OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 842, 843, 844 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject:

Trez, Kuz, THT, Caruso, Wes, Kieff. Our bench is probably the best in the league.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Trez, Kuz, THT, Caruso, Wes, Kieff. Our bench is probably the best in the league.

👍

When AD sits, I love the Trez/Kuz/Caruso/Wes flanking lebron. Just a ton of energy to go with LBJ.

THT in for Wes also works depending on matchup and if THT is having a good defense game...he’s still inconsistent on that end, but expected for a 20 year old.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:34 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
As always, the question with Kuz is what will he bring consistently.

I ask that question about every Laker outside of Lebron James. Yes I’m including Anthony Davis in that as well.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Amazing the type of rebounder Kuz has turned into. Just awesome effort and hustle from him. He is a totally different player.
Gepetto
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc
Still can’t believe the Pelicans didn’t force the Lakers to include Kuz in the AD trade. Like they were gonna walk away from that deal. lmao

This dude has a point.

True, but at the time I was ticked they got Hart-I mean, where else was AD going?
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Gepetto wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc
Still can’t believe the Pelicans didn’t force the Lakers to include Kuz in the AD trade. Like they were gonna walk away from that deal. lmao

This dude has a point.

True, but at the time I was ticked they got Hart-I mean, where else was AD going?

I’m still salty about that.

That and the stupidity of the Zubac deal, ugh.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Gepetto wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc

This dude has a point.

I’m still salty about that.

That and the stupidity of the Zubac deal, ugh.

THAT STILL BOTHERS ME!
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Los Angeles Lakers' LeBron James, Kyle Kuzma warned by NBA for violating anti-flopping rule

Quote:
LeBron James and Kyle Kuzma both received warnings for violating the NBA's anti-flopping rule in the Los Angeles Lakers' 115-105 home win over the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday, the league announced.

The NBA said Saturday that James' violation occurred with 2 minutes, 33 seconds remaining in the second quarter when James, positioned between Dillon Brooks and Grayson Allen of the Grizzlies, fell to the floor while vying for a rebound.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30895017/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-kyle-kuzma-warned-nba-violating-anti-flopping-rule
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

He doubled his offensive rebounding and block averages from previous seasons. I hope he can keep this up up to the last game of the season. Focus on the dirty works, his shots will follow eventually.
Trevacious2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
He doubled his offensive rebounding and block averages from previous seasons. I hope he can keep this up up to the last game of the season. Focus on the dirty works, his shots will follow eventually.

I believe he wants to be great, and this is the path.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Perfect time to trade Kyle now that he's getting hype from everyone.

Not sold on Kuz...but have no problem giving him props for elevating his game by finding his fit with the team. We need a 3&D player with dog in him...I have never seen that in Kyle, I have real questions about his ceiling and he was MIA in the playoffs.

Right now, he's looking good because he's fitting in on a team that has Lebron James and Anthony Davis... and teams are starting to account for him (unlike his first few years in the league).

I wouldn't give Kuz away... but I would not lose a second of sleep if he was one of the corner pieces for a real trade.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:

Not sold on Kuz...but have no problem giving him props for elevating his game by finding his fit with the team. We need a 3&D player with dog in him...I have never seen that in Kyle, I have real questions about his ceiling and he was MIA in the playoffs.

Right now, he's looking good because he's fitting in on a team that has Lebron James and Anthony Davis... and teams are starting to account for him (unlike his first few years in the league).

I wouldn't give Kuz away... but I would not lose a second of sleep if he was one of the corner pieces for a real trade.

He cant be traded this season.. and what would you even trade him for? Theres no player you would get back of equal value
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:28 am    Post subject:

I maybe the #1 kuzma non believer here, but I will admit, If Kuzma will play every game like how he played vs the Grizzlies, I think no one can beat the Lakers. That's how important his contribution to this team. The only question is, can he do it in a consistent basis. I hope so.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:55 am    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
M2K wrote:

He cant be traded this season.. and what would you even trade him for? Theres no player you would get back of equal value

No need to trade so far, they need to know if he can do what he's doing now on consistent basis.

But for discussion purposes, they can trade him maybe on someone like:

Jae Crowder
PJ Tucker
Harkless
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:01 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
M2K wrote:

No need to trade so far, they need to know if he can do what he's doing now on consistent basis.

Jae Crowder
PJ Tucker
Harkless

Yikes I rather keep Kuz cause he still have more potential than those guys...
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:10 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
M2K wrote:

Jae Crowder
PJ Tucker
Harkless

Yup more potential overall but the keyword is "consistency" even on the doing the dirty work part. At least those guys are consistent on defensive basis and can shoot. But you are right Kuzma has a better "potential". But until when will he just be a potential player. We need consistency here. But at least Kuzma is showing a little bit of consistency now. I am hoping that he will play like what he did against grizz day in day out. Because as of now he is a double edge sword.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:46 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
M2K wrote:

Jae Crowder
PJ Tucker
Harkless

Yup more potential overall but the keyword is "consistency" even on the doing the dirty work part. At least those guys are consistent on defensive basis and can shoot. But you are right Kuzma has a better "potential". But until when will he just be a potential player. We need consistency here. But at least Kuzma is showing a little bit of consistency now. I am hoping that he will play like what he did against grizz day in day out. Because as of now he is a double edge sword.

All 3 guys you mentioned are not consistent this season either. Harkless has barely played. Tucker is 35 on a downhill. Crowder is no where near as he was last year... Kuz is still young and have shown big growth this year so far. I also like Kuz size compare to those 3.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:13 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
Ksig wrote:
M2K wrote:

Jae Crowder
PJ Tucker
Harkless

All 3 guys you mentioned are not consistent this season either. Harkless has barely played. Tucker is 35 on a downhill. Crowder is no where near as he was last year... Kuz is still young and have shown big growth this year so far. I also like Kuz size compare to those 3.

I think harkless is just not utilized well by the Heat, I dont know why. If they eventually waive him, I think Lakers should get him though.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc

This dude has a point.

We overpaid with all of the draft picks. No, he doesn't have a point.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:38 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc

This dude has a point.

AD + #17 is overpaid?
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc

This dude has a point.

AD + #17 is overpaid?

Huh? We gave up numerous players and draft picks / swaps. What is 17? And we didn't give up AD, we got AD.
delaluz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Believe it of not the Knicks might have one of the best benches since they got Rose. (Rose, Immanuel Quickley, Alec Burks (career 3pt 3.64%), Nerlens Noel (pretty good rim protector) and Obi Toppin (Obi got off to a slow start due to injuries and looked a little lost, but he plays very hard)).

Immanuel Quickley (25 pick) has amazing range for his 3, can get into the paint easily, and has a vg floater. His biggest challenge was when defenses focused on him. With Rose in the mix.

I've watched most of the Knicks games while I wait for the Lakers games to start. Tibbs has them sharing the ball and playing hard.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

Kuzma is my new favorite player!!! I used to just view him as an offensive chucker without any real value to a championship team. That was as a rookie and he kind of just kept proving me right every year after that. Sometime around our playoff run last season he started changing. Now he is the epitome of a winning player. He found a way to turn his high motor plus athletic gifts into parts of his game other than scoring. Never been more happy to be wrong about a player in my life.

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject:

delaluz wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Believe it of not the Knicks might have one of the best benches since they got Rose. (Rose, Immanuel Quickley, Alec Burks (career 3pt 3.64%), Nerlens Noel (pretty good rim protector) and Obi Toppin (Obi got off to a slow start due to injuries and looked a little lost, but he plays very hard)).

Immanuel Quickley (25 pick) has amazing range for his 3, can get into the paint easily, and has a vg floater. His biggest challenge was when defenses focused on him. With Rose in the mix.

I've watched most of the Knicks games while I wait for the Lakers games to start. Tibbs has them sharing the ball and playing hard.

Can’t forget their owner James Dolan!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject:

Big Game James wrote:
governator wrote:
Big Game James wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Quote:
Jake Clark
@mrclarkinc

This dude has a point.

AD + #17 is overpaid?

Huh? We gave up numerous players and draft picks / swaps. What is 17? And we didn't give up AD, we got AD.

It's been rehashed a lot but my main point is that the trade got us our 17th championship and Anthony Davis (arguably the only non-replacable piece in that trade, maybe Brandon Ingram to a lesser extent too) but all the other pieces going to Pels are replacable, including DeAndre Hunter, Lonzo Ball, Josh Hart, the future late 1st rounders... replacable, in reality, we actually have replaced them... Montrezl, Schroeder, Wesley Matthew. This is why we did not overpay (the trade is essentially AD + 17th championship for BI + replacable parts), you can argue that it was a beneficial trade for both teams.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 842, 843, 844 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 843 of 880
Jump to: