OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5735, 5736, 5737 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Did I miss something? Isn’t Drummonds contract around $28 M?

I thought the Cavs are still trying to trade him to get something back instead of buying him out. Has that changed?

numbers and picks doesnt matter. LG can land anyone

That's why noone here is a GM, they aren't qualified

or a coach.
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
leking006 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

I thought the Cavs are still trying to trade him to get something back instead of buying him out. Has that changed?

or a coach.

Most aren’t even intelligent fans with all these silly trade ideas.

Last edited by Swagron12 on Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Watching Dwight right now really hurts...he’s so active...anyone going to the paint has to change their shot. I know it’s like crying over an x girlfriend. Problem is the x was fine and wanted to come back but we told her to wait...then we end up with a fat chick that you cringe when you get together with her. Sorry had to vent.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
ahaider wrote:
My point of emphasis will be Drummond for the foreseeable future. There is a general consensus in this thread that we need another rim protector, we need better shooting or in general better offense (set plays, motion, and three point shooting).

We don't have a reliable third scorer. We don't have a rim protector for all the teams we have ahead (Ibaka, Gobert, Jokic, Embiid, DJ). Only one player does that for us - Drummond. He slots in directly as our third scorer. He removes a lot of the pressure on Lebron when AD is out. If the Nets acquire him - we won't win the title.

If it takes THT I would do it - because this is most probably the last year of our championship window. I don't think this team as constructed will three-peat.

And who else?
If in a trade scenario, the Lakers need to get at least near his $27M salary. THT is not moving the needle financially.

Drummond is a buy out fantasy. Lakers can only offer a vet min.

I'd start the Pagan rituals to the B-Ball Gods now to make it a reality.

He’s right...only way this happens in through a buyout and he signs here for the minimum....not happening. Reminds me years ago Charles Oakley was a FA and we thought he would come her for the minimum of $2 million back then. He signed a 4 year $20 million deal with Toronto. Same concept.

I recall that story had some context as that was during the Shaq-Kobe era. Basically he walked in to chat with the team about possibly signing, either saw or learned about their toxic relationship being a real deal, and was like "I'm out." I either read that or heard this being discussed by a solid source on a radio talk show back in the day, but cannot recall where.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
leking006 wrote:
roger_federer wrote:

or a coach.

I have begun the ancient parz-nee-zee ritual of providing centers to clubs that need them. Stay tuned.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Watching Dwight right now really hurts...he’s so active...anyone going to the paint has to change their shot. I know it’s like crying over an x girlfriend. Problem is the x was fine and wanted to come back but we told her to wait...then we end up with a fat chick that you cringe when you get together with her. Sorry had to vent.

I'll take it a step further, if we don't win it all this year, and AD proves to be healthy this post season, then the blame should be leveled solely on Rob Pelinka. We had a championship team last season, and the only team in the NBA that got notably better via personnel was the Nets. Whatever Utah did, whatever the Clippers did, we should have matched it. Instead, we got rid of too many players coming off a season of winning a ring, and now we have what we have.

To hell with Rob Pelinka.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:32 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
King Randle wrote:

I'll take it a step further, if we don't win it all this year, and AD proves to be healthy this post season, then the blame should be leveled solely on Rob Pelinka. We had a championship team last season, and the only team in the NBA that got notably better via personnel was the Nets. Whatever Utah did, whatever the Clippers did, we should have matched it. Instead, we got rid of too many players coming off a season of winning a ring, and now we have what we have.

Do not despair, troy, I have begun lighting the ancient pipe, and soon, Andre Drummon will become a Laker.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
troy wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Do not despair, troy, I have begun lighting the ancient pipe, and soon, Andre Drummon will become a Laker.
who would have to be included to get a player like Drummond with his contract?
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Dwight left on his own, everyone was (bleep) about green last year, Rondo wanted one more pay day, and McGee isn’t the difference of a championship.

People act like Rob got rid of our core, when in fact he did not. Everyone wants to point fingers, but the reality is AD and DS being hurt is killing us right now. I would like a big like Howard, but he made his own decision to sign with the sixers quickly.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Easy there Datsun. Last year there was a bit of luck involved as we got the ideal draw with the Nuggets after they knocked off the Clips. Additionally, the East was represented by the Heat.

This year everyone improved including the Nets and the Lakers simply couldn’t stay pat.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

King Randle, I understand the frustrations keep your head up if we land either Whiteside or Drummond the effects of losing Dwight will sting less.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Last year’s team wouldn’t be able to beat this year’s Nets, Clippers and potentially even the Jazz. They needed the offensive upgrades.

The Dwight situation is 60% on Pelinka and 40% on Dwight. For whatever reason, he wasn’t happy about the Harrell news and left for the same amount of money...to be Embiid’s backup. If he had stayed patient, he would be the Lakers starting C.

We can’t go back on it now. So Pelinka has to go and get another rim protector.

Last edited by LakerSD on Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
King Randle wrote:

All I can say is Rob better take the responsibility before Vogel.

I would be pissed if Vogel was the scapegoat when it was Rob's f**k up.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Last year’s team wouldn’t be able to beat this year’s Nets, Clippers and potentially even the Jazz. They needed the offensive upgrades.

The Dwight situation is 60% on Pelinka and 40% on Dwight. For whatever reason, he wasn’t happy about the Harrell news and left for the same amount of money...to be Embiid’s backup. If he had stayed patient, he would be the Lakers starting C.

but the problem is pelinka didn’t get another rim protection, but he did get another statue that can go outside the staples center.
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
troy wrote:
King Randle wrote:

All I can say is Rob better take the responsibility before Vogel.

I would be pissed if Vogel was the scapegoat when it was Rob's f**k up.
vogel is the scapegoat for his dumb rotation
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

What's this nonsense about last year's team losing to this year's teams? We were incredible in the post season. Perfect rotations, ran teams off the perimeter, and AD and Lebron were monsters. Plus, we were the only contender to lose a rotation player.
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
King Randle wrote:

The Lakers won a championship last year. I’ll stick with Pelinka over “Troy” everyday of the week.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
What's this nonsense about last year's team losing to this year's teams? We were incredible in the post season. Perfect rotations, ran teams off the perimeter, and AD and Lebron were monsters. Plus, we were the only contender to lose a rotation player.

Dragic?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Dragic?

No one thought Miami would be in the Finals. I'm talking contenders going into the playoffs.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

but the problem is pelinka didn’t get another rim protection, but he did get another statue that can go outside the staples center.

Yep. So now he has to fix that issue and I feel he will especially given that the coach is big on having a big who can rim protect. Vogel builds his defenses around those types.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Dallas lost and clippers, Denver, and pelicans are loosing.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Whiteside in Covid protocol.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:

Wow wth happened in that Clippers game?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Whiteside in Covid protocol.

He's a perfect fit already
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Wow wth happened in that Clippers game?

I looked at the stats and noticed there 3 point shot wasn’t falling, then I looked at the team stats. 37 percent. It really put it into perspective how bad we have been shooting.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5735, 5736, 5737 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5736 of 8560
Jump to: