DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The real elephant in the room is KCP. He's been struggling pretty badly on a long stretch. Why is no one talking about starting AC over him? They are comparable sizes and AC wouldn't have to have as much ball handling responsibilities?

Last year they were going with Avery/Green for most of the regular season. We then flipped it to KCP/Green in the Bubble. Not sure if KCP is mentally locked in for the regular season. He has had some horrendous slow starts for us the past 10-12 games.

I think it’s probably because the Lakers won a title with him.

We haven’t won anything with Schroeder.. in fact, he hasn’t really won anything period. He’s had a career of being on bad teams. Not all his fault, obviously, but he’s still learning to have a winners mentality.

Lakers would be crazy to give him anything close to 20 million a year. I’m not convinced that he should be a starter on a championship team.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The real elephant in the room is KCP. He's been struggling pretty badly on a long stretch. Why is no one talking about starting AC over him? They are comparable sizes and AC wouldn't have to have as much ball handling responsibilities?

Last year they were going with Avery/Green for most of the regular season. We then flipped it to KCP/Green in the Bubble. Not sure if KCP is mentally locked in for the regular season. He has had some horrendous slow starts for us the past 10-12 games.

We haven’t won anything with Schroeder.. in fact, he hasn’t really won anything period. He’s had a career of being on bad teams. Not all his fault, obviously, but he’s still learning to have a winners mentality.

Lakers would be crazy to give him anything close to 20 million a year. I’m not convinced that he should be a starter on a championship team.

Ironically the same things were said about KCP. especially when he was earning that ridiculous KLUTCH tax on the Lakers.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Reds622 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ironically the same things were said about KCP. especially when he was earning that ridiculous KLUTCH tax on the Lakers.

I don’t remember KCP demanding that he be the starter in training camp..

I’m not convinced the Lakers are going to resign him... and if they do, he will be to more of a KCP type contract.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Dude was wearing a probation bracelet and couldn’t travel out of state while earning $18m. People lost their minds about KCP. But all you recall is his championship? That’s myopic at best. Lakers already offered an extension so why wouldn’t they again? I think it will be under $18m/year. Or I hope it is.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

This is why we got him
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

A good bounceback game. But we'll be needing to depend on him Offensively while Davis is out so the style we'll need him to play is more in his wheelhouse than the discount Rondo we were trying to get him to play as before.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dude was wearing a probation bracelet and couldn’t travel out of state while earning $18m. People lost their minds about KCP. But all you recall is his championship? That’s myopic at best. Lakers already offered an extension so why wouldn’t they again? I think it will be under $18m/year. Or I hope it is.

I will always have a place for KCP on the Lakers. He was the forebearer to Lebron and AD.

Yes he was in a troubled state and overpaid and the Lakers essentially bailed him out but by ingratiating the organization with Klutch the end result was a Championship.

Maybe Lebron comes anyway but I wouldn't want to play it back and take that chance.

KCP earned his keep last season as he was an integral piece to the championship run.

Maybe because I am older and thoughts had crossed my mind that I may never experience another championship that I am truly grateful for last season.

I believe he doesn't get much flak on here for the above reasons but also you sort of get lulled in complacency as we have seen this inconsistency repeat itself in the previous 3 seasons. There is only so much b***ing one can keep repeating in this forum.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I will always have a place for KCP on the Lakers. He was the forebearer to Lebron and AD.

Yes he was in a troubled state and overpaid and the Lakers essentially bailed him out but by ingratiating the organization with Klutch the end result was a Championship.

Maybe Lebron comes anyway but I wouldn't want to play it back and take that chance.

KCP earned his keep last season as he was an integral piece to the championship run.

Maybe because I am older and thoughts had crossed my mind that I may never experience another championship that I am truly grateful for last season.

I believe he doesn't get much flak on here for the above reasons but also you sort of get lulled in complacency as we have seen this inconsistency repeat itself in the previous 3 seasons. There is only so much b***ing one can keep repeating in this forum.

Point is he got multiple seasons and chances on this team. 2 games in and people were calling Dennis a bust trade. Where’s that latitude?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Point is he got multiple seasons and chances on this team. 2 games in and people were calling Dennis a bust trade. Where’s that latitude?

It's far from a bust trade and I haven't really seen many comments in that regard but I guess disappointment may be a better description.

Prior to the start of the season I feel he was a little overhyped here and thus people feel disappointment after the buildup he received. I really hope he finds his niche on the court as anything close to his play last season would greatly enhance another championship run.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:

That's not true. Schroder's teams have been in the playoffs in 6 of his 7 years in the league. Which includes second and third round losses to Lebron's Cavs. He's been playing for smaller market teams but they have been winning teams.

He's also played pretty well in the playoffs. His career playoff numbers of 13.1 points, 4 assists are a bit down as he played 28 of his 46 playoff games as a young player when he averaged 2.5, 9 and 11.7 points in his first three seasons. He had his strongest performance 3 years ago when he averaged 24.7, 7.7, and 2.3 with just 1.7 turnovers in 6 games.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

People need to forget about starting AC. He is one of the most overhyped Lakers I can remember.

He's a good role player, but because he's the player he is - an energy guy who has limited point guard skills - he needs to come off the bench. Against starter-level players he'll get exposed.

Dennis had a great game tonight and was extremely efficient. Tonight was an example of how he can help take the load off LeBron and help him age more gracefully.

The fact that AC is again one of the leading vote getters for the All-Star game tells us all we need to know about how much some Lakers fans overhype him.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

If Kyrie plays on Thursday, DS better be ready will or he’s gonna get lit up.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

That's not true. Schroder's teams have been in the playoffs in 6 of his 7 years in the league. Which includes second and third round losses to Lebron's Cavs. He's been playing for smaller market teams but they have been winning teams.

He's also played pretty well in the playoffs. His career playoff numbers of 13.1 points, 4 assists are a bit down as he played 28 of his 46 playoff games as a young player when he averaged 2.5, 9 and 11.7 points in his first three seasons. He had his strongest performance 3 years ago when he averaged 24.7, 7.7, and 2.3 with just 1.7 turnovers in 6 games.

Overall, DS teams have been good. As you said, they made the playoffs 6 of 7 years, and advanced to the eastern conference finals once. He's been on teams that won 60, 49 and 48 games.

In fact, other than Gasol, Lebron and maybe Harrell, he might have had the most successful teams pre-Lakers of anyone on the roster.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

Overall, DS teams have been good. As you said, they made the playoffs 6 of 7 years, and advanced to the eastern conference finals once. He's been on teams that won 60, 49 and 48 games.

In fact, other than Gasol, Lebron and maybe Harrell, he might have had the most successful teams pre-Lakers of anyone on the roster.

Not only that, but Schroder's OKC Thunder greatly overachieved last year and were one of the NBA's feel-good stories. They came within a couple points of facing us in the WCSF.

Seems like Schroder had something to do with OKC's unexpected success last year.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject:

Solid game scoring wise from Dennis. Attacked the basket well. Was running some 2 man games.. Best thing was that we saw some impact from the non-superstar 2nd unit of Trez, Wesley, KCP, Caruso, Dennis. That unit allowed Bron to sit, and we extended the lead and took over.

I said it with the AD rest. I do not think we will make a change, we will just rely more on Kuz and Kieff at the 4. It is an ideal time to develop those Dennis-Trez 2nd units. Without AD or Bron in the mix, Trez and Dennis can really go to work now on those 2nd units.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject:

What a steal.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:09 pm    Post subject:

No extension yet?
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Solid game scoring wise from Dennis. Attacked the basket well. Was running some 2 man games.. Best thing was that we saw some impact from the non-superstar 2nd unit of Trez, Wesley, KCP, Caruso, Dennis. That unit allowed Bron to sit, and we extended the lead and took over.

I said it with the AD rest. I do not think we will make a change, we will just rely more on Kuz and Kieff at the 4. It is an ideal time to develop those Dennis-Trez 2nd units. Without AD or Bron in the mix, Trez and Dennis can really go to work now on those 2nd units.

That's why I said that DS should be always the 2nd option in the court. When he was in the court with AD and Bron he became the 3rd option, he is not aggressive during that as he is looking to pass to AD and Bron, unlike when he is the 2nd option. When AD returned, DS should be off the bench to utilize him more.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:17 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
No extension yet?

Nothing yet. We need to get it done ASAP.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

TDRock reported:
Quote:
SCHRÖ OUT

Per Trudell

Dennis Schroder is out for tonight’s game vs. Brooklyn due to the NBA’s health and safety protocols.

https://twitter.com/lakersreporter/status/1362582440263307267?s=21
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:42 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
    TDRock reported:
Quote:
SCHRÖ OUT

Per Trudell

Dennis Schroder is out for tonight’s game vs. Brooklyn due to the NBA’s health and safety protocols.

AC or Wes as starter? Hopefully its AC to test what he can do as a starter
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
pio2u wrote:
    TDRock reported:
Quote:
SCHRÖ OUT

Per Trudell

AC or Wes as starter? Hopefully its AC to test what he can do as a starter

Wes is starting in DS's place.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Any word as to whether this is just contact tracing or actually COVID?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Any word as to whether this is just contact tracing or actually COVID?

They won't say unless the player decides to disclose it themselves (like when KAT made an official statement). Privileged info. HOWEVER if it turns out he's out for a while then we can discern... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject:

We could have used him tonight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 70 of 284
Jump to: