Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Did not see the Nets beating the Clippers without Durant.

Why not? They still have Harden and Kyrie. Harden on your team typically = 50 wins. It’s like folks forgot he’s a top 5 player in the world.

LeBron, KD, AD, Jokic, Giannis, Kawhi, and Steph are all guys that I have ranked higher than Harden. I do not respect Harden (however, i do respect Kyrie) because his entire offensive strategy is reliant on free throws and flopping, which is evident by having more FTM than FGM in his career.

Edit: Butler too.

AD that could barely get teams to the playoffs, including the same players Harden won 50 games with (Anderson and Gordon)? Giannis that turns into a liability in the playoffs...in the East? Steph that can barely win games above a .500 clip when the team isn't stacked? Even assuming we agree on all those...we are still talking a top 10 player to go along with Kyrie.

Whether you respect his offensive game, he still routinely = 50 wins, so them winning games with him and Kyrie isn't a shocker. FYI, his game is moreso reliant on shooting 3's, most stepping away from contact. He shoots them at a Steph Curry like volume rate and has been for like 4 years.

I would argue his 3s are only effective because he relies on a travel, offensive foul, and/or the fear of the flop to get open for the 3. Top 10, we can agree on that.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Just hope the Nets don't land Drummond.

Why.

Do you really want to go against a starting lineup of

Kyrie Irving
Joe Harris
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Andre Drummond

Drummond gives them a slightly decent interior defense, moves Deandre Jordan to the bench, and is the kind of limited center D'Antoni would know how to utilize, particularly when they'd be playing 4 out 1 in with him on the court and his role would be primarily to rebound and get whatever he could.

Rebounding is one of the few things Drummond excels in. What people also seem to fail to realize, and I guess because Drummond's been in the league for 10 Seasons... the man is still 27...

You really wonder why someone wouldn't want the Nets (a team with Kyrie, Durant and Harden already) to add Drummond?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Why.

Kyrie Irving
Joe Harris
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Andre Drummond

Drummond gives them a slightly decent interior defense, moves Deandre Jordan to the bench, and is the kind of limited center D'Antoni would know how to utilize, particularly when they'd be playing 4 out 1 in with him on the court and his role would be primarily to rebound and get whatever he could.

Rebounding is one of the few things Drummond excels in. What people also seem to fail to realize, and I guess because Drummond's been in the league for 10 Seasons... the man is still 27...

You really wonder why someone wouldn't want the Nets (a team with Kyrie, Durant and Harden already) to add Drummond?

Lols at Nash and dantoni knowing how to use him.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Why.

Kyrie Irving
Joe Harris
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Andre Drummond

A 27 y/o guy who has made all star teams and won rebounding titles joins a team with 3 stars / super stars. Not something I would like as an option for them personally. Have to agree with MJST and PenG on this.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
I would argue his 3s are only effective because he relies on a travel, offensive foul, and/or the fear of the flop to get open for the 3. Top 10, we can agree on that.

If that were the case other players wouldn't be incorporating the step-back 3 into their games. It's really ok to give the guy credit where it's due.

Either way, I wasn't trying to really debate his ranking. My point was they added a top player and even without Durant still have two on the court. I'm not surprised about regular season wins.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Harden's efficiency, especially from three, will go up quite a bit in Brooklyn. His shots have been much easier thus far, and it shows in the stat sheet.

I'm guessing the Nets will cool off a tiny bit. I just can't imagine they finish the season on 63% TS.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Why.

Kyrie Irving
Joe Harris
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Andre Drummond

A 27 y/o guy who has made all star teams and won rebounding titles joins a team with 3 stars / super stars. Not something I would like as an option for them personally. Have to agree with MJST and PenG on this.

And has done nothing in regards to leading or helping a team be successful. Obviously nets are stacked but teams drag him away from basket. Harden can’t play with a true center.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Why.

Kyrie Irving
Joe Harris
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Andre Drummond

And has done nothing in regards to leading or helping a team be successful. Obviously nets are stacked but teams drag him away from basket. Harden can’t play with a true center.

Drummond could be useless on offense and would still be a huge contributor to them with his rebounding and defense.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Time to change title to "Can the Lakers meet Brooklyn in the finals" instead
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Why.

Kyrie Irving
Joe Harris
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Andre Drummond

Yikes, I'd take that squad over the 2017 GSW in a 7 game series. Probably would sweep us.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Harden can’t play with a true center.

How are you reaching that conclusion? He got to the conf finals with Howard and Capela.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Harden can’t play with a true center.

How are you reaching that conclusion? He got to the conf finals with Howard and Capela.

Just like how Harden can't play with Kyrie, right?
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Time to change title to "Can the Lakers meet Brooklyn in the finals" instead

Maybe ‘Can the Lakers win a series, let alone 3, to even meet the Nets’.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Halflife wrote:
MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Why.

Kyrie Irving
Joe Harris
James Harden
Kevin Durant
Andre Drummond

Snarky (and somewhat solid, if a bit off) one liners will not stop the guy from making a difference. I hope we do not have to see it actually happen. Of course, if the Nets do get him, I'm going to hope your one liners are truth; but I severely doubt they will be.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:26 pm    Post subject:

If you assume that D'Antoni (or most any coach for that matter) wouldn't be able to win a Championship with Kyrie, Harden, Durant, Drummond in the starting lineup then I don't know what to say.

We saw what Luke Walton did with a Warriors team that was on autopilot based off talent alone. D'Antoni is the king of trying to maximize the most out of a little. They have D'Antoni there to implement the offense and Nash to do the "Coaching". D'Antoni is playing the role Gentry did in Golden State and Nash is playing the role of Kerr.

There's a reason why both Durant and Kyrie fit right into that offense so easily, and now Harden is fitting right into it as well.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject:

I guess Harris is just gonna shoot 50% from three all season...

God I hate this team
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
I guess Harris is just gonna shoot 50% from three all season...

God I hate this team

He's always killed the Lakers when he played us, now he's going to be getting wide open shots all day.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Either Bruce Brown got a lot better, or he's punching way above his weight.

Nets on a seven game win streak without their best player. Here I thought they were like the 2010 Heatles... just three max players and no bench.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

Nets on a seven game win streak without their best player. Here I thought they were like the 2010 Heatles... just three max players and no bench.

Think of what it will be like when they get Dimwiddie back.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

They are "hot" right now as a team for sure. Technically, the current build is somewhat similar to what Harden had in Houston in prior years, so its not surprising they'd have success.

But yep, add KD in there and...eesh.

I'm getting a headache just thinking about it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

They are "hot" right now as a team for sure. Technically, the current build is somewhat similar to what Harden had in Houston in prior years, so its not surprising they'd have success.

someone is going to have to step back and play Bosh role. Who? None of those guys are great defenders like bosh and klay were.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Nothing wrong with saying that on paper, the Nets have a formidable team. Anytime you have 3 HOFers in their prime, that's a behemoth.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DrDent wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

someone is going to have to step back and play Bosh role. Who? None of those guys are great defenders like bosh and klay were.

Kyrie, Durant, and Harden are all ranked within the top 6 in ppp scored in isolation. 1.25ppp in isolation on high volume. If the offensive rating holds, their defense only needs to be ranked ~20th.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:51 pm    Post subject:

It’s amazing where we were after Ainge fleeced the nets and now.

Kyrie screws over Danny.
Picks don’t really materialize.
Celtics under .500
AD in LA
Kawhi in LA
Kemba struggling
Hayward doing well in Charlotte
And Nets basically have the East won
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
It’s amazing where we were after Ainge fleeced the nets and now.

Kyrie screws over Danny.
Picks don’t really materialize.
Celtics under .500
AD in LA
Kawhi in LA
Kemba struggling
Hayward doing well in Charlotte
And Nets basically have the East won

Ainge sat on all those first round picks for too long and didn't make the moves when it counted.

Also the way they treated Isaiah Thomas, and Kyrie Irving when they were hurt echo'd around the league. Then you now see Kemba going through the same thing, playing through injury and the Celtics not caring for his well-being in the short or long term. It stinks of "Oh.. this again.. first Thomas, then Irving, now Walker." that's why it's hard to inspire loyalty in the players they brought in, and why Kyrie and Hayward are now gone.

Look what the Celtics did to Thomas and Kyrie and now Kemba.

Then look at what the Lakers did for Kobe.

Those kind of things matter. Maybe not the year they happen, but eventually.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 39 of 73
Jump to: