Official MONTREZL "6th Man of Year" HARRELL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
We can’t let this guy walk next summer he’s been 1 of the reasons why we have been winning these grind out games, the FO needs to work something out.

Unfortunately we have no control over that unless he wants to take less for 1 year or 2

If he wants to be here which all indications are.. yes then he will find a here to be here...
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We can’t let this guy walk next summer he’s been 1 of the reasons why we have been winning these grind out games, the FO needs to work something out.

Yup...Don’t need a repeat of the Dwight Howard debacle.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject:

BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Totally different situation, lakers can offer him 11 mil at most, so it’s up to him if he gets a higher offer elsewhere
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike Trudell ( a t ) LakersReporter
Vogel said Harrell was evaluated for a concussion after taking that shot in the second half, but he was cleared.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:53 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Mike Trudell (@) LakersReporter
Vogel said Harrell was evaluated for a concussion after taking that shot in the second half, but he was cleared.

Good to hear that! Trez looked pretty shook up. I echo RJ's color comment about checking whether Kuz should get a flagrant for that one.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

Glad to hear he's alright.

He's very valuable to our team and the best backup center in the league.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Totally different situation, lakers can offer him 11 mil at most, so it’s up to him if he gets a higher offer elsewhere

Yeah, unless he accepts a much lower salary again he's almost guaranteed to be gone if we're being realistic and most of us knew this when they signed him to his current deal so no huge surprise there. Dennis is probably the first of the remaining guys to get a new deal so he's the safest if he accepts whatever they plan on offering later this month.

It will be interesting what Dennis and ESPECIALLY THT and Caruso demand since these 2 will be getting massive raises regardless, it's just a matter of how much.

I'd love to keep Trez and I hope they find a way to do it but looking at the numbers it just does not seem very realistic at all unless we move Dennis or KCP for a much cheaper contract but even then there is still going to be some very tough decisions made in the upcoming off season.

It's why i'm just trying to enjoy this season as much as possible and hope they can win it all again because it will only get much tougher next season imo.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Yeah, unless he accepts a much lower salary again he's almost guaranteed to be gone if we're being realistic and most of us knew this when they signed him to his current deal so no huge surprise there. Dennis is probably the first of the remaining guys to get a new deal so he's the safest if he accepts whatever they plan on offering later this month.

It will be interesting what Dennis and ESPECIALLY THT and Caruso demand since these 2 will be getting massive raises regardless, it's just a matter of how much.

I'd love to keep Trez and I hope they find a way to do it but looking at the numbers it just does not seem very realistic at all unless we move Dennis or KCP for a much cheaper contract but even then there is still going to be some very tough decisions made in the upcoming off season.

It's why i'm just trying to enjoy this season as much as possible and hope they can win it all again because it will only get much tougher next season imo.

We don’t own his bird right, and that’s the biggest issue. We own bird rights of Ds,THT, AC.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Clippers are blowing out the cavs WITHOUT Kawhi and PG
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Clippers are blowing out the cavs WITHOUT Kawhi and PG

so what's your point?
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

I didn’t like this signing from the beginning especially after knowing Dwight’s departure has a lot to do with it. But to be honest, we have not maximised his strength whilst his his weakness has been exposed due to our roster construction and an unhealthy AD.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
hype wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
BruceLee-Bron23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

We don’t own his bird right, and that’s the biggest issue. We own bird rights of Ds,THT, AC.

Which is why I said he has to accept a lower salary again.

I think the biggest issue by far will be the possibly massive amount they'll be over the salary cap. I have no doubt Jeanie and company will go over to keep a Championship team but how much? Only time will tell on this one (outside of Dennis possibly being reupped soon), everything else is simply assumption. Like I said, i'm hoping for the best and who knows what kind of unknown moves Rob is looking at as well. I think we'll be fine, just different then this season.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

If Kuz keeps it up, FO might not want to splurge on both him and Trez, they'll pick one and go get a cheap back up big
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
If Kuz keeps it up, FO might not want to splurge on both him and Trez, they'll pick one and go get a cheap back up big

They don't have to worry about Kuzma getting a bigger contract for 3 more seasons.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't he have a player option?

If he opt in, he will be back.
If he opt out, he is gone.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Just watched a bit of JJ hosting Randle on his podcast, which got me thinking.. would you guys take Julius or Trez on this team right now, considering the fit and all?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Another Double-Double effort by Trez:

18 points (7-12FG), 10 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 assist.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject:

As soon as we sign Cousins or another bigman to compliment Gasol, we can use Montrez at the power forward position as a backup to AD. Montrez's natural position is PF, not center. His defense suffers because he's playing out of position.

Once we get to the post season, during those games when we need AD at the center spot, a front court of Lebron at the small, Montrez at the power, and AD a center could be devastating both offensively and defensively.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject:

I wasn’t feeling Vogel’s ot rotation but he has forgotten more basketball than me or anyone else could imagine knowing
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

I'll have to watch the team defense/rotations more closely, because Vogel pulling him late in the 4Q and OT was a mistake on the surface. We were struggling to score and it's not like the Lopez brother is really good enough to hurt us that much.

It's not the first time either. Trezz sometimes struggles against size but the guy is a scoring machine and hustles his ass off, we need him out there.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I'll have to watch the team defense/rotations more closely, because Vogel pulling him late in the 4Q and OT was a mistake on the surface. We were struggling to score and it's not like the Lopez brother is really good enough to hurt us that much.

It's not the first time either. Trezz sometimes struggles against size but the guy is a scoring machine and hustles his ass off, we need him out there.

Lopez was their 3rd(4th) string center, and Vogel was worried about him??? it just makes no sense
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
Just watched a bit of JJ hosting Randle on his podcast, which got me thinking.. would you guys take Julius or Trez on this team right now, considering the fit and all?

Randle > Trez at this point because he's turned into a good three point shooter, and can give you similar offense down low with better rebounding. He's also paid a lot more though and I'm not sure he'd be content with a reduced role. But for those who haven't been following he's averaging 23/11/5.5 this season and shooting 41% from three while taking 4.5 per game. He's taken his game to another level this season. I don't think there's any route for them to get him though.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

His offense is so crucial to this team that I think Vogel should design a defensive strategy to hide his weakness
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
His offense is so crucial to this team that I think Vogel should design a defensive strategy to hide his weakness

Yea, let him play the rebounding 4, not the shot blocking 5
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:

That’s easy. Stop letting him guard bigger guys
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 41 of 66
Jump to: