ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 298, 299, 300 ... 437, 438, 439  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
troy wrote:
After watching the game between the Clippers and the Jazz, I'm convinced that both of these teams can beat the hell out of the Lakers. I'm sorry, but it's true.
And we already know the Nets can beat the Lakers as well. I don't know exactly what happened. I think losing Dwight Howard and Rondo meant we lost a certain veteran tenacity, intelligence, athleticism, enthusiasm, and sheer will. I think Rob made serious mistakes, and he made some decisions that turned out to be gambles that will not pay off. AD failed to play up to his level of proficiency. Maybe some of it was Vogel, too. I think my Lakers failed to come out with passion and hunger and focus. Maybe, other teams just want it more this season, I don't know.

It's still early, and I will enjoy the remainder of the season and I will enjoy the post season. And I will continue to hope for the best. Bottom line, we won it last year and Clips didn't. And we won it for Kobe. For, that I am happy.

But it's painfully clear that there are only 4 teams that have a chance to win it all this season. In order, I would say 1) The Nets, 2) The Clippers, 3) Utah, 4) The 76ers.

The Los Angeles Lakers will NOT repeat as World Champions this year. We just aren't good enough.

Not buying the Jazz hype. They, the Blazers and the Nuggets do this song and dance every year. They are just middle of the pack, nothing more. The Suns have skipped in line with CP3. It's a Lakers, Clippers and Suns race.

Seemed like when LeBron was in the East, there was always a pretender that looked threatening in the regular season and fell apart in the playoffs. We saw it over and over again from teams like the Bulls, Pacers, Sixers, Hawks and Raptors (before Kawhi).
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Seemed like when LeBron was in the East, there was always a pretender that looked threatening in the regular season and fell apart in the playoffs. We saw it over and over again from teams like the Bulls, Pacers, Sixers, Hawks and Raptors (before Kawhi).

If we're healthy and clicking in the playoffs, we should beat anyone, including the Nets. But health is always the risk when you have a team based around two players. If Davis' injury lingers, or if Lebron breaks down trying to cover for Davis' absence, then we become vulnerable. That's the most likely scenario for the Jazz to get through. Sometimes the playoffs just seem to open up for some team, like last year's Heat. The Jazz are good enough to have a puncher's chance against the Clippers, Nuggets, or Suns.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Clippers Nets rematch tomorrow, but without KD
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

I got Clippers +7
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:23 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

I got Clippers +7

Clippers are going to wreck them. Only natural after all the nets role players got up for the Lakers. They will miss half those 3s...TLC will go 1/7 lol.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

We'd get clowned by the Clippers without either AD or Lebron. I'm very curious how the Nets fare without KD.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Tough for me to root for the Nets but need Clippers to lose tonight for standings.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Tough for me to root for the Nets but need Clippers to lose tonight for standings.

I kinda don’t want the standings to be lakers and clippers at the 2 and 3 spots. Not sure I want to see them in the second round...if we get there.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Right now joe Harris and TLC have zero three pointers combined in the early third.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

As i posted Harris hits one.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Right now joe Harris and TLC have zero three pointers combined in the early third.

Other players are stepping up... Harden having a big efficient game against suppose to be one of the best perimeter defending group in the league.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Jordan giving Brooklyn some solid rim protection and easy lob dunks on offense. It's weird seeing the Nets play good defense.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Jordan giving Brooklyn some solid rim protection and easy lob dunks on offense. It's weird seeing the Nets play good defense.

With only 3 turnovers so far against that Clippers team. Bruce Brown had like 5-6 easy layups.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

If those two are in the finals, I pull for the Nets easily.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I'd rather anyone win than Kyrie and KD.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Serious? Are you a Lakers fan in LA or elsewhere? Clipper fans would be unbearable if they got a chip. I rather the Nets get it if it comes down to that.

Last edited by Runway8 on Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
After watching the game between the Clippers and the Jazz, I'm convinced that both of these teams can beat the hell out of the Lakers. I'm sorry, but it's true.
And we already know the Nets can beat the Lakers as well. I don't know exactly what happened. I think losing Dwight Howard and Rondo meant we lost a certain veteran tenacity, intelligence, athleticism, enthusiasm, and sheer will. I think Rob made serious mistakes, and he made some decisions that turned out to be gambles that will not pay off. AD failed to play up to his level of proficiency. Maybe some of it was Vogel, too. I think my Lakers failed to come out with passion and hunger and focus. Maybe, other teams just want it more this season, I don't know.

It's still early, and I will enjoy the remainder of the season and I will enjoy the post season. And I will continue to hope for the best. Bottom line, we won it last year and Clips didn't. And we won it for Kobe. For, that I am happy.

But it's painfully clear that there are only 4 teams that have a chance to win it all this season. In order, I would say 1) The Nets, 2) The Clippers, 3) Utah, 4) The 76ers.

The Los Angeles Lakers will NOT repeat as World Champions this year. We just aren't good enough.

I didn’t know we are playing in the playoffs now, but since you know they won’t win it all, no pressure on them then.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:39 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

this and id hope for a sweep with all games being blowouts
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:37 am    Post subject:

How can someone ever root for the obnoxious and unprofessional clippers? Who would root for this?

https://twitter.com/talkinnets/status/1363709736982634498?s=21

https://twitter.com/sinow/status/1363699016706514945?s=21

And I despise Harden’s foul baiting game, but I can’t root for the clippers and what they represent.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:14 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Serious? Are you a Lakers fan in LA or elsewhere? Clipper fans would be unbearable if they got a chip. I rather the Nets get it if it comes down to that.

Exactly, the Clippers have never won anything and their fans don't know how to handle success.
I have longed for both San Diego teams to get out of our yard.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:22 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

My fandom is more player centric than organization/fan centric, and I'm a new Lakers fan from Texas.
I respect the rivalries between the Lakers and Celtics/Clippers, but (bleep) KD.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

Only way I'd ever want the Clippers to win a series is if they're playing against the Celtics.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Only way I'd ever want the Clippers to win a series is if they're playing against the Celtics.

I'd rather see the Celtics win the next 10 championships than the Dippers winning one. (bleep) PG and the Clippers.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I'd rather see the Celtics win the next 10 championships than the Dippers winning one. (bleep) PG and the Clippers.

No way. Celts have 17, Clips have 0, we have 17. I'll barf if either gets one, BUT there's 0 room against the Celts, there's plenty against the Clips.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I literally don’t know what I would do in that instance. Because of course the rivalry with the Celtics is important. But I disdain the clippers. Disdain. I mean... 🤯 I just hope we never even have to contemplate such a vile scenario.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 298, 299, 300 ... 437, 438, 439  Next
Page 299 of 439
Jump to: