ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 297, 298, 299 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:51 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:
Well looks like Utah is going to keep being the best team in the league for a while

There are big threads about the Clippers and Nets and none about Utah.

No superstar, no sexy narrative.

mitchell is ridiculous.
top 4 coach
and great mountain biking.

Mitchell wouldn't qualify as an all star going by BPM.

tatum
mitchell
Ja
BI
im sure im missing a guy or 2 but these IMO are a step below super super star.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

What's the situation with PG13? Is he still out with a foot injury?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Clippers have everyone back tonight. Let’s see how it goes vs. Jazz.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Clippers have everyone back tonight. Let’s see how it goes vs. Jazz.

Too bad it starts at 9:15. The league really has to do something about all these late games.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

The Jazz is fools gold.

Lock down their shooters the only one who can really create and get their own shot off easily are Mitchell and Clarkson.

Clippers with a well balanced attack. Kawhi, Lou, Marcus, and PG going light on his return from injury
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

PG just returned and they broke the Jazz's win streak. Impressive win for the Clips.

Now that they've helped us add to Utah's loss column, please go back to losing.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

After watching the game between the Clippers and the Jazz, I'm convinced that both of these teams can beat the hell out of the Lakers. I'm sorry, but it's true.
And we already know the Nets can beat the Lakers as well. I don't know exactly what happened. I think losing Dwight Howard and Rondo meant we lost a certain veteran tenacity, intelligence, athleticism, enthusiasm, and sheer will. I think Rob made serious mistakes, and he made some decisions that turned out to be gambles that will not pay off. AD failed to play up to his level of proficiency. Maybe some of it was Vogel, too. I think my Lakers failed to come out with passion and hunger and focus. Maybe, other teams just want it more this season, I don't know.

It's still early, and I will enjoy the remainder of the season and I will enjoy the post season. And I will continue to hope for the best. Bottom line, we won it last year and Clips didn't. And we won it for Kobe. For, that I am happy.

But it's painfully clear that there are only 4 teams that have a chance to win it all this season. In order, I would say 1) The Nets, 2) The Clippers, 3) Utah, 4) The 76ers.

The Los Angeles Lakers will NOT repeat as World Champions this year. We just aren't good enough.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
The Jazz is fools gold.

Lock down their shooters the only one who can really create and get their own shot off easily are Mitchell and Clarkson.

Clippers with a well balanced attack. Kawhi, Lou, Marcus, and PG going light on his return from injury

The jazz are legit IMO. Excellent coach. Elite rim protector. Legit star. Strong role players.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
The Jazz is fools gold.

The jazz are legit IMO. Excellent coach. Elite rim protector. Legit star. Strong role players.

legit to make the playoffs... that’s it
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
The Jazz is fools gold.

legit to make the playoffs... that’s it

Yeah, exactly how I feel. There's a feelgood team or two every single year like them where everyone keeps saying they should be respected and will be legit yet when those Playoffs roll around they're never quite enough.. Year after year.. after year.

I will say anyone that faces them obviously has to take them seriously in the Playoffs but what's new about that?

All they did was take the crown from the Nuggets of being the best of the second tier Western Conference teams imo
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
After watching the game between the Clippers and the Jazz, I'm convinced that both of these teams can beat the hell out of the Lakers. I'm sorry, but it's true.
And we already know the Nets can beat the Lakers as well. I don't know exactly what happened. I think losing Dwight Howard and Rondo meant we lost a certain veteran tenacity, intelligence, athleticism, enthusiasm, and sheer will. I think Rob made serious mistakes, and he made some decisions that turned out to be gambles that will not pay off. AD failed to play up to his level of proficiency. Maybe some of it was Vogel, too. I think my Lakers failed to come out with passion and hunger and focus. Maybe, other teams just want it more this season, I don't know.

It's still early, and I will enjoy the remainder of the season and I will enjoy the post season. And I will continue to hope for the best. Bottom line, we won it last year and Clips didn't. And we won it for Kobe. For, that I am happy.

But it's painfully clear that there are only 4 teams that have a chance to win it all this season. In order, I would say 1) The Nets, 2) The Clippers, 3) Utah, 4) The 76ers.

The Los Angeles Lakers will NOT repeat as World Champions this year. We just aren't good enough.

30 games into the season and that’s that huh?
🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂😂

Final product,
No chance for improvement🤔🤔🤔
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
troy wrote:

30 games into the season and that’s that huh?
🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️😂😂😂

Final product,
No chance for improvement🤔🤔🤔

@ the Utah Jazz being one of 4 teams to win it all. I'd happily take any bet against that.

That's a sad post to see a Lakers fan truly believe that this early.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:42 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Not buying the Jazz hype. They, the Blazers and the Nuggets do this song and dance every year. They are just middle of the pack, nothing more. The Suns have skipped in line with CP3. It's a Lakers, Clippers and Suns race.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:21 am    Post subject:

as far as the sky is falling and the clipper, jazz, nets, etc. will wax the Lakers in the playoffs... i haven't even watched that many full games this season, but it just seems like the Lakers haven't even "hit the gas" yet. they seem like they are still coasting.

and AD needs to get physically right. i think they will ramp it up later in the season and switch to "win or die mode".

i will say this, it's not like dwight even did all that much in actuality, BUT he is big and based on his career, he's fricken SCARY to opposing players. they did think twice before driving the lane against him. his reputation precedes himself, so to speak. old Dwight is long gone, but players are still scared of him. fear is useful, quite honestly.

no that he's gone, we lost that. maybe we can get shaq to just camp out in the opposing lane. might work the same way, psychologically speaking. LOL!
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
as far as the sky is falling and the clipper, jazz, nets, etc. will wax the Lakers in the playoffs... i haven't even watched that many full games this season, but it just seems like the Lakers haven't even "hit the gas" yet. they seem like they are still coasting.

and AD needs to get physically right. i think they will ramp it up later in the season and switch to "win or die mode".

i will say this, it's not like dwight even did all that much in actuality, BUT he is big and based on his career, he's fricken SCARY to opposing players. they did think twice before driving the lane against him. his reputation precedes himself, so to speak. old Dwight is long gone, but players are still scared of him. fear is useful, quite honestly.

no that he's gone, we lost that. maybe we can get shaq to just camp out in the opposing lane. might work the same way, psychologically speaking. LOL!

For the clippers - they did get better than last year but I attribute that to Ibaka being a better fit and another year of continuity as a roster. The same thing with the Jazz as far as continuity.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

Same amount of lane attempts happen vs Gasol that happened against Dwight and McGee when they were here.

Dwight and McGee did nothing to actually deter people from driving to the lane. "Intimidation" wasn't an actual thing that happened as they drove to the lane just as much as they did do now.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

This guy really said Lakers have no chance of winning it. Do people friggin understand that everyone on the Lakers team knows this is a marathon? Its usually a marathon on A NORMAL season let alone one with a 6 week turnaround. The fact that this guy is calling it quits while the team isnt even pushing on all cylanders is hilarious. I can assume he said we're done last season before LeBron and Lakers switched the ON gear everytime we needed it.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:33 am    Post subject:

Clippers are trying harder. We are cruzing and have a gimpy superstar.
Gasol is a way better passer and scorer than Dwight. Defensively he's not as violent but he can be effective. I think he'll be more dominant in the playoffs.
McGees length is the only thing missing from last years bigs which is greatly exacerbated with AD riding the pine and/or gimpy.
Schroeder is a younger version of Rondo and is a better shooter. I feel he's an upgrade physically , , just not as experienced or grizzled.
When it comes to the playoffs the Lakers will do their thing barring injury. The Clippers will be a threat but I really think KL and PG are both mentally weak. No eye of the tiger. Skilled yes but they choke and burn out. The win over the red hot Jazz looks impressive right now, especially after we were out matched by Brooklyn the other night. But there is a very long way to go.
We need Anthony Davis at full strength or it will be tough sledding getting over.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject:

The Clippers have less wins than the Lakers and are on a magnanimous... 1 game winning streak.

The Lakers lost to the Nets without having AD and Schroeder and people are panicking?

The Lakers meanwhile only have 8 losses (this is with AD not playing in 7 games this season).

The Lakers in the 7 games AD has missed have gone 5-2 and that 2nd loss came in a game vs the Nets where we were also missing Schroeder.

The panic is coming a bit too quickly.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Clippers have less wins than the Lakers and are on a magnanimous... 1 game winning streak.

The Lakers lost to the Nets without having AD and Schroeder and people are panicking?

The Lakers meanwhile only have 8 losses (this is with AD not playing in 7 games this season).

The Lakers in the 7 games AD has missed have gone 5-2 and that 2nd loss came in a game vs the Nets where we were also missing Schroeder.

I actually don't like that 5-2 record without AD. LOL! Kinda tells me not much will change with him. Gasol and Kobe built on 2008, then peaked in 2009, then was good enough in 2010, then it was over in 2011. I'm not saying I'm panicking, but this version of AD that we got so far this year, makes it feel like 2011. He looks tired and content. If we can get the AD that we thought we traded for, the guy who was taking his next steps for MVP, for challenging Duncan as the best PF ever... if that guy shows up, we can win it all. Not the AD we've seen this year.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:20 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

For the clippers - they did get better than last year but I attribute that to Ibaka being a better fit and another year of continuity as a roster. The same thing with the Jazz as far as continuity.

Got to credit them for keeping it professional too, just putting their heads down and work. Not much whining from them if at all, besides a little ref complaining from Wayoff P. And Kawhi ditching load management too.

They are taking on the Nets tmr, but this time KD is out.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
MJST wrote:

I actually don't like that 5-2 record without AD. LOL! Kinda tells me not much will change with him. Gasol and Kobe built on 2008, then peaked in 2009, then was good enough in 2010, then it was over in 2011. I'm not saying I'm panicking, but this version of AD that we got so far this year, makes it feel like 2011. He looks tired and content. If we can get the AD that we thought we traded for, the guy who was taking his next steps for MVP, for challenging Duncan as the best PF ever... if that guy shows up, we can win it all. Not the AD we've seen this year.

The stuff you're worried about with AD this year was the same stuff everyone was saying last year during the regular season.

Then in the Playoffs he stepped it up and put up 28/9/3 1.2 steals 1.4 blocks on 57% Field Goal and 38% from Three.

As long as Davis enters the Playoffs healthy and brings that aggression he did last Playoff run then we should be fine.

Main priority is that LeBron and Davis are healthy going into the Playoffs, as well as having Schroeder able to play. Those things have to be in tact but none more so than AD and LBJ being healthy and ready to kick it into gear in the Playoffs like they did last year.

That's why it's a marathon and not a sprint in this scenario. That's the reason we got Schroeder and Montrezl in the first place.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Impressive win for the Clippers. I'm pretty envious of the other contenders at the moment, given how they've flexed their strengths in big games. That Nets vs Clippers game told me everything I assumed about the Nets. I just don't have much feel for our potential, but we said the same thing last year. Pretty much lost every game we really wanted to win up until Feb, early March.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers didn't have Paul George for 10 Games this season.

They went 5-5.

The Lakers didn't have Anthony Davis for 7 Games this season.

They went 5-2. (with 1 of those losses also being without Schroeder whom had averaged 16/3/4 on 52% Field Goal and 37% from three the 8 games prior)

But yet the 'Lakers' are the team that somehow didn't construct their team to be deep enough???
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Clippers didn't have Paul George for 10 Games this season.

They went 5-5.

The Lakers didn't have Anthony Davis for 7 Games this season.

They went 5-2. (with 1 of those losses also being without Schroeder whom had averaged 16/3/4 on 52% Field Goal and 37% from three the 8 games prior)

But yet the 'Lakers' are the team that somehow didn't construct their team to be deep enough???

They also won without Paul and Leonard. I hate the clips as much as next guy but this team is different than last year and about to be scary s
Good
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 297, 298, 299 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 298 of 439
Jump to: