OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

Caruso was so clutch last night. That overtime could have gotten away from us really quick, and would have, if not for him.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thesteinline/status/1359910364637499394?s=21

Lakers 3rd most important player should get voted into the All-Star game.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Heck yeah climbing up in the All Star ranking!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Fly Alex Fly!
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:22 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Heck yeah climbing up in the All Star ranking!

bump...
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

The fact that a role player with limited skills is among the leading vote-getting guards is a total joke.

Yes, Caruso is a valuable role player for us. But that's all. People voting him into the All-Star game or even saying he should be a starter on a world championship team is nothing more than a practical joke that ain't funny anymore.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:17 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

The fact that a role player with limited skills is among the leading vote-getting guards is a total joke.

Yes, Caruso is a valuable role player for us. But that's all. People voting him into the All-Star game or even saying he should be a starter on a world championship team is nothing more than a practical joke that ain't funny anymore.

Hes the guard version of Drayton Green 3x all star
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
slavavov wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Hes the guard version of Drayton Green 3x all star

I'm guessing you mean Draymond Green, but you've got to be kidding me.

Green is a better ball-handler, passer, rebounder and defender than Caruso. It's not even close.
Roon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Relative to their sizes, you might be able to compare AC and draymonds defense and ball handling, but green is an amazing passer, and not just for his size.

AC is great though one of the best defensive guards in the league.

https://www.facebook.com/warriors/videos/898604504229676/

Draymonds got some slick bounce passes
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Except he WAS a starter on a world championship team, ours, during the championship series last year. And he made a huge difference in our ability to shut teams down and win a title.

If you don't see his value after watching that series, I don't know what to say to you. You claim people voting for AC in All Star balloting are a practical joke that isn't funny anymore, perhaps your own posts fit that category much better than other peoples All-Star preferences.

And no, I didn't vote for AC to make the All Star team, but I don't fault anyone who did. A good portion of them likely value shut down defense and intelligent basketball when a title is on the line.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

I’m grateful he looks like he does. Scares teams off and I’m sure players think they can school him
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Lighten up Francis. This happens almost every year and not once has it had a negative impact on the sacred testament to the purity of basketball known as The All Star Game.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Caruso will never be a starter until he improves his offense. His a very capable guy. Just have to be a little more offensive minded and not just wait for an open look or fastbreak.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
slavavov wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Except he WAS a starter on a world championship team, ours, during the championship series last year. And he made a huge difference in our ability to shut teams down and win a title.

If you don't see his value after watching that series, I don't know what to say to you. You claim people voting for AC in All Star balloting are a practical joke that isn't funny anymore, perhaps your own posts fit that category much better than other peoples All-Star preferences.

And no, I didn't vote for AC to make the All Star team, but I don't fault anyone who did. A good portion of them likely value shut down defense and intelligent basketball when a title is on the line.

Believe me, I see his value. His energy and effort can ignite our team, his defense makes a visible impact, and he has greatly improved his 3-point shooting this year, which has made him even better. He is a very good and valuable role player and I've been rooting for him to improve and grow the past 2 years.

But being an All-Star is something different. I'm just curious, if Caruso played 35 minutes a game and were "unleashed," what kind of numbers would he put up per game?
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject:

People here saying that we are overrating AC, but Vogel started him in the most important game of the season (Game 6) finals. lmfao

Maybe Vogel is overrating AC

No one here saying that AC need to start because of his offense and because he is a star player. He need to start because of his defense and chemistry with Lebron and AD. smh at some of people here.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
slavavov wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Believe me, I see his value. His energy and effort can ignite our team, his defense makes a visible impact, and he has greatly improved his 3-point shooting this year, which has made him even better. He is a very good and valuable role player and I've been rooting for him to improve and grow the past 2 years.

But being an All-Star is something different. I'm just curious, if Caruso played 35 minutes a game and were "unleashed," what kind of numbers would he put up per game?

Check out the last 18 games of the 2018-2019 season. Different circumstance as Lebron was hurt during that period but at the minimum it reflects his potential if given a green light. As you noted his 3pt shot has greatly improved and I also feel his on court iq.

The only negative if he was unleashed is his defense might take a step back from what I see as all NBA level.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:30 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
slavavov wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
slavavov wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Check out the last 18 games of the 2018-2019 season. Different circumstance as Lebron was hurt during that period but at the minimum it reflects his potential if given a green light. As you noted his 3pt shot has greatly improved and I also feel his on court iq.

The only negative if he was unleashed is his defense might take a step back from what I see as all NBA level.

He put up nice numbers during that stretch, but with all due respect they weren't even close to All-Star type numbers.

To me, an All-Star level player needs to put up, say, at least 20 points a game and be above average in at least one other facet of the game. If he doesn't score that much, he needs to be legit elite in probably at least two facets of the game other than scoring. Think Draymond Green (who imo has never truly been an All-Star level player), or back in the day Dennis Rodman.

I don't know, maybe I'm just too harsh in judging greatness. I also think the basketball Hall of Fame is way too easy to get into, maybe I'm also wrong about that.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:12 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
slavavov wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
slavavov wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

He put up nice numbers during that stretch, but with all due respect they weren't even close to All-Star type numbers.

To me, an All-Star level player needs to put up, say, at least 20 points a game and be above average in at least one other facet of the game. If he doesn't score that much, he needs to be legit elite in probably at least two facets of the game other than scoring. Think Draymond Green (who imo has never truly been an All-Star level player), or back in the day Dennis Rodman.

I don't know, maybe I'm just too harsh in judging greatness. I also think the basketball Hall of Fame is way too easy to get into, maybe I'm also wrong about that.

AFAIK no one here said that he is an All Star level player. He's a great role player nothing more than that. The votes on the All Star game are mostly because of his popularity. I dont know why you keep on stressing yourself about that. lmfao
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
slavavov wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
slavavov wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I believe the difference in our opinions stem from how each of us see the All Star game in the first place. I can try to see it from your perspective. If one were to try to plug AC into any random team we still would get solid, smart defense and intangibles, but his predilection to defer to others rather than shoot and score could be more of a liability if said random team weren't loaded with potent all-star scorers at other positions. And I also agree AC plays with a lot of intensity at 24 min/game, but 35mpg at that same level of intensity could be a lot to ask.

From my perspective, the All-Star game is all flash and no substance. It doesn't require being good at two or more aspects of the game, mostly just one; offense. It's a display of offensive firepower and people get in based on popularity, with some, but not a complete, degree of correlation to their actual value to a team. And a nearly singular focus on offense makes sense, because this is a spectacle, a circus, not a real sporting event. Again, this is just how I see it. I'm way biased in this manner. Therefore, I find it very refreshing to see someone who's primary value is shut-down defense, intensity and smart decision making slip in to this charade of a game.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
slavavov wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
slavavov wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

First being an all-star is not an indicator of greatness and I don't believe anyone would associate them together.

Agree with TMMB comment above. Being an all-star is part performance and popularity. Just check how much votes Klay has received without playing a game this year. How many fading superstars get voted in clearly not based on performance? Yes that includes Kobe.

Meeting your criteria:
Draymond - elite defense and initiating offense. Yes the passing is elite.
Rodman - elite defense and rebounder. Able to guard 1-5. Did a credible job on Shaq.

Now if you said All-NBA then that would be more valid.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1362518459431714818?s=21

New nickname to add to his list: The UPS guy.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

DS will be out vs Nets time to see how AC will perform aa a starter and immediately guarding either Kyrie or Harden. THT will also be tested as a backup PG.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

He always delivers.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

He always delivers.

Not tonight... Probably one of his worst games. He has to do more on offense. He plays too many minutes not to.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:19 am    Post subject:

like an All-Star

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261561/Alex-Caruso-Signs-Shoe-Deal-With-ANTA
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 113 of 132
Jump to: