OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

He is on an extended slump. Also giving up drives on point of attack. What’s happened to him the last 6-7 games?
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Might be hurt - seems like he is constantly bending over holding his leg/ankle
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Certainly not himself, but it is a long season, and players like him tend to go up and down. As long as he can get back him for, for the playoffs, we will be fine
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:45 am    Post subject:

TIme to bash him again so he can turn it around?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Certainly not himself, but it is a long season, and players like him tend to go up and down. As long as he can get back him for, for the playoffs, we will be fine

Yeah, he is a streaky player . He just need to peak at the right time . But KCP already proven me wrong in the playoff. As long as he is James Posey when it counts, that’s all that matters.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject:

Man, that boneheaded foul on the 3. Yikes.

Hopefully he can start picking things up again or we should give Wes more minutes.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind seeing THT moved to the starting lineup and KCP packaged and traded for a competent center and/or a wing defender.

Think about it. How is KCP better than THT? The only thing I can see is experience in crucial games, but you gain experience by being exposed to it. If we train THT to succeed and fail during those critical times during the season, he could be ready for the post-season.

We can use AC or even Matthews to play the 2 guard. Do we really need to constantly wait and see if KCP will "snap out of it" when we have players that can do what he does, and we surely need help at the 5 and the wing?

As far as head to head, THT is a better defender, shooter, and rebounded than KCP. There is no doubt about that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject:

Klutch.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Klutch.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

I think he has earned the benefit of the doubt though. But I'm not 100% wedded to him.

But Klutch is.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think he has earned the benefit of the doubt though. But I'm not 100% wedded to him.

But Klutch is.

He’s delivered when it’s counted most for us. A bad stretch during the regular season doesn’t say anything about him. Expecting him (or AC for that matter) to keep shooting 50+% from three isn’t realistic. He’s still a good defender, still a guy who goes all out to sprint forward for Lebron to hit on fast breaks (one weird moment from last night aside).
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:06 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But Klutch is.

He’s delivered when it’s counted most for us. A bad stretch during the regular season doesn’t say anything about him. Expecting him (or AC for that matter) to keep shooting 50+% from three isn’t realistic. He’s still a good defender, still a guy who goes all out to sprint forward for Lebron to hit on fast breaks (one weird moment from last night aside).

But THT can do the same things, and more. And with better consistency. That's my point.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kinda remind me of how ray allen played

spoke too soon, get out of this slump KCP!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:03 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But Klutch is.

That's what I'm saying. He's earned the benefit of the doubt. But he's also Klutch so that makes him untouchable really.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But Klutch is.

That's what I'm saying. He's earned the benefit of the doubt. But he's also Klutch so that makes him untouchable really.

No, He is untouchable because he is our best shooter and fast break option in the team and an integral part of the defense. He still is a 45.6% 3pt shooter this year coming from a 38.5% last season.

I hate all this giving "Klutch" importance. What will do Klutch, prevent from trading him, prevent to sit him?? So they tell Rob who to deal and Vogel who to play?? Give me a break. Klutch represents Lebron, and Lebron is just past the stage of feuding, all he wants is play and then go home and drink some wine.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

But Klutch is.

No, He is untouchable because he is our best shooter and fast break option in the team and an integral part of the defense. He still is a 45.6% 3pt shooter this year coming from a 38.5% last season.

I hate all this giving "Klutch" importance. What will do Klutch, prevent from trading him, prevent to sit him?? So they tell Rob who to deal and Vogel who to play?? Give me a break. Klutch represents Lebron, and Lebron is just past the stage of feuding, all he wants is play and then go home and drink some wine.

You must have missed the Lakers vastly overpaying for KCP to stick around pre-LBJ, when he was playing with an ankle bracelet monitor and unable to travel out of state and playing poorly. But the Lakers kept him b/c he was a connection to Klutch and yes, LBJ. Then we kept him on the team.

He's stayed on the past season due to his play. No mistake about that. But let's not be naïve about Klutch's influence on this team. LBJ. AD. Trez. THT. KCP. All Klutch. Coincidence? Of course not.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

Overpaying KCP was to connect to Rich Paul and then Lebron. I highly doubt it was about promising never to move him or deal him. I mean, Quinn Cook is a RP client as well, and he got cut, then brought back at cheaper price.

If the deal makes Lebron and AD get closer to a ring, they and Klutch will send him packing. This is all about Lebron-AD, Lebron primarily.

I agree there is definitely influence, and we did things for KCP that teams would probably not do for a player of his level (such as the ankle bracelet monitor) but IMO that was all to get RP to deliver Bron. Now that Bron actually got to LA, I think if there was a deal for say Bradley Beal or some star like that, I do not think Rich Paul clients going out would influence that in not happening. For sure Bron has heavy influence on the team, and Rob all but admits that in 2019. Its collaboration more than dictating, from what I can see (but I am an outsider).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

The fact our core is populated with Klutch clients shows that Klutch has a huge say in our front office. And I'm actually glad that they do. They helped take us from 6-7 years of mediocrity to absolute dreadfulness up to a ring last year.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

^Yeah as long as Klutch keeps funneling us GOOD players, it's great.

Even KCP - he is streaky but he is pretty solid overall and on a decent contract, THT is great, Harrell has been great, AD obviously, etc.

It's when they could wield that influence to make us overpay guys that could be a problem. But that hasn't happened so have to give them nothing but praise thus far.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject:

The question will be whether Klutch will allow trades of its players out of LA to say, a less desirable location. That has not been put to the test yet.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Please wake up KCP. Dude just straight up wasn’t paying attention when Kuzma threw him a pass and then blamed Kuzma for the turnover.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:11 pm    Post subject:

KCP was huge in the finals. He’s also on a tradable contract. He needs to wake up.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
KCP was huge in the finals. He’s also on a tradable contract. He needs to wake up.

I have faith that he'll work out of this slump; we know he can contribute to a championship (hes still shooting 44% from 3 somehow). I have much less faith in DS.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

I have faith that he'll work out of this slump; we know he can contribute to a championship (hes still shooting 44% from 3 somehow). I have much less faith in DS.

It’s not the shooting that’s the problem. Shooters go through slumps all the time. It’s allowing dribble penetration. It’s refusing to shoot and looking scared to shoot. It’s him playing with no confidence and wondering why. If he could be KCP of last year, the one that couldn’t shoot but played great defense then I wouldn’t complain.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Well, it’s not like he wasn’t in some kind of (bleep) mode last season. As long as he performs in the playoffs, we shouldn’t complain.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 173, 174, 175 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 174 of 182
Jump to: