View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Nets missing KD and Dinwiddie, We are missing AD and Schroeder.
Refs for sure helped the Nets more than us, not debatable.
It really was Harris and TLC in the end that killed us.

dinwilddie won’t play again this season.

The game come down to joe Harris and TCL shot 11/15 from the 3 while our players were bricking one open 3 after another. gasol (2/4), Kuz (2/5) are the only ones shot decent.

Mad - agreed the 3 shooting was huge in this game. I bet if you look at every game over past few years, ANY team (lotto team too) that shoots something like 18-39 from 3, and their opponent goes a paltry 8-30...has won probably 90% of the time. You just cant allow that much successful 3 shooting and be that bad, you are really putting yourself in a hole.

Yeah, it is a make or miss league, if we shot 13/30 from the 3, this would be a much closer game(just an example)
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Agree with Chuck.
In the Playoffs , defense and rebounds is normally the story of the champs.

Not Brooklyn’s strong suit but will see what develops.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

w
Nnamdi21 wrote:
this years team just doesnt have it, not sure if its a chemistry thing or what but havent seen them play well for a while now. Im just glad we got last years ring and didnt come up empty in Lebron's time.

Last season we had passion and an interesting story. Would it work out with AD and LB. Could LB win a ring with yet another team. Could Rondo win with the Celts and Lakers. Could Dwight atone for himself. Will Kuz ever mature. Could we win it for Kobe. Could we even get passed the damned Clippers. Could we finally win for LA after all those years of EPSN , et al, trashing us...

Last year was a beautiful story that ended like a fairytale.

This season, it's just. Not. There.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:53 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Well that was exactly the game I was hoping it would not be. I was hoping even if we lost it would be a competitive and exciting game on national television. Yet it was not. I need a cup of tea.

Right there with ya buddy.

I’ve been adding lemon , honey ,and ginger to my green tea. The gingers the new kicker and it’s been great 👍

That sounds delish

Awesome tea man. For some nice relaxing tea, I recommend the Buddha Tea relaxation blend which has chamomile, lavender, spearmint, etc. Perfect for a loss like this.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

The game come down to joe Harris and TCL shot 11/15 from the 3 while our players were bricking one open 3 after another. gasol (2/4), Kuz (2/5) are the only ones shot decent.

Mad - agreed the 3 shooting was huge in this game. I bet if you look at every game over past few years, ANY team (lotto team too) that shoots something like 18-39 from 3, and their opponent goes a paltry 8-30...has won probably 90% of the time. You just cant allow that much successful 3 shooting and be that bad, you are really putting yourself in a hole.

Yeah, it is a make or miss league, if we shot 13/30 from the 3, this would be a much closer game(just an example)

I agree. 8/30 from three and two of them came at the end from McKinnie and cook.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

If we shot 20-30, we would have won.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Agree with Chuck.

Agree with Chuck on that too. The problem is the Lakers don’t look like the best defense. They can be exposed in a few areas.

Need some personnel help and some of the roster has to play better on that end.

Rebounding and 2nd chance points against has killed the Lakers this season.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
DrDent wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:

If we shot 20-30, we would have won.

Nobody expects us to shoot lights out, but to many players on this team can’t hit open threes that most other teams can.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
w
Nnamdi21 wrote:
this years team just doesnt have it, not sure if its a chemistry thing or what but havent seen them play well for a while now. Im just glad we got last years ring and didnt come up empty in Lebron's time.

Last season we had passion and an interesting story. Would it work out with AD and LB. Could LB win a ring with yet another team. Could Rondo win with the Celts and Lakers. Could Dwight atone for himself. Will Kuz ever mature. Could we win it for Kobe. Could we even get passed the damned Clippers. Could we finally win for LA after all those years of EPSN , et al, trashing us...

I feel you Troy on that, I've had those thoughts creep up as well. But, when I look at the league, it's hard to not notice that outside the Jazz, all teams have been playing really wierd. The whole season has been wierd. 3 shooting has been higher (likely due to empty arenas). Really good teams seem to lose all the time, not putting together any win streak. I mean, I havent checked, but putting the Jazz aside, the Lakers may have had one of the longest win streaks at 7.

I really, really believe if the Lakers could solidify the middle of that paint, they will just be a real PITA to everyone. Gasol isnt enough. The way Vog likes to have his guys play D, eg with drop coverage or deep drop, I think plays better with a solid big. I've watched Gasol go deep drop but he's like a soft landing pillow and guys go right into his belly and score over him with no fear.

If you think about Vog's terrific defenses, its always been anchored by an intimidating center type. Hibbert was able to do that for him, and then Dwight. Gasol...just aint that guy.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
DrDent wrote:
FOLKS!!!!

I MEAN YOU - yes YOU. Fellow bleeding purple and gold person. Like me.

Most of us figured without AD this was a loss. We also had no DS. Also, just assume (to keep your sanity), AD will miss 20 games. I believe the Lakers can win 12-13 of those...that would put them at 35-14, or 34-15. Add a healthy AD back (the guy who showed up v Boston), and this team will make a run. I do NOT disagree Pelinka needs to take a hard look at adding more to help (eg a big perhaps), but do not let this one loss make you think we are done. Do they need to improve? Yes. Has their play been concerning? Yes. Is it over? No...not until this team is knocked out, for good.

Be pissed at *this* game. At *this* effort. I'm with you there 100%. I felt they did not play with the same energy as the Nets. Putting that all aside, it is one game. And be prepared...this team may have a similar result vs the Jazz too.

Hear hear!!!

Now give me Drummond and Beal lololll

If there is ANY way to get Beal, I'd unload everyone outside of LBJ and AD for him. No joke!

I have a thing for this team to get Drummond despite some of my fellow Laker fans telling me that would be bad. I honestly think he would be a tremendous add, having him and AD roam.

I'd love to have Drummond and I think he would shore up huge issues that we have, but matching salaries would pretty much gut our team. That's the only reservation I'd have.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
TDRock wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Well that was exactly the game I was hoping it would not be. I was hoping even if we lost it would be a competitive and exciting game on national television. Yet it was not. I need a cup of tea.

Right there with ya buddy.

I’ve been adding lemon , honey ,and ginger to my green tea. The gingers the new kicker and it’s been great 👍

That sounds delish

Awesome tea man. For some nice relaxing tea, I recommend the Buddha Tea relaxation blend which has chamomile, lavender, spearmint, etc. Perfect for a loss like this.

My Girl got me on that tea! Amazing!

Tea, Late night workout , light snack, with apple cider kombucha. Delete the dvr of this abysmal game. Watch a few episodes of Ozark and get ready for this weekend as we play the Heat on Saturday 💪🏀💪🏀
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
DrDent wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
DrDent wrote:
FOLKS!!!!

I MEAN YOU - yes YOU. Fellow bleeding purple and gold person. Like me.

Most of us figured without AD this was a loss. We also had no DS. Also, just assume (to keep your sanity), AD will miss 20 games. I believe the Lakers can win 12-13 of those...that would put them at 35-14, or 34-15. Add a healthy AD back (the guy who showed up v Boston), and this team will make a run. I do NOT disagree Pelinka needs to take a hard look at adding more to help (eg a big perhaps), but do not let this one loss make you think we are done. Do they need to improve? Yes. Has their play been concerning? Yes. Is it over? No...not until this team is knocked out, for good.

Be pissed at *this* game. At *this* effort. I'm with you there 100%. I felt they did not play with the same energy as the Nets. Putting that all aside, it is one game. And be prepared...this team may have a similar result vs the Jazz too.

Hear hear!!!

Now give me Drummond and Beal lololll

If there is ANY way to get Beal, I'd unload everyone outside of LBJ and AD for him. No joke!

I have a thing for this team to get Drummond despite some of my fellow Laker fans telling me that would be bad. I honestly think he would be a tremendous add, having him and AD roam.

I'd love to have Drummond and I think he would shore up huge issues that we have, but matching salaries would pretty much gut our team. That's the only reservation I'd have.

I'm hoping for a buyout route...but...the Nets are looming over there...
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
This game has really exposed what I've been saying all along. Vogel has done nothing to maximize the strengths of this team, outside of Bron/AD. Everyone is just encouraged to pass to Bron/AD, stand around, and wait to ne spoon fed an open shot. Rinse, repeat. That makes up 99% of our offense. Now, with AD out, we're forced to play more team oriented ball, and we struggle, because guys are asked to do things this team has no familiarity with. It's going to be a struggle. And, it's going to be ugly. They should have been trying to play team ball, from the start of the season...

Also, the Nets got off to a hot start, because of bad defensive breakdowns, as well as bad defensive matchups by Vogel. On to the next...

The bolded has been a problem for us dating back to last season. Our halfcourt offense gets stagnant at times and lacks imagination and movement.

I've said this many times before on this board: Schroder (when he comes back) needs to be in attack mode, not just to look to score but also to set others up, especially in transition and early offense. We're not really using his talents enough.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Watching SHAQ who’s a minority owner defend the Sacramento Kings mediocrity gotta be one of weirdest things.....
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
troy wrote:
w
Nnamdi21 wrote:

I feel you Troy on that, I've had those thoughts creep up as well. But, when I look at the league, it's hard to not notice that outside the Jazz, all teams have been playing really wierd. The whole season has been wierd. 3 shooting has been higher (likely due to empty arenas). Really good teams seem to lose all the time, not putting together any win streak. I mean, I havent checked, but putting the Jazz aside, the Lakers may have had one of the longest win streaks at 7.

I really, really believe if the Lakers could solidify the middle of that paint, they will just be a real PITA to everyone. Gasol isnt enough. The way Vog likes to have his guys play D, eg with drop coverage or deep drop, I think plays better with a solid big. I've watched Gasol go deep drop but he's like a soft landing pillow and guys go right into his belly and score over him with no fear.

If you think about Vog's terrific defenses, its always been anchored by an intimidating center type. Hibbert was able to do that for him, and then Dwight. Gasol...just aint that guy.

Agreed 100%/
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
Agree with Chuck.

Agree with Chuck on that too. The problem is the Lakers don’t look like the best defense. They can be exposed in a few areas.

Need some personnel help and some of the roster has to play better on that end.

Rebounding and 2nd chance points against has killed the Lakers this season.

Definitely and to re-state the obvious a move or two should help us.
Interesting to see what Rob might have in store as the deadline approaches.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
lol mighty joe harris hitting consecutive 3s was insane. we never stood a chance with that kind of night from their shooters.

Harris and Cabarrot going for 11-15 from 3s... While our whole team goes for 8-30.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

With this ass kicking plenty of teachable moments.

It’s a marathon not a sprint. 40+ games remaining.
The Lakers know they can be much better than how they played tonight.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:25 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
With this ass kicking plenty of teachable moments.

It’s a marathon not a sprint. 40+ games remaining.
The Lakers know they can be much better than how they played tonight.

This reminds me of the earlier games we played against top teams last year... We didn't look good in the early part. Then started getting it together after the all star break.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
DrDent wrote:
troy wrote:
w
Nnamdi21 wrote:

Agreed 100%/

Neither gasol nor any big we get will be playing much (if any at all) against the nets. We can expect lakers to go with the lineup against the rockets when we play the nets unless they start DJ. AD will be the paint patrol which literally destroyed the rockets. Obviously if we shoot like this, we won’t even make to the finals
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:27 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
3peat_pete wrote:
lol mighty joe harris hitting consecutive 3s was insane. we never stood a chance with that kind of night from their shooters.

Harris and Cabarrot going for 11-15 from 3s... While our whole team goes for 8-30.

If you add shamet, they are 13/18 combined. Let’s just say we are fortunate they only scored 109
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1362641499490451458?s=21
By the way, Vogel just said AD is out 4 weeks( estimate)
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject:

One of Sir Charles’ nicknames was The Incredible BULK 😂🤣😂🤣😂
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:53 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Good news. We’re all prepared for him to sit out the rest of the RS if needed.

We got some wiggle room to play with. We would have to play some insanely terrible basketball to get bounced out of the playoffs at a 9th seed LOL
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Good news. We’re all prepared for him to sit out the rest of the RS if needed.

We got some wiggle room to play with. We would have to play some insanely terrible basketball to get bounced out of the playoffs at a 9th seed LOL

The 9th seed can still make the playoffs
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36
Jump to: