Quasi-Official BOOGIE COUSINS Thread (Charges Dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Yeah Kieff may ask for a buy out if Boogie arrives, no way he's cool giving up his spot in the rotation to the very same guy he skirmished with. Which is why Dedmon is and always should be our first option.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
Only on LG will you find someone saying that Demarcus Cousins is a "lesser version" than Marc Gasol. Still laughing over that one.

He is a floor spacing big man who passes who can’t move. He is more scoring minded than Marc. What’s your response?

Cousins can shoot the 3 better, shoot the mid range better, rebound better, and play defense better. His stats also support this. So in no way, shape or form is Cousins a "lesser' version of Gasol. That's has got to be one of the most ignorant statements I've read in years.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
Only on LG will you find someone saying that Demarcus Cousins is a "lesser version" than Marc Gasol. Still laughing over that one.

He is a floor spacing big man who passes who can’t move. He is more scoring minded than Marc. What’s your response?

Cousins can shoot the 3 better, shoot the mid range better, rebound better, and play defense better. His stats also support this. So in no way, shape or form is Cousins a "lesser' version of Gasol. That's has got to be one of the most ignorant statements I've read in years.

You are stuck on a Boogie pre injury. Both are older/injured versions of themselves. That you believe Boogie is multiples better than Marc shows that. Both are at best, at the bottom of the NBA as centers.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:

You are stuck on a Boogie pre injury. Both are older/injured versions of themselves. That you believe Boogie is multiples better than Marc shows that. Both are at best, at the bottom of the NBA as centers.

So you can honestly say that Gasol is better than Cousins?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:

So you can honestly say that Gasol is better than Cousins?

Right now either about same or slightly better. Regardless it’s like saying one Is the 42nd v 44th best center.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:

We won't know for sure until we see what the trajectory of Cousins' recovery will be but I don't think it's that preposterous to say that Gasol is the better player right now and that he may continue to be this season.

Gasol from a career and current standpoint shoots better from 3. He won DPOY more on his IQ than any athletic ability and the former isn't going away any time soon. Cousins has always been a piss poor defender even during his pre-injury athletic prime,

You might want to look up simple stats before calling someone ignorant. And you might not want to tout Cousins' defense to support your argument.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

He's at 47% right now finishing at the rim. Even rookie Lonzo was better than that. 33% 3pt shooting isn't something to be excited about. And when has injury prone Cousins ever been considered as insurance?
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject:

There’s doubt Boogie’s washed and won’t contribute for us.
I’m banking on that he isn’t washed an that Lebron and Kuz is a huge upgrade from John Wall and PJ Tucker.

Boogie’s change of scenery to a place he’s familiar with already could do wonders.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:30 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
There’s doubt Boogie’s washed and won’t contribute for us.
I’m banking on that he isn’t washed an that Lebron and Kuz is a huge upgrade from John Wall and PJ Tucker.

Boogie’s change of scenery to a place he’s familiar with already could do wonders.

When I watch his games he’s just launching threes whether he’s contested or not. When open he shows the ability to knock them down. On a better team with a shorter leash he may be better with shot selection. He’s definitely not a high flyer, but he is a big body who stills rebounds well. I believe he won two jump balls vs Embidd, so he must be able to jump a little.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:52 pm    Post subject:

This game is about a month ago... Since then he has posted some nice numbers in about 20-25mpg... Remember he still coming back from a 2 year lay off. So can still improve as he gets healthier.

He won't be ask to do much here. But it will be a good option to have since AD will be out for a while. He gives you a different look from Gasol and wide body coming off the bench for about 15-20mpg.

DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm mixed on Boogie.

Prior to season starting if they had him I'd be like "sweet."

After seeing what I think this team needs, that's where I'm mixed.

I'd prefer a more defensive minded big. At this point, DC seems to have some limitations and likely doesnt address that. He technically "can shoot the 3", technically can still do things down low, and even grab boards. I have to wonder if he'd be given the usage he needs to put up any numbers of relevance, like Gasol.

Part of me is yea, part of me is no.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

I think people are way overthinking this beef with Keif

That happened in the heat of the moment and they are professionals if you ask me putting them both on the floor at the same time gives us to really edgy players I hope he comes back
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:23 am    Post subject:

He could joint the Nets
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
He could joint the Nets

He could but do they need more offense?... Not sure he solves their defensive issues. They also have D’Antoni who prefers small ball. But I won’t be surprise tho.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:46 am    Post subject:

Many Teams will be playing 'Keep-Away' prior to the deadline and buyout market, mainly to keep the Lakers from winning another championship!

Boogie isn't the preferred choice, however he may be the only choice, as he already is familiar with the Lakers system and won't have to vie for minutes on this team in its current state with AD out.

Kostas - Cook - Cacok - McKinnie should all be players that the Lakers consider releasing soon to create roster availability or package in a trade. Adding Boogie to this roster won't be enough as we lack a strong defensive presence on the wing and our shooters aren't able to knock down a three ball without the inside/outside action to depend on. Boogie should be able to give us that as well as spread the floor a bit, but we still lack defensively and that's where I believe we should consider a rim protector like MoBamba.

As much as I would love to believe we could acquire either Blake/Drummond somehow, someway... I think that idea is far fetched and this is my attempt at being realistic. Houston did good by placing a guarantee on Boogie's funds, so I'm not sure how difficult that makes things for the Lakers if at all. Maybe in a trade but not the buyout.

I believe we have a strong shot at obtaining:
Boogie + MoBamba + Tucker

Some of the other names tossed around in Free Agency, I just don't see happening for the Lakers, but you never know.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:

is that why he shot worse than Gasol from 2, 3, FT? also why ranked lower than Gasol in all major defensive stats?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
He could joint the Nets

please do,
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfan8 wrote:
He could joint the Nets

please do,

Why would you want the Nets to get deeper? Let alone adding a three point shooting center in Cousins to a D'Antoni offense...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

DeMarcus Cousins stats over last 14 Games

12.4 PPG
8.4 REB
2.4 AST
1.1 STL
0.5 BLK
44.6% Field Goal
38% Three Pointer (on 5.6 attempts)
75% Free Throw
23.6 MPG

Seems like someone we could use off the bench, yes? As he's stretching the floor(shooting 5.6 threes a game), he wouldn't get in Montrezl's way either, and both of their rebounding together would be quite solid imo.

People go "You must not care about defense! Our team needs defense!!" are also the same people ignoring that we're one of the best defensive teams in the league already.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:

is that why he shot worse than Gasol from 2, 3, FT? also why ranked lower than Gasol in all major defensive stats?

My data doesn't support this.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

12.4 PPG
8.4 REB
2.4 AST
1.1 STL
0.5 BLK
44.6% Field Goal
75% Free Throw
23.6 MPG

Seems like someone we could use off the bench, yes? As he's stretching the floor(shooting 5.6 threes a game), he wouldn't get in Montrezl's way either, and both of their rebounding together would be quite solid imo.

People go "You must not care about defense! Our team needs defense!!" are also the same people ignoring that we're one of the best defensive teams in the league already.

This is why I think he wants a bigger role than the Lakers can give. For example, if he joins the Knicks, he likely starts. He's leaving the Rox (mutually) b/c they want to probably tank/focus on younger players, meaning Boogie would be coming off the bench.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

lol @ Cousins playing defense better then Gasol. Let's not get crazy here.

I'm cool with Cousins joining us at this point but that's def. not true whatsoever. I've been watching him a bit this season and in no way do I see this.

If it helps get Morris off the floor and fill in AD's minutes for awhile with at least someone who can somewhat shoot and grab some boards it could be a solid signing. Far from what i'd prefer for sure but at the point the Lakers clearly need some kind of shakeup to get some wins before the All Star break.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
MJST wrote:

12.4 PPG
8.4 REB
2.4 AST
1.1 STL
0.5 BLK
44.6% Field Goal
75% Free Throw
23.6 MPG

This is why I think he wants a bigger role than the Lakers can give. For example, if he joins the Knicks, he likely starts. He's leaving the Rox (mutually) b/c they want to probably tank/focus on younger players, meaning Boogie would be coming off the bench.

Yinoma - unfortunately I think you are correct. I'm still mixed about him being a Laker (although I slightly lean to "ok, fine, let's try it"); but I honestly think he wants to go somewhere where he can show he can get one last big pay day. I'm not blaming him, but if I'm in his shoes, and seeing that I'm slowly having 20/10 games here and there, I probably think "hey man, I still got it, I just need the opportunity."

With that said, I could theoretically see this working as follows: He or Gasol plays along with Trez (second unit), unless there's a super quick second unit that needs them off the floor. With AD, you could start Cousins and have Gasol play with Trez.

Now, with all that said...my preference is a strong defender. I'd love to have a physical, athletic, big who can just be an intimidation presence inside. Problem is, I'm not sure any are available and/or within reach for the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69
Page 69 of 69
Jump to: