Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1035, 1036, 1037 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Every injury is different but Marcus Smart will be out until after the break with his calf strain. Hopefully AD comes back fully healthy and not timid.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:50 pm    Post subject:

We should be able to make the playoffs without him and guys like Kuz + Morris + Harrell could appreciate the PT.

Just rest the man, bring him back 1-2 months from playoffs. He is our future.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:38 am    Post subject:

I miss this dude already

BTW, mods, I want to change my username... Please check my messages.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject:

AD was coasting, as well on offense like Bron is. Too many jumpers, But even so, these games and the Detroit game show how badly old regular season Bron needed a superstar (and not even just a 2nd star).

Ingram and those guys were gonna be awesome support guys, but to win, Bron needed that 2nd star that can do major work on both ends, D and O. This is what AD is. Even this season, AD is probably at 70-80% of himself with the injury he was dealing with, and without him, Bron led teams have lost to Detroit, Washington, Miami, BRK. You may wanna count the Denver game as well, since with AD we were up in that one.

We just gotta get to the tournament (playoffs) in a healthy peak fashion. That is the only goal now, really. The short turnaround, it as always gonna screw with our stars. I thought by adding Dennis and Trez we would have an elite bench, but so far we have not had that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
AD was coasting, as well on offense like Bron is. Too many jumpers, But even so, these games and the Detroit game show how badly old regular season Bron needed a superstar (and not even just a 2nd star).

Ingram and those guys were gonna be awesome support guys, but to win, Bron needed that 2nd star that can do major work on both ends, D and O. This is what AD is. Even this season, AD is probably at 70-80% of himself with the injury he was dealing with, and without him, Bron led teams have lost to Detroit, Washington, Miami, BRK. You may wanna count the Denver game as well, since with AD we were up in that one.

We just gotta get to the tournament (playoffs) in a healthy peak fashion. That is the only goal now, really. The short turnaround, it as always gonna screw with our stars. I thought by adding Dennis and Trez we would have an elite bench, but so far we have not had that.

If ds were playing we win last games and the loss to nets is in rear view.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:28 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

100%, I do wanna see the role players ball out in reg season tho, need to start hitting these 3s
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

100%, I do wanna see the role players ball out in reg season tho, need to start hitting these 3s

KCP is starting to look better, Wes not so much.

I’m not really sure what Morris is bringing to the team at the moment. His unbelievable 3 point shooting from the finals has disappeared.

Without AD and DS teams are just building a wall on LBJ and forcing our other players to beat them. Unfortunately we don’t have anyone right now that they have to really worry about.

We just need a couple of guys who knock down threes and make the defense not clog the middle for LBJ.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

Ring years jade me. Obviously I like to win every game but if you told me we’re the 8 seed but healthy I would not sweat a thing. Our road team is dominant and home losses are usually due to focus.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Agreed. Just get the 8th seed because we will have to play the top team (Utah or the Clippers) at some point anyway.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

I would be surprised if we fell more than 5-6. I think we just need one good month, with AD and Bron. This team is that talented, a good month and they can probably go entire month without losing a game, or dropping just 1 game.

So just get AD healthy, keep Bron fresh.

What we need to focus is on getting that 2nd unit around Trez going. When Dennis gets back, we need to run a ton of Dennis/Trez sceen/rolls to see if they can develop a formidable attacking game when Bron rests.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Agree
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject:

please for godsake, don't rush him back because we are losing.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
please for godsake, don't rush him back because we are losing.

they wont, and he doesnt seem like a guy who likes to rush back.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Ring years jade me. Obviously I like to win every game but if you told me we’re the 8 seed but healthy I would not sweat a thing. Our road team is dominant and home losses are usually due to focus.

I really don't get how we'd be OK as a low seed. That would mean we'd have a tough first round opponent that could take us to 7 games, versus an easier first round opponent that we could sweep or beat in five games.

Even if there are no fans in the stands for the playoffs, home court still matters because of things like travel, sleep patterns, being with loved ones and practicing and getting treatment at your own facility.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:03 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Agreed. Just get the 8th seed because we will have to play the top team (Utah or the Clippers) at some point anyway.

Hmm I think last year was different because Clips and Lakers were the clear cut top 2 teams. But this year we may be looking at Clips and Jazz (like most I'm still not fearing them come playoffs, but if they do prove to be legit contenders...). So having #1 seed actually is important for us this season, at least that helps us avoid one of them.

But oh well that ship has sailed, judging by the second half schedule we are not sniffing the #1 seed.

And imagine after battling Clips and Jazz, KD and his super friends just waiting for us after they get to coast through the East.. 😆
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakerssbn/status/1365118263638691840?s=21
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:07 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

It must really suck watching the team play like this... or it could be an ego boost.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

I wonder when AD can at least start shooting. Free throws at least.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

So I’m assuming the doctors told AD that he isn’t at risk of having a achillies tendon injury which is the reason for the comments, even if that’s the case I wouldn’t rush him back.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

It's funny how when we first traded for Davis, some on this board didn't really want him because they felt he was soft and wasn't willing to play through pain. Now we know he's more than willing to play through pain, but it's become a concern because of this injury.

Can we give Davis the credit he deserves for being tough and wanting to play even when he's not 100% (in general, not necessarily right now)?
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Clipps lost to the Grizz

Nuggets lost to the Wizards

No need to rush AD ......... the German cavalry is about to arrive, and we will be just fine.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject:

So it looks like AD might be the MVP of the league. Lakers can't win a game without him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I trust Judy Seto more than anyone on this. She knows the severity of Achilles injuries through her experience with Kobe and Kobe also said he is THE best when he was on All the Smoke.

Let AD be fully back for safety reasons but also for level of play reasons. I don't want to see him half stepping out there.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
So it looks like Dennis might be the MVP of the Lakers. Lakers can't win a game without him.

Fixed. We 0-4 without the menace
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject:

AD does so many things on both ends that the stats do not reflect. Just as a partner in crime for Bron, there is no one else in his career who has complemented him better.

Last year when AD went out, we could rely a little on Dwight to step up on the glass and on D. And I recall Rondo have some big RS games when AD was out.

This year is a bit different. We do not have that bench player that can take control of a game when Bron sits, and we do not have another dominant big guy on D who can do some of what AD does for us on defense. Thus, we really miss him a ton more than last year.

However if we did have Dennis, we should be better and will be better when we get him back. But it can not be like last year, because we just do not have the same pieces defensively (Dwight) or off the bench (Rondo, ever once in 3 games) to take over for some of what AD gives.

A lot of this is caused by us not having an elite bench, even though we have the talent to have it. You got Dennis, Kuz, Trez, THT. 4 guys like that, your bench should be the best in the NBA. Kills me that we do not get elite bench play despite having the talent for it. Really poor job this season by us in developing our bench. Having Caruso lead our bench, when we have much better players capable to do it, I hope we figure that out during this time AD sits. It is a great time to get our bench where it needs to be, for the playoffs. Bron is not playing 48 min, so those 10-12 minutes he sits, you gotta run very strong potent offense lineups with Trez, Kuz, Dennis, THT etc. A lot of running, gunning, aggressive fastbteaking active basketball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1035, 1036, 1037 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1036 of 1425
Jump to: