Lakers vs the League - The Stats
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
32 wrote:
The Lakers lead the league in:

🔒 Defensive rating (104.4)
🔒 Points allowed (103.6)
🔒 3-pointers allowed (10.7)
🔒 Free throw attempts allowed (17.5)

https://twitter.com/JoeyARamirez/status/1357790694597775361?s=19

Those free throw attempts allowed will probably go a bit under the radar but that's something that has really stood out to me. The coaching staff has done an incredible job getting everyone to play sound defense and not foul (tons of credit to the players as well obviously for actually executing it). I see so many guys getting in there opponents head and pestering them but not picking up stupid fouls even when heavily baited.

Kind of like Gasol, I see many saying that Jokic simply missed a lot of shots he normally makes and while that's true Gasol also played fantastic positional defense and outside of the first couple baskets he made everything difficult and just a bit harder then usual. When a guy can't get comfortable he has a much bigger chance of missing those other shots he normally makes, it becomes a mental battle at that point.

It wasn't just Gasol obviously, Trezz did a fantastic job on him as well and even our guards at times. When guys like Battier guarded Kobe he was still taking shots he'd normally make but they were contested a bit better which caused a better chance at a miss. Kobe still made some obviously but it was not nearly as easy as it was against most other people guarding him on those same shots. That's all you can ask for when playing against the elite players of the League.

Also, Jokic had just dropped nearly 50 on Gobert in the previous game before playing us and just killing it this entire season. AD hasn't even come close to how he was playing in the Bubble and the Playoffs last year yet, this team is going to be scary asf defensively and can easily matchup to anyone in the League.

Nets vs Lakers = when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object lol
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject:

It looks like Coach Vogel is a front court coach:) Back to the days with Pacers, he made Hibbert an allstar, utilized veteran West well and discovered PG. He used the backcourt as defenders more than scoring.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

The offense is just not performing to the talent level on the team.

Combination of collective shooting slump and some of the players really under performing.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers are -62 in the 1st quarter at home this season.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

I think like many fans (views are down) players are losing interest in the game until things actually matter. These players used to get pumped by seeing people in the stands, now they are forced to play as a regular practice.

Against the nets I wish we had rested Bron.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Since 1/21

30th in 3 pt% - 29.9%
29th in turnovers

Yuck
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Since 1/21

30th in 3 pt% - 29.9%
29th in turnovers

Yuck

Think how big of a swing it is if you just cut down a handful of turnovers and make a couple more threes.

Turnovers are definitely frustrating and LBJ’s logo threes are pretty much a turnover that lowers the three point percentage.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Since 1/21

30th in 3 pt% - 29.9%
29th in turnovers

Yuck

Think how big of a swing it is if you just cut down a handful of turnovers and make a couple more threes.

Turnovers are definitely frustrating and LBJ’s logo threes are pretty much a turnover that lowers the three point percentage.

Well sure, I don't know the ppp of a logo three, but I'm sure it's not great. However, if Lebron wants to throw one up once every other game, that's hardly where I'd focus my criticism.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Since 1/21

30th in 3 pt% - 29.9%
29th in turnovers

Yuck

Well sure, I don't know the ppp of a logo three, but I'm sure it's not great. However, if Lebron wants to throw one up once every other game, that's hardly where I'd focus my criticism.

Sometimes it’s the timing of those logo threes that irritate me more than the shot.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Since 1/21

30th in 3 pt% - 29.9%
29th in turnovers

Yuck

Sometimes it’s the timing of those logo threes that irritate me more than the shot.

Yeah understood. Unfortunately the late game threes are just part of Lebron's old man game. With the way he's struggling from deep over the last 7 games, there's no way a 28 year old Lebron would be jacking up 8 per game. He picks his spots and it keeps him fresh/healthy. It is what it is.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21
Page 21 of 21
Jump to: