Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Another decent game by Marc.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Really good performance from Marc. He is settling in it seems the past few and getting more touches has him more in the flow.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject:

If he’s going to play he has to be able and willing to shoot those threes.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Has he dunked yet?

Only thing Gasol can dunk is a buttermilk donut.

Seriously, if he can hit those 3's, he may actually be somewhat effective out there. My worry is that his 3 point shooting is like KCP's 3 point shooting, in that his success is completely random, and not skilled.

I do hope I'm wrong.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
Has he dunked yet?

Only thing Gasol can dunk is a buttermilk donut.

Seriously, if he can hit those 3's, he may actually be somewhat effective out there. My worry is that his 3 point shooting is like KCP's 3 point shooting, in that his success is completely random, and not skilled.

I do hope I'm wrong.

I think KCP is tired, which throws off his shot just enough. Seems like the whole team has been dragging the past couple of weeks. Good thing Gasol is just taking set shots from out there!
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:31 am    Post subject:

MARC GASOL DEFENSE HIGHLIGHTS VS NETS

MARC GASOL DEFENSE HIGHLIGHTS VS HEAT

One thing I've is Gasol even though he looks slow is his lateral movement in defense looks good.

Good to see he is defending better this past 4 games though they are 1-3 mainly because of their poor shooting.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject:

I thought he looked decent moving his feet vs Heat, don't remember Adebayo dominating inside at all, drop couple threes too, we need conor arm flailing nasty Marc out there, get your confidence up big man!
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I thought he looked decent moving his feet vs Heat, don't remember Adebayo dominating inside at all, drop couple threes too, we need conor arm flailing nasty Marc out there, get your confidence up big man!

So basically unlike DH and McGee who were unplayable in the playoffs, Marc is playable. He played decent for teams who have faster big men like Nets and Heat. He allso defended bigger big men decently like Jokic, Embiid and Valanciunas. He's just have a hard time vs big stretch big men like Aldridge and Horford. Maybe when AD get back his A game in defense , Lakers will not have a problem at all in the defensive end with Gasol getting better plus 100% AD.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

So basically unlike DH and McGee who were unplayable in the playoffs, Marc is playable. He played decent for teams who have faster big men like Nets and Heat. He allso defended bigger big men decently like Jokic, Embiid and Valanciunas. He's just have a hard time vs big stretch big men like Aldridge and Horford. Maybe when AD get back his A game in defense , Lakers will not have a problem at all in the defensive end with Gasol getting better plus 100% AD.

I hope so man, I was talking about like 15-20mins, here's to playoff Gasol phenomenon mimicing Playoff Rondo
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

Wrong on too many levels, but I'm trying not to go there over and over and over again.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

Wrong on too many levels, but I'm trying not to go there over and over and over again.

Against Jokic, Embiid or Valanciunas he's very playable and would give us valuable minutes. Not much to even debate in those matchups. In the majority of other matchups I can see him getting very limited to no minutes though depending on a ton of variables.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

Well matchup data showed that he limited Jokic, Valanciunas and Embiid, and he played good D against Nets and Heat. Stats dont lie.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
troy wrote:
leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

Against Jokic, Embiid or Valanciunas he's very playable and would give us valuable minutes. Not much to even debate in those matchups. In the majority of other matchups I can see him getting very limited to no minutes though depending on a ton of variables.

He is saying that I was wrong without proper data to back it up.. lol
He didnt even know that McGee and Dwight got benched most of the games in the playoffa
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm not so confident about Marc's ability to guard Embiid.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:06 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
I'm not so confident about Marc's ability to guard Embiid.

Embiid is a beast and an MVP candidate, Marc is about as good as you can expect a cheap center to be if we're being honest. I'd rather him go up against Embiid then McGee without question.

I think a lot of people also forget that McGee and Dwight had a motivated AD and Lebron all last season as well while this year AD looked like he was half assing it to start the season and is now obviously out for an extended amount of time. You put McGee or Howard in Marc's spot currently and they are getting in foul trouble pretty much every single game imo. AD is the deciding factor and without him none of those 3 or pretty much any other cheap center is going to anchor our defense consistently.

We absolutely need to sign another big to help out until AD is back and even after that until we are in the actual Playoffs but I don't buy this whole "Marc has been a disaster" talk in the slightest. Nothing but Skip Bayless type of hyperbolic ridiculous statement. Everything looks a bit better when you have a unicorn kind of talent on both ends in his prime which has simply not been the case this entire season so far.

Once the Playoffs near and AD is back and the rest of the teams play scales back up along with the GOAT's usual ramp up during the second half of a season you'll see people talking about the Lakers being the real deal once again. Just like last year, people saying the Clips were better all season long until........ they were booted out and weren't. We clearly still have a top 3 roster in the NBA that just won a Championship months ago. Way too early to even remotely write them off, it's borderline comical when I see a few posters here say we have no chance. Embarrassing for opposing teams fans to see that actually and think other Lakers fans have a similar mind state.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:12 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:
troy wrote:
leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

He didnt even know that McGee and Dwight got benched most of the games in the playoffa

Pretty sure the data even shows it which is just a few threads down so that's kind of odd if he is stating that. You can see it though just watching the game though. I'm all for an upgrade at the center spot but we also have to be realistic and remember AD will be playing that position in the Playoffs as the best Center in the NBA.

Nuggets aren't even a true issue this season with there off season losses imo and that was the biggest reason to possibly need Howard in the Playoffs anyways. We still need that stop gap center added to stop the bleeding until the Playoffs but some are clearly way over valuing him and especially McGee.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:13 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:
troy wrote:
leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

First 4 points in the paint including Wagner....anyone surprised? lmao how embarrassing Gasol is
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:22 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:
troy wrote:
leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

First 4 points in the paint including Wagner....anyone surprised? lmao how embarrassing Gasol is

And you forget to mention 2 blocks and 2 challenges after that? Also a 4 point play.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:
troy wrote:
leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

And you forget to mention 2 blocks and 2 challenges after that? Also a 4 point play.

And numerous points in the paint by the Wizards. And he missed his next 3 three pointers....team is so much better with him on the bench and Trezz playing it’s not even funny.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Double digit lean most of the game. Gasol leaves in the 3rd now 8 point game.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure analytics Twitter will tell me that his Defensive Rating improved after the 2 missed FT's with under a minute to go. Yeah, that's sarcasm, but just wanted to make it clear where I stand on his play. OK, carry on.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I'm sure analytics Twitter will tell me that his Defensive Rating improved after the 2 missed FT's with under a minute to go. Yeah, that's sarcasm, but just wanted to make it clear where I stand on his play. OK, carry on.

When I think of missed FTs in the clutch this game. Gasol isn't the first person who crosses my mind.

I thought he was fine tonight. I'll take 3 blocks 2 steals over 28 minutes any day of the week.
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

He is an instant minus 10. Guaranteed.

Huge bust. Rob knows it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

windycitycane wrote:
King Randle wrote:

He is an instant minus 10. Guaranteed.

Huge bust. Rob knows it.

The lineup data doesn't show that at all. https://go.nba.com/v0t7

Feel like people just don't like him because he's not an athletic big. Which is kinda like disliking Dwight cause he doesn't space the floor. I mean, sure. But he brings other things to the table.
Unless you are a superstar, every player has his weaknesses.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

When he just came down the court looking for someone to flop into, I thought he was at least finding a way to help the team win (even if it was really cheap lol) but when he missed both that was devastating.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 35 of 65
Jump to: