LAL - CLE TRADE IDEA

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: LAL - CLE TRADE IDEA

Lakers Trade
Lamar Odom
Kwame Brown
Maurice Evans

to Cleveland
for:

Zydrunas Ilgauskas
Drew Gooden
Eric Snow

We get a solid starting PG for the triangle in Eric Snow, a starting Center that can play down low AND hit outside jumpers AND can pass from the post. AND we get a mid-range jump-shooting Power Forward that goes after rebounds.

All positive things.

Cleveland gets to shift their half court style to a more uptempo style of play, which would benefit both LeBron and Lamar. Kwame can fill the void at the Center spot, which in an uptempo offense doesn't require him to have a low post game. Mo Evans' perimeter defense makes up for the loss of Eric Snow.

Would either team do this and why? Why not?
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject:

No, because they'd only have Gibson as the PG. Plus, Snow is just about done and can't hit the side of the Earth. Cleveland would get the worst part of the deal.

Last edited by LuxuryBrown on Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony Almeida
Retired

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't do that if I were the Lakers.

Z is really looking old, more slow and lethargic than ever. He's had surgery on both knees IIRC and he is on the downside of his career at this point IMO.

Snow is good to have as a vet on the bench, not much more, I wouldn't deal away Evans for him straight up at this point.

Gooden is decent to good when he wants to be (where have I heard that before? Oh right, almost every single freakin Laker aside from Kobe). We will have daily threads bashing this guy for not pulling down boards on certain nights, or "why the hell did Gooden take THAT shot?!". Not enough focus from this guy.

We can get alot more for a Kwame/LO package, hell Kwame/Farmar/garbage/picks might bring in Kidd, I'd like to think we could do better with LO/Kwame.

That's what I think anyways.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Well they have Damon Jones, but you're right they would be thin at the PG. Throw in Farmar or Sasha then.

I thought this trade was even, under the assumption that Cleveland wants to start transitioning to a fast-breaking team.

Lamar and Kwame are our two best players after Kobe. If the Cavs wouldn't trade Drew Gooden and Z for them, they can't hold that much value around the league.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Guess that shows you and I how much we differ in valuing our players LB.

I still have tons of faith in LO, and believe Kwame will come back from injury to heavily contribute come playoff time.

Z, althouh a solid contributor this season, is on his last legs and could go any second, Snow is almost worthless, and Drew Gooden would be nice if not for the fact we have our own Drew Gooden in Ronny Touriaf who just doesn't get the same playing time.

No deal from my standpoint.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost

Last edited by LakerSanity on Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Horrible trade for the Lakers. Both: talent wise and contracts wise.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject:

I can't see "Z" coming to LA. He would be a starting center for a team that is desperate enough to take on his contract and hope he doesn't get hurt. The Lakers already have their man in the middle, and they shouldn't deal Odom to have a luxury of two talented centers that aren't PFs. The ideal player that I'd love to see them add would be Larry Hughes, but his contract is too big.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
Horrible trade for the Lakers. Both: talent wise and contracts wise.

Well talent wise you're wrong. For how talented Lamar Odom is, his inconsistent play brings him down. I would rather have 3 very solid players that are consistent than 3 very athletic guys that dissappear every other game. And to be fair, "Z" is 1000 times more talented that Kwame Brown.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: