The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1526, 1527, 1528 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dries wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dries wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
dries wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
dries wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Its always nice to have the GOAT on your team when your team loses one of the top 5 players in the league. What a privilege it has been to be a Lakers fan.

Goat?

It's like last season. Bron ball in regular season, even though he couldn't outproduce AD in anything, then it was team ball in the payoffs (AD & Rondo carryjob) .... Then Bron ball again vs Jimmy and The Beach Boys for that individual award.

Another pathetic take from a "fan" who's only around when Lebron struggles. Go back into hiding.

Need more balance around here. And honesty. Kobe got critisized for less.

Dude's a snoozefest. He's good but quite overrated and spoiled.

Just my opinion. That i want to share sometimes.

You see only what you want to see. He took the lion share of the criticism for this game in the game thread.
I don't look forward to your opportunistic drivel during these upcoming losses. I'm sure it will be plentiful.

Need more balance in the lebron james thread imo. Don't worry won't post much, he has lost and played worse than this and i kept my mouth shut. Again, sometimes i feel like giving my opinion, and i'm still being pretty reasonable too.

He is the one player who is showing up every game. Our entire offense collapses into a heap of skeletons when he sits (we are +6 in the recent games without AD/Dennis with LBJ on the floor, -23 when he sits). You want to criticize someone? He isn't even close to #1 on my list right now.

He's lebron james the goat. He's good, but quite overrated.

I don't think you're being very objective about this. And others are equally pointing out that you only show up when things are tough on the team. Didn't see this vitriol when the team was plowing through the playoffs. He won that Finals MVP again, didn't he? I could care less about the Kobe v. LBJ debate as Kobe himself said to knock it off. Love both of these guys.

Balance. I barely show up here, and i've seen worse. But i understand what you're saying.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject:

Love Bron, but these Steph Curry impersonations need to end. I get it, he and AD are coasting to keep themselves fresh. But, there is a mentality we need to play with that we are not playing with, and it starts with Bron.

When the defense takes away his driving lanes, I get it. But he is simply being lazy or just coasting. It is fine, but I do not enjoy it as a basketball fan. He is one of the best decision makers in the history of the game when he has the ball down low, so for weak Steph Curry situations instead, hard to watch.

If he does not want to be driving all the time, then get into the post and post up more. He is an elite post player as well. Just as a decision maker, the situations he can create from in there.

I know likely Bron will pick up his attack zones big time come in the playoffs but this is a great example of why we HAD to do the AD trade with all those assets going out, Bron is not in his peak anymore, he can not take a group of non-all star guys and keep them in the top 4-5 in the West. He could not do it the first season, and he is not gonna do it this month, likely.

So hopefully we can just get some higher IQ play from him, and get some more sets where Bron is catching the ball in the paint or mid-range area.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

I hear you Wolf, but teams are literally doubling him or crowding the paint knowing that our role players are not going to kill them. Hard to post up when LBJ has 2-3 guys hovering around him all game. I think when Dennis comes back (and obviously AD), we will be able to be a bit more dynamic offensively.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:27 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Love Bron, but these Steph Curry impersonations need to end. I get it, he and AD are coasting to keep themselves fresh. But, there is a mentality we need to play with that we are not playing with, and it starts with Bron.

When the defense takes away his driving lanes, I get it. But he is simply being lazy or just coasting. It is fine, but I do not enjoy it as a basketball fan. He is one of the best decision makers in the history of the game when he has the ball down low, so for weak Steph Curry situations instead, hard to watch.

If he does not want to be driving all the time, then get into the post and post up more. He is an elite post player as well. Just as a decision maker, the situations he can create from in there.

I know likely Bron will pick up his attack zones big time come in the playoffs but this is a great example of why we HAD to do the AD trade with all those assets going out, Bron is not in his peak anymore, he can not take a group of non-all star guys and keep them in the top 4-5 in the West. He could not do it the first season, and he is not gonna do it this month, likely.

So hopefully we can just get some higher IQ play from him, and get some more sets where Bron is catching the ball in the paint or mid-range area.

What's odd is he was feeling it from midrange last night, hitting several pull up jumpers and fadeaways. Why didn't he take a single midrange shot in the 4th quarter?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I hear you Wolf, but teams are literally doubling him or crowding the paint knowing that our role players are not going to kill them. Hard to post up when LBJ has 2-3 guys hovering around him all game. I think when Dennis comes back (and obviously AD), we will be able to be a bit more dynamic offensively.

Disagree. Last year, same situations, no starting PG, no AD, and Bron delivered a lotta wins. He was playing against the washed king angle. This year, he is toying around A LOT. It is tough to watch. I love Bron, and whether he wins another ring or not. I will forever be grateful that he signed with the Lakers, especially in delivering the ring last year after Kobe passed. He's awesome, but this season, right from the start, he has been in Steph Curry mode. Initially his shot was on, so I thought he would change things up when he cooled off, but he hasn't.

BTW, you WANT 2-3 guys around him, so that his all time great court vision, can be utilized . As he ages, he needs to play more and more like Magic in the late 80s early 90s. That was how he was playing last year. He for sure was gonna settle for 3s as teams give him that shot, but this year, he is trying to create 3s like he is Curry. It was cool when he was on, but he has been off for a month now. Even them, to continue to attack that way, with AD out, stupid, IMO.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:31 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

What's odd is he was feeling it from midrange last night, hitting several pull up jumpers and fadeaways. Why didn't he take a single midrange shot in the 4th quarter?

His shot selection has always been terrible and strange. I don't get it (i do) or enjoy it.

Last edited by dries on Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Disagree. Last year, same situations, no starting PG, no AD, and Bron delivered a lotta wins. He was playing against the washed king angle. This year, he is toying around A LOT. It is tough to watch. I love Bron, and whether he wins another ring or not. I will forever be grateful that he signed with the Lakers, especially in delivering the ring last year after Kobe passed. He's awesome, but this season, right from the start, he has been in Steph Curry mode. Initially his shot was on, so I thought he would change things up when he cooled off, but he hasn't.

He had a ton of rest last year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:35 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

BTW, you WANT 2-3 guys around him, so that his all time great court vision, can be utilized . As he ages, he needs to play more and more like Magic in the late 80s early 90s. That was how he was playing last year. He for sure was gonna settle for 3s as teams give him that shot, but this year, he is trying to create 3s like he is Curry. It was cool when he was on, but he has been off for a month now. Even them, to continue to attack that way, with AD out, stupid, IMO.

He is playing around but we must be watching different games. The interior is packed against him late game. It's interesting we are so hard on the one guy who has shown up for every game though. If anything, he's playing too many games and should be sitting out some.

I don't think we have the weapons to be playing Magic Johnson style. Who is Byron/Coop/Worthy flying around with him? Our role players really have shown their true colors in AD/Dennis's absence.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree, but it does not require rest to figure out that you need to go curl off the ball, and get into the post, and call for the ball there, instead of dribbling outside for 8-10 seconds and launching 3s. The latter is actually more work, but is flashier and more fun to play. I think this is not just about rest, it is also about having fun. He is enjoying his new perceived weapon, of being a great 3 point shooter. Only, it lasted about a few weeks. His shooting from 3 will never be elite, so someone needs to tell him that he needs to use it as a third weapon, after he has first tried to get a shot in the mid-range or post.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

dries wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

His shot selection has always been terrible and strange. I don't get it (i do) or enjoy it.

He's a wing who averages 50.4% for his career. Um...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

I think it's a chicken or egg thing. I noticed the commentators on NBA TV saying that no one is moving on the Lakers anymore.

Is that a result of LBJ's dribbling out the ball? Yes.

Is that a result of guys not moving off ball? Yes.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

Man, some of y'all are harsh, critiquing for the sake of critiquing. The problem has been clear, the role players play been dropped off compare to early on the season. If there should be a critique of our stars, it was AD that hasn't lived up to the level of play from last season, Bron has.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject:

Lebron will be fine. When he starts chucking threes and turning it over it's because he is fatigued/tired. I could tell even with his legs, he was stumbling a bit in the paint on drives, stuff like that. Same with that bricked FT at the end, it's all legs.

You give him 2 days off between games instead of this every other day stuff and he would be much sharper with or without AD.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

Do not take my criticism of him impersonating Steph Curry as agreeing with the other posters who are saying he is terrible shot selector, that is not what I am saying

Bron is one of the greatest minds to ever play the game, in the playoffs. The way he breaks down a defense is beautiful to watch in that setting.

So when you see the alternative like we have been getting a lot of this season, it can get frustrating when the losses start piling up. At this point, Bron probably knows a lot of things that I do not, like what his body can take on a game to game basis. It could simply be about him being able to stay healthy in the RS. Respect that.

At this point, I have stopped caring about standings, and just want Bron/AD healthy and peaking in April/or 3-4 weeks before the playoffs. Peak intensity then. We gotta do it different this year, maybe a bit like the light switch, peak at the right time, strategy (that does not always work, as you establish a lot of bad habits).
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Halflife wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Agree, but it does not require rest to figure out that you need to go curl off the ball, and get into the post, and call for the ball there, instead of dribbling outside for 8-10 seconds and launching 3s. The latter is actually more work, but is flashier and more fun to play. I think this is not just about rest, it is also about having fun. He is enjoying his new perceived weapon, of being a great 3 point shooter. Only, it lasted about a few weeks. His shooting from 3 will never be elite, so someone needs to tell him that he needs to use it as a third weapon, after he has first tried to get a shot in the mid-range or post.

I know. I just think some shots he’s taking and some he’s missing is because of shortened off season. His minutes are down but I wish he and frank would embrace load management. Maybe it comes closer to end of year
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Do not take my criticism of him impersonating Steph Curry as agreeing with the other posters who are saying he is terrible shot selector, that is not what I am saying

Bron is one of the greatest minds to ever play the game, in the playoffs. The way he breaks down a defense is beautiful to watch in that setting.

So when you see the alternative like we have been getting a lot of this season, it can get frustrating when the losses start piling up. At this point, Bron probably knows a lot of things that I do not, like what his body can take on a game to game basis. It could simply be about him being able to stay healthy in the RS. Respect that.

At this point, I have stopped caring about standings, and just want Bron/AD healthy and peaking in April/or 3-4 weeks before the playoffs. Peak intensity then. We gotta do it different this year, maybe a bit like the light switch, peak at the right time, strategy (that does not always work, as you establish a lot of bad habits).

gotcha
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

Watching him over the years I think if there’s ever a sign of his age I think we are seeing it now. He used to able to will teams to wins like this, specially when you are missing 2 of your top 3 players... I can see him trying but the legs are just not there.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject:

The Lebron hate is at peak levels with him leading the MVP race, especially considering his impact stats are below several players in the race. He knows his meal ticket for the award is minutes played and seeding, and that's what he's doing.

I don't want him playing Utah on Wedn. There's no argument that makes sense.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
The Lebron hate is at peak levels with him leading the MVP race, especially considering his impact stats are below several players in the race. He knows his meal ticket for the award is minutes played and seeding, and that's what he's doing.

I don't want him playing Utah on Wedn. There's no argument that makes sense.

🧠 < this is a brain. I agree . Sit bron let others get run and maybe add value to their game
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

I haven't followed or read other pages in this thread, but one thing I clearly see is a lack of effort on defense. Sometimes it's slacking off shooters. Then it's not boxing out or paying attention to cutting back door. A couple games ago he was in the back court yelling at refs and walking on consecutive plays, while teammates were hustling back and being outnumbered.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
I haven't followed or read other pages in this thread, but one thing I clearly see is a lack of effort on defense. Sometimes it's slacking off shooters. Then it's not boxing out or paying attention to cutting back door. A couple games ago he was in the back court yelling at refs and walking on consecutive plays, while teammates were hustling back and being outnumbered.

we knew he wasnt close to the defender he used to be . The only reason it showed last year is because he was well, well rested. DS, AD, trezz were the reasons IMO that our d was elite early on.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject:

LeBron is coasting.

With LeBron's BBIQ he knows very well that if he can't drive to the basket he could just post up and score from the post, which would also open up the perimeter.

He just isn't. He also decides to shoot pull up threes instead of taking an open lane when he's single covered. I've seen LeBron settle for so many threes while being single covered it makes you want to pull your hair out.

LeBron is shooting 26% from three the last 12 games on 7 ATTEMPTS A GAME... stop trying to be Steph and be the LeBron we paid for.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LeBron is coasting.

With LeBron's BBIQ he knows very well that if he can't drive to the basket he could just post up and score from the post, which would also open up the perimeter.

He just isn't. He also decides to shoot pull up threes instead of taking an open lane when he's single covered. I've seen LeBron settle for so many threes while being single covered it makes you want to pull your hair out.

LeBron is shooting 26% from three the last 12 games on 7 ATTEMPTS A GAME... stop trying to be Steph and be the LeBron we paid for.

Yep, Lebron was probably perplexed by how wide the misses were last night. He really had it going from midrange, even hit three rare pull up 17 footers. I'm sure he thought the shotmaking would translate to three, but he's in a deep slump. I think he wanted people to shoot, contested or not, but the ball kept coming back to him. Either way... I'm so frustrated by these two losses.

Pain... just pain
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:01 am    Post subject:

His legs are shot. He’s old. I know he’s been Superman in his career but expecting him to continue that trend in his 18th season (actually 20th considering how many finals he went to) is too much.

I hope he and the coaching staff will see that we are playing with fire by riding him this much.

We need to sit him and give him a chance to get his legs back under him
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

Last edited by PenG_ on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1526, 1527, 1528 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1527 of 2079
Jump to: