Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:
troy wrote:
leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:
I thought he looked decent moving his feet vs Heat, don't remember Adebayo dominating inside at all, drop couple threes too, we need conor arm flailing nasty Marc out there, get your confidence up big man!

So basically unlike DH and McGee who were unplayable in the playoffs, Marc is playable. He played decent for teams who have faster big men like Nets and Heat. He allso defended bigger big men decently like Jokic, Embiid and Valanciunas. He's just have a hard time vs big stretch big men like Aldridge and Horford. Maybe when AD get back his A game in defense , Lakers will not have a problem at all in the defensive end with Gasol getting better plus 100% AD.

Wrong on too many levels, but I'm trying not to go there over and over and over again.

Against Jokic, Embiid or Valanciunas he's very playable and would give us valuable minutes. Not much to even debate in those matchups. In the majority of other matchups I can see him getting very limited to no minutes though depending on a ton of variables.

He is saying that I was wrong without proper data to back it up.. lol
He didnt even know that McGee and Dwight got benched most of the games in the playoffa

First 4 points in the paint including Wagner....anyone surprised? lmao how embarrassing Gasol is

And you forget to mention 2 blocks and 2 challenges after that? Also a 4 point play.

And numerous points in the paint by the Wizards. And he missed his next 3 three pointers....team is so much better with him on the bench and Trezz playing it’s not even funny.

What’s not funny is that our recent loses have little to do with him, and people still blame him for everything.
KUZ went 5/16, not a (bleep) word
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Trez should have been in the game sometime in OT. He was scoring. Marc was decent as he could be for a done as (bleep) old dude on defense, but our entire offense in the last half of the fourth and OT was literally Lebron creating something out of nothing while everyone else tried to avoid any kind of shot creation. Trez at least is willing to try and to get his.
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Gasol is horrible.

He should be coming off the bench in limited minutes.

Ive seen enough.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:42 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:
troy wrote:
leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:
I thought he looked decent moving his feet vs Heat, don't remember Adebayo dominating inside at all, drop couple threes too, we need conor arm flailing nasty Marc out there, get your confidence up big man!

So basically unlike DH and McGee who were unplayable in the playoffs, Marc is playable. He played decent for teams who have faster big men like Nets and Heat. He allso defended bigger big men decently like Jokic, Embiid and Valanciunas. He's just have a hard time vs big stretch big men like Aldridge and Horford. Maybe when AD get back his A game in defense , Lakers will not have a problem at all in the defensive end with Gasol getting better plus 100% AD.

Wrong on too many levels, but I'm trying not to go there over and over and over again.

Against Jokic, Embiid or Valanciunas he's very playable and would give us valuable minutes. Not much to even debate in those matchups. In the majority of other matchups I can see him getting very limited to no minutes though depending on a ton of variables.

He didnt even know that McGee and Dwight got benched most of the games in the playoffa

First 4 points in the paint including Wagner....anyone surprised? lmao how embarrassing Gasol is

And you forget to mention 2 blocks and 2 challenges after that? Also a 4 point play.

And numerous points in the paint by the Wizards. And he missed his next 3 three pointers....team is so much better with him on the bench and Trezz playing it’s not even funny.

What’s not funny is that our recent loses have little to do with him, and people still blame him for

It’s low easy teams score in the paint. Get it! He’s a joke an embarrassment! I don’t even care of the 2 missed free throws. He can’t move his feet. Put him in a PNR and it’s over! Chases everyone from behind. In can’t say it enough. HES A. BIG NOTHING!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:44 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
leking006 wrote:
hype wrote:
troy wrote:
leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

What’s not funny is that our recent loses have little to do with him, and people still blame him for

It’s low easy teams score in the paint. Get it! He’s a joke an embarrassment! I don’t even care of the 2 missed free throws. He can’t move his feet. Put him in a PNR and it’s over! Chases everyone from behind. In can’t say it enough. HES A. BIG NOTHING!

Well, what can I say, enjoy him being your starting center until the playoffs at least
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Marc Gasol last 10 Games

6.6 PPG
3.6 REB
2.0 AST
1.5 BLK
45% Field Goal
43% Three Pointer
22.5 MPG
(Source: MJST in another thread)

That is some good stuff, a little bright spot while the team is in a bad stretch
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Marc Gasol last 10 Games

6.6 PPG
3.6 REB
2.0 AST
1.5 BLK
45% Field Goal
43% Three Pointer
22.5 MPG
(Source: MJST in another thread)

That is some good stuff, a little bright spot while the team is in a bad stretch

Even though I think Gasol has left his better days, I would love to see Vogel use him more on the block as a scorer. Give him some plays and put some pressure on the defensive center. This guy was a pretty good scorer inside and out.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Gasol is here as basically our last option offensively. It's how he's being used.

So his goal is primarily to hit threes, make smart passes, play a small role and play defense. That's what he's doing.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Gasol is here as basically our last option offensively. It's how he's being used.

So his goal is primarily to hit threes, make smart passes, play a small role and play defense. That's what he's doing.

He and Lebron has the highest Net Rating for the Lakers this past 4 losses. It is harrell who got exposed in that span. Gasol was actually doing a good job. He even hitting his 3pt shots this past 10 games at 43% while the rest of the team is 27%.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

His defense looked pretty good today, moves feet, blocking/altering shots... maybe GS bigs just bad too tho
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:50 pm    Post subject:

He was basically the reason we put the puddle on the Warriors from the start, nice game Gasol
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
His defense looked pretty good today, moves feet, blocking/altering shots... maybe GS bigs just bad too tho

He's doing a good job the past 10 games now actually.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

I think so, could it be he’s getting in shape, keep it up Marc!
mintberrycrunch
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
leking006 wrote:
governator wrote:

I think so, could it be he’s getting in shape, keep it up Marc!

Great passes today too!
windycitycane
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Hit some threes as well. I will gladly continue to eat crow as he hopefully continues to improve.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Him starting with DS also makes up some of the inabilities of DS having a great court vision
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Him starting with DS also makes up some of the inabilities of DS having a great court vision

That's also one of his role, create spacing for DS and Lebron. It's easier for those 2 to drive to the basket with Gasol bringing the opponents C outside the paint, speciallu now that Gasol is hitting those 3 consistently.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Well, it is somewhat difficult to miss the 🗻 mountain.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

As I’ve said before, even though he’s done, Marc has been fine this season. People blamed him too much. He’s had his bad moments, but mostly he’s done well in his role of being a big body in the paint and a good position defender. Good to see him knocking down some threes over the last month or so. He isn’t a guy we can play for 30 minutes a game, but for limited minutes he’s playable, which is more than can be said for one of our centers from last season.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
As I’ve said before, even though he’s done, Marc has been fine this season. People blamed him too much. He’s had his bad moments, but mostly he’s done well in his role of being a big body in the paint and a good position defender. Good to see him knocking down some threes over the last month or so. He isn’t a guy we can play for 30 minutes a game, but for limited minutes he’s playable, which is more than can be said for one of our centers from last season.

He actually lead the team in 3pt shooting the last 12 games now with almost 2 made 3pt shots per game at 42%. Opposing big guys really need to guard him outside the paint or else they will get burned like what he did today hitting those 3s early in the game.
mintberrycrunch
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:30 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:

Javale
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Since AD went down..

8.1ppg
46% 3fg
1.6bpg
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Defense has been borderline elite lately too.. Even when he gets beat by speed he uses his high iq and quick hands to either alter the shot or strip the ball without fouling many times. I def. don't think he's "done" at all. He clearly needs his minutes limited though for sure. His passing is getting better as well since he's clearly learning his teammates and the offense.

The much needed 3 ball falling has been a game changer though since that kills the opposing teams defense since most do not want to bring there center out of the paint to worry about Gasol. He just looks so much more comfortable out there, I rarely see him hesitate lately and even have a few possessions where he does some work in the paint which is great to see especially while AD is out.

We mostly needed that extra athletic big which hopefully Jones can be in limited minutes. All he has to do is play close to McGee's level which isn't asking that much at all tbh with this roster under Vogel and company.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

He actually lead the team in 3pt shooting the last 12 games now with almost 2 made 3pt shots per game at 42%. Opposing big guys really need to guard him outside the paint or else they will get burned like what he did today hitting those 3s early in the game.

Yeah, like for tonight, do you want Ayton waiting in the paint to block LBJ and DS or you want him outside guarding gasol?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
leking006 wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Yeah, like for tonight, do you want Ayton waiting in the paint to block LBJ and DS or you want him outside guarding gasol?

I've been Gasol's worse critic....but he has played better the last few games especially his last game was very solid....I'm biased because I love athletic bigs that can run the floor, play D, block shots and catch lobs. Most of the things Gasol can't do...but he is smart, plays position D, good passer and can hit an occasional 3....Just hope he keeps getting better and if we need an athletic big we have Jones.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 36 of 65
Jump to: