entry pass to a big like AD or Trez.

This is what I've been hoping too.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:38 am    Post subject:

Kid seemed to rush his shots. Perhaps Matthews coming back put more pressure on him to perform?
delaluz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 5:33 am    Post subject:

I've seen THT start to drive and then take a little step back fade away shot. It would be great if he perfected this shot. However:
-He would have to take a bunch of these in several games to get good at it.
-This type of "player development" shot is not consistent with his "fit in with the Lebron" offensive role (drive to the hoop if he sees an opening or take the three if he's open and the shot clock is running down.)
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

Now is this kids time to shine. Give him 24 plus minutes and let’s see what he has got. I am rooting for him!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 109, 110, 111 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 110 of 202
Jump to: