DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:50 pm    Post subject:

We miss his presence
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:52 pm    Post subject:

His price going up
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:07 pm    Post subject:

Arguably our 3rd or 4th most important player, and having his ball handling is a must to give LeBron a break.

The next game is a loss, but once Schro is back, we should be able to compete without AD.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Arguably our 3rd or 4th most important player, and having his ball handling is a must to give LeBron a break.

The next game is a loss, but once Schro is back, we should be able to compete without AD.
I sit bron next game
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Killer_Z wrote:

I sit bron next game

Completely agree
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject:

Dennis is a threat offensively, a pest defensively and it's easy to tell we've missed him the last few games. He take some pressure off of LeBron as well as keep the defense honest & create for teammates.

It will be good to get him back...
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
His price going up

Yup. Rob better get out that check book, his value is immense on this team even with his flaws.

I think we win both these past 2 games if he plays.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Halflife wrote:
His price going up

Yup. Rob better get out that check book, his value is immense on this team even with his flaws.

no question and even though we still probably (maybe) lose nets game it would have been nice to see him guard Kyrie.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

1 game to go.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

Somewhere Dennis agent is smiling.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Halflife wrote:
His price going up

no question and even though we still probably (maybe) lose nets game it would have been nice to see him guard Kyrie.

Kyrie wasn't that good. one thing i will give to KCP is that he plays great man defense no matter what.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

Frank & LBJ, need to take the handcuffs off of Dennis & let him do his thing like he did in Atlanta & OKC...

He’s just trying to fit in, but for everyone’s sake he could bring a lot more offensively & trust him to get LBJ more rest during games. Why on earth did you trade for such a talent & restrain what he can do, you bring in guys like him & Trez & Frank doesn’t use them right, com’on almost half the season I think your rotations should be figured out by now when healthy. THT, yeah talented but has regressed this past month unless teams figured him out & he has to adjust.

Well, I mined as well talk about the horrible offense they run when they stand around with no cutting or movement while LBJ decides to either run down the clock or do his Steph imitation. Pope & Matthews need to take shots & not get iced out of a half. Let’s face it AD or not they’re not playing good ball right now, the entire team turns the ball over without much pressure & the poor starts & lack of finishing a team like last night up 17 puts even more minutes on LBJ...

Hopefully AD comes back & doesn’t have any set backs or we’re not gonna repeat. Hopefully Rob makes 2 great pick ups & doesn’t lose out on the guys he wants. I myself hope we get Whiteside, if not Dedmon, not sure Trevor has much left especially 3 pt shot after year off. PJ Tucker would cut out Morris IMO. I still don’t like our offense not moving the ball around & movement it’s why we lose leads, cause they stopped doing what was working to get them that lead. Pass, pass, pass, not dribble, dribble, dribble...
HC: Riley
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:58 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Frank & LBJ, need to take the handcuffs off of Dennis & let him do his thing like he did in Atlanta & OKC...

He’s just trying to fit in, but for everyone’s sake he could bring a lot more offensively & trust him to get LBJ more rest during games. Why on earth did you trade for such a talent & restrain what he can do, you bring in guys like him & Trez & Frank doesn’t use them right, com’on almost half the season I think your rotations should be figured out by now when healthy. THT, yeah talented but has regressed this past month unless teams figured him out & he has to adjust.

Well, I mined as well talk about the horrible offense they run when they stand around with no cutting or movement while LBJ decides to either run down the clock or do his Steph imitation. Pope & Matthews need to take shots & not get iced out of a half. Let’s face it AD or not they’re not playing good ball right now, the entire team turns the ball over without much pressure & the poor starts & lack of finishing a team like last night up 17 puts even more minutes on LBJ...

Hopefully AD comes back & doesn’t have any set backs or we’re not gonna repeat. Hopefully Rob makes 2 great pick ups & doesn’t lose out on the guys he wants. I myself hope we get Whiteside, if not Dedmon, not sure Trevor has much left especially 3 pt shot after year off. PJ Tucker would cut out Morris IMO. I still don’t like our offense not moving the ball around & movement it’s why we lose leads, cause they stopped doing what was working to get them that lead. Pass, pass, pass, not dribble, dribble, dribble...

sometimes lebron held the ball in his hand too long in order to look for a pass. it can work in the playoffs, but in the regular season, basically he has to make every play.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

Prelude to an eminent extension?
Quote:
It didn’t take long for Dennis Schröder to make himself at home in his new position on the Los Angeles Lakers’ roster. The German-born NBA star and his wife, Ellen Ziolo, recently purchased a contemporary mansion in the San Fernando Valley, Dirt reports, just three months after Schröder was traded from the Oklahoma City Thunder.

The $4.3 million property sits on about a third of an acre in the suburban neighborhood of Tarzana.

LINK

Hope so
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

Lakers value DS, pretty obvious that they wanna lock him into a long term deal, Harrell on another hand I can see the FO gauge his trade value because keeping him isn’t guaranteed and plus doesn’t look like Vogel sees Trezz as a guy who fits into his defensive schemes.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

DS and Harrell are both keepers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:41 am    Post subject:

I know lots of players buy property in CA, but I think he is going to sign an extension soon. The team has seen how important he is in his absence. We are probably not on a chicken little 3 game losing streak if he's playing.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject:

He owes us for breaking protocol and putting us in a bad spot. I hope he storms back on Friday.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:14 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward t ogetting him back.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
He owes us for breaking protocol and putting us in a bad spot. I hope he storms back on Friday.

I really don’t think it was his fault. It could happen to anyone
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Hope he sign extension. Good player who can score, solid defensively and quick as hell. Also still pretty young. I hope we can lock him up. Harrel on the other hand. Meh. I hope he will be traded or he will sign for someone else during summer. Don't see him as long term Laker.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:14 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Great post, let's not forget Dennis is a quick attack guard who can score and create opportunities in transition that others cannot. He averaged 19 in 30 mins/game last year and was efficient from the field and 3-pt range.

Our fastbreak has disappeared and we need to reduce LeBron's workload before his hairline starts receeding again from having to carry us through this stretch. Dennis was actually playing really well in Feb before he went out and he can definitely help us win it all this year.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject:

Resign him
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject:

We were losing games at Denver with his scoring 8 points in 28 minutes even with him. Even with him, we lose to Utah, without AD.

To me, while Dennis has value, he is not a shift the needle level of player. If the contract is fair market value, and Rob feels it's an asset, sure. Otherwise I would wait. There's no way I think it's a good idea to give this guy a 4 year deal in the 70M range.

If anything these losses show me, that the moment AD is not available, the moment Bron doesn't play like a MVP, our window is shut. We literally have to have these guys at a Kobe/Shaq level (that they were in the playoff bubble) every time in the playoffs to stand a chance.

So Dennis sure helps, but not nearly as much as a player who could do what Rondo did in the playoffs for us. If I'm paying a guy 15M for the next 3 years, or 4 years, I want him to do what Clarkson/Conley were doing to us in the bench wars. I personally would wait unless the contract is a bargain. The moment Bron is no longer able to elevate his level to MVP in the playoffs OR AD is not able to play like the best big in basketball, our window is immediately shut. In that unfortunate but inevitable scenario, you want role player contracts around them that are within that time line, and not far beyond that. I think a 2 or 3 year deal at the most, is what you give Dennis, and you keep the annual hit something that would make sense for a future trade IF Bron/AD window is shut.

Bets thing to do, is wait it out, Rob. See what happens in the playoffs. We need a guy that can lead the 2nd unit and allow Bron to rest long minutes in a game. Up until this point in time, Dennis has not been that player. I hope by playoffs he proves to be.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

Agree 100%. This team needs a legit 3rd star, and an unleashed DS can be it. He needs to stop trying to figure out Lebron and just ball out there, and Vogel needs to let him. Same, to an extend, for Harrell. As I said, this Lakers team HAS shooters, just for some reason lately (even before AD went out) they all seemed restrained and reluctant, not free flowing. This losing streak may be a good thing in that it forces some of our players like AC, KCP, and maybe even Gasol to just go out there and play the damned game like they are capable of.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 72 of 284
Jump to: