KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1362641499490451458?s=21
By the way, Vogel just said AD is out 4 weeks( estimate)

Good news. We’re all prepared for him to sit out the rest of the RS if needed.

We got some wiggle room to play with. We would have to play some insanely terrible basketball to get bounced out of the playoffs at a 9th seed LOL

The 9th seed can still make the playoffs

That’s right, forgot about the play in games added for this season.

TBH if it got to that point Lebron and AD would of packed it up already for the season and we’d be on to the next one.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1362641499490451458?s=21
By the way, Vogel just said AD is out 4 weeks( estimate)

Good news. We’re all prepared for him to sit out the rest of the RS if needed.

We got some wiggle room to play with. We would have to play some insanely terrible basketball to get bounced out of the playoffs at a 9th seed LOL

The 9th seed can still make the playoffs

That’s right, forgot about the play in games added for this season.

TBH if it got to that point Lebron and AD would of packed it up already for the season and we’d be on to the next one.

I don’t think lebron would pack up anything this late in his career
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject:

Anyone got any Lakers Haters family/friends/work or school associates who are gonna talk that trash tomorrow to look forward to?

Last season they went heavy with the Clippers and Bucks.
This year it’s obviously the Nets with a sprinkle of Clippers,Sixers,and Jazz lol.

If we can get fully healthy and destroy this Brooklyn team down the line it will be a whole new level of LOL’s coming
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:16 pm    Post subject:

I feel like this was a really piss poor effort all around.

Vogel was out coached which is really inexcusable. Notice for ex how Nash brought DJ off the bench to neutralize Harrell since he knew Jeff Green would get worked. He was matching their mins and Vogel never adjusted. Also odd to not replace Schroeder with another ball handler in Caruso or THT in the starting lineup.

We were getting out hustled all night and with them collapsing the paint daring us to shoot it was the expected brick fest. Guys like KCP need to wake the F up - BKN was shaky early but we kept missing so many open looks it let them get comfortable fast.

Just clearly a game they wanted to send a message and the only guy who understood that was Lebron - he came to play but you can see his legs tiring with the missed threes and free throws from all this carrying.

Just a rough loss
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I feel like this was a really piss poor effort all around.

Vogel was out coached which is really inexcusable. Notice for ex how Nash brought DJ off the bench to neutralize Harrell since he knew Jeff Green would get worked. He was matching their mins and Vogel never adjusted. Also odd to not replace Schroeder with another ball handler in Caruso or THT in the starting lineup.

We were getting out hustled all night and with them collapsing the paint daring us to shoot it was the expected brick fest. Guys like KCP need to wake the F up - BKN was shaky early but we kept missing so many open looks it let them get comfortable fast.

Just clearly a game they wanted to send a message and the only guy who understood that was Lebron - he came to play but you can see his legs tiring with the missed threes and free throws from all this carrying.

Just a rough loss

Not much Vogel can do about the squad shooting 8/30 from downtown and only racking in 14 free attempts compared to BK’s 24.

Great point about neutralizing Trezz with DJ off the bench.
Trezz knows he could play much better against him and Im confident DJ won’t win this matchup all the time.

Not saying it’s not a cause for concern but these type of letdown games happen. Especially teams coming off a chip.

Put the Gun Down Craig! Back in my day all I needed was a stick.
I trust Lebron will not let these guys fall into some mental breakdown. You take the loss get back into the lab and live to fight another day.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
troy wrote:
DrDent wrote:
troy wrote:
w
Nnamdi21 wrote:
this years team just doesnt have it, not sure if its a chemistry thing or what but havent seen them play well for a while now. Im just glad we got last years ring and didnt come up empty in Lebron's time.

Last season we had passion and an interesting story. Would it work out with AD and LB. Could LB win a ring with yet another team. Could Rondo win with the Celts and Lakers. Could Dwight atone for himself. Will Kuz ever mature. Could we win it for Kobe. Could we even get passed the damned Clippers. Could we finally win for LA after all those years of EPSN , et al, trashing us...

Last year was a beautiful story that ended like a fairytale.

This season, it's just. Not. There.

I feel you Troy on that, I've had those thoughts creep up as well. But, when I look at the league, it's hard to not notice that outside the Jazz, all teams have been playing really wierd. The whole season has been wierd. 3 shooting has been higher (likely due to empty arenas). Really good teams seem to lose all the time, not putting together any win streak. I mean, I havent checked, but putting the Jazz aside, the Lakers may have had one of the longest win streaks at 7.

I really, really believe if the Lakers could solidify the middle of that paint, they will just be a real PITA to everyone. Gasol isnt enough. The way Vog likes to have his guys play D, eg with drop coverage or deep drop, I think plays better with a solid big. I've watched Gasol go deep drop but he's like a soft landing pillow and guys go right into his belly and score over him with no fear.

If you think about Vog's terrific defenses, its always been anchored by an intimidating center type. Hibbert was able to do that for him, and then Dwight. Gasol...just aint that guy.

Agreed 100%/

Neither gasol nor any big we get will be playing much (if any at all) against the nets. We can expect lakers to go with the lineup against the rockets when we play the nets unless they start DJ. AD will be the paint patrol which literally destroyed the rockets. Obviously if we shoot like this, we won’t even make to the finals

I think too many of us are dismissing the value of a better big because of what happened in the playoffs last year. I've been guilty of this as well.

Yes, the team went smaller. But for some reason the narrative also comes across as if their bigs had no value. Not true.

The Lakers utilized their same McGee/Dwight scheme vs Portland.

Vs. the Rockets, they changed. Those two, after game 1, were relegated to mere minutes or no minutes as Kieff started with AD.

Vs. the Nuggets, the Lakers utilized their bigs again, primarily Dwight.

Vs. the Heat, Javale I do not believe played, or if he did it was miniscule. Dwight did (I had to check, it was about 15 minutes a game). In general, the bigs time on the floor started to decrease in that series as the Lakers utilized their "Rockets series" small ball lineup.

In sum, for 2 of the series they did have a strong intimidating presence in the middle with Dwight (and sometimes Javale). That did become less of a factor in the finals.

But to suggest having such bigs has little to no value I think is incorrect - heck, the team mostly rolled through most of the regular season with an intimidating center, and won 2 playoff series with that as well. Gasol is not that guy.

As for the Nets - I'll have to slightly disagree. The Nets lead began to really expand in the 2nd quarter when Jordan came in vs Trez (he ate Trez up tonight). It went all down hill after that. I will give Gasol kudos for those 3s he hit but man, he really is like stay-puft marshmallow man in the middle as guys go RIGHT at him with zero fear.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:56 am    Post subject:

The way this team's been going all year. I could see us making the playoffs very easily and winning the first round. Then we're gonna lose in the 2nd or 3rd round because we've been winning all the easy games and just as consistently we've been losing most of the tougher games.

Unless some changes were made soon and we were able to gel quickly, I don't see us winning it all this year. It's just been so painfully obvious we could not compete against top tier teams.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:35 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
The way this team's been going all year. I could see us making the playoffs very easily and winning the first round. Then we're gonna lose in the 2nd or 3rd round because we've been winning all the easy games and just as consistently we've been losing most of the tougher games.

Unless some changes were made soon and we were able to gel quickly, I don't see us winning it all this year. It's just been so painfully obvious we could not compete against top tier teams.

Sound like I heard this before early last season... When we’re losing to most the contenders.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:52 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Sound like I heard this before early last season... When we’re losing to most the contenders.

Last season, we got the extra 3-month rest prior to the playoffs which favored us more since we had a lot of vets on the team. Also, Rondo played like an all-star during the playoffs. This season, we will have none of that.

The Nets are the least of my worries right now. If we ended up with the 4th or 5th seed, we would have a tough first round opponent, then might have to face the Clippers and the Jazz. Needless to say, the odds will be against us this year.

I'm still hoping for that "playoff Rondo" to emerge during the playoff to give us an edge. Lebron's been playing at a high level all year long so I don't think he could contribute anymore than he already has. The rest of the team has to step up and start playing better.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

No matter what the Lakers do chances are they will face the Clippers or Jazz in the 2nd round. They aren’t going to be able to get the 1 seed with AD out for 4 weeks and coming off a short break.

The bigger is issue is they look like they will win round 1 in a 6 or 7 game struggle, but will lose in round 2. Things can change, but right now that’s the trajectory of this season’s Lakers.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:00 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:

Miami Heat vs Los Angeles Lakers
    Saturday, Feb. 20 2021 • 5:30 PM PT | Staples Center • Los Angeles, CA.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Anyone got any Lakers Haters family/friends/work or school associates who are gonna talk that trash tomorrow to look forward to?

Last season they went heavy with the Clippers and Bucks.
This year it’s obviously the Nets with a sprinkle of Clippers,Sixers,and Jazz lol.

If we can get fully healthy and destroy this Brooklyn team down the line it will be a whole new level of LOL’s coming

I live in the Bay. Warrior fans are ridiculously annoying lol. Always comparison Bron and Steph. They tweet stupid bs like this LOL

https://twitter.com/urkle9/status/1362797341271449602?s=21
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

I am not sold on the Nets like a lot of people are, I got them being bounced before the finals. Just play a little above .500 basketball until AD comes back and I am good.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Wow: Last night’s Nets @ Lakers game averaged 1.9 million viewers, ranking as the most-watched game on cable, outside of MLK Day, Christmas and Opening Night.

The viewer count drove TNT to rank as the most viewed cable network in primetime across all key demographics.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
this years team just doesnt have it, not sure if its a chemistry thing or what but havent seen them play well for a while now. Im just glad we got last years ring and didnt come up empty in Lebron's time.
we’ve had one of the best defensive teams all year. Was 1 in the west. Most knew with a new and improved team it was going to be rough going occasionally considering some guys just won a ring a few months ago.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Wow: Last night’s Nets @ Lakers game averaged 1.9 million viewers, ranking as the most-watched game on cable, outside of MLK Day, Christmas and Opening Night.

The viewer count drove TNT to rank as the most viewed cable network in primetime across all key demographics.

Wow, can’t believe NBA games have so few viewers. Each of the three major nightly news broadcasts (NBC, ABC, CBS) has over 9 million viewers. And even some nightly cable news shows on MSNBC, Fox, or CNN have more than 1.9 million. Is the NBA not really a “major” sports league like the NFL anymore?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

Wow, can’t believe NBA games have so few viewers. Each of the three major nightly news broadcasts (NBC, ABC, CBS) has over 9 million viewers. And even some nightly cable news shows on MSNBC, Fox, or CNN have more than 1.9 million. Is the NBA not really a “major” sports league like the NFL anymore?

I think people don't really use TV for watching sports anymore
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

I think people don't really use TV for watching sports anymore

Yep it’s a different operating model now. Most viewers are streaming and then the millions watching the game/individual player highlights after.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
No matter what the Lakers do chances are they will face the Clippers or Jazz in the 2nd round. They aren’t going to be able to get the 1 seed with AD out for 4 weeks and coming off a short break.

The bigger is issue is they look like they will win round 1 in a 6 or 7 game struggle, but will lose in round 2. Things can change, but right now that’s the trajectory of this season’s Lakers.

I really don’t understand how you can extrapolate that from a team pre all star break. I mean just last year we had a terrible start in the bubble. If I’m not mistaken - we lost the majority of our RS bubble games and this is literally the week before playoffs start. Numerous Analysts picked the Blazers to beat us.

I’m content with the issues we’re facing as we do have new pieces and we need to work through how to win. Most of the teams that have winning records who have beaten us have for the most part played together for several seasons and had longer off seasons.

You’re not going against the same Lebron or AD now as you are in the playoffs. That said would still like to see us add to the roster. At this point, I’d also see what I could fetch for KCP.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36
Jump to: