Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1037, 1038, 1039 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
He's return will depend on our standing after 2 weeks... If we have a nice cushion we need to keep holding him out even if he says he's ready to play.

Basically what the Nets are doing with KD.

KD gets to rest the AS game despite Nash saying he'd be back pre-AS break. Pretty frustrating given Lebron could probably use the rest even more.

Then James should rest during the ASG break.

How the League continues to play a mid season exhibition game is ridiculous.

Especially since the “shortest off season ever” has effected multiple teams.

Take a fine, milk an injury, miss his flight, play 1 min of the first practice and claim he has a headache. Do whatever it takes to not waste an ounce of energy on this. Save it for the games that count.

If only it is that easy. No way Lebron can get away from criticism from freaking media if he do that, but other players like KD and Kyrie will get a pass.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
He's return will depend on our standing after 2 weeks... If we have a nice cushion we need to keep holding him out even if he says he's ready to play.

Basically what the Nets are doing with KD.

KD gets to rest the AS game despite Nash saying he'd be back pre-AS break. Pretty frustrating given Lebron could probably use the rest even more.

Then James should rest during the ASG break.

How the League continues to play a mid season exhibition game is ridiculous.

Especially since the “shortest off season ever” has effected multiple teams.

Take a fine, milk an injury, miss his flight, play 1 min of the first practice and claim he has a headache. Do whatever it takes to not waste an ounce of energy on this. Save it for the games that count.

If only it is that easy. No way Lebron can get away from criticism from freaking media if he do that, but other players like KD and Kyrie will get a pass.

Yeah, the drama alone from it is probably more exhausting to him then just playing in the game and trying to just make the best of it since it is what it is at this point.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:33 pm    Post subject:

I dont see a big problem in that ASG. He need to come there, play 15 min, take few shots and thats it. Stars like to have AS appearances and he will not miss it. There is no contact in that game anyway and I am sure players will take is even more easier this time. Not a big deal really. People are exaggerating way too much. I was thinking about Bron obviously. It was discussion above.

Last edited by blackmamba08 on Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Booker's replaced him in the ASG I believe.
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:11 am    Post subject:

Lakers 3-6 since AD went down. Without AD the Lakers are pretty much a lottery team. Besides LeBron doing everything he can no one has stepped up. Very disappointing. With AD probably not back until April you can hope they can at least play .500.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:
Lakers 3-6 since AD went down. Without AD the Lakers are pretty much a lottery team. Besides LeBron doing everything he can no one has stepped up. Very disappointing. With AD probably not back until April you can hope they can at least play .500.
4 of those L's were without DS
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Anthony stays off the ruffles and stay somewhat in shape
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:

I believe without AD the Lakers would be a good team, if they traded him for the salary he is making. But one thing is for sure. Guys like Kuz, Dennis and Trez are great bench guys. They play well, and maybe can start in the right situations.

But a star that does what AD is capable to on both ends changes everything. We have seen that this season when AD is out, but we also saw this two years ago with the Ball/Ingram/Kuz + Bron Lakers. You just can’t replace the value of an AD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:

I wonder if there’s any cardio he’s allowed to do that won’t affect the Achilles. Pool workouts or something, god knows the lakers have all the equipment in the world.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

ShowtimeReturns wrote:

Yeah that's what's gonna happen with a team built around two superstars. The guys we could afford after that are role players. 1 superstar + role players is pretty much always a lottery team.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:23 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:

Yeah that's what's gonna happen with a team built around two superstars. The guys we could afford after that are role players. 1 superstar + role players is pretty much always a lottery team.

Honestly, when we signed everybody this summer, I thought our team sans LeBrow was gonna be those bubble 8-10 capable. In my mind Kuz-Trez-DS all 6MOY level, Wes-KCP starter level 3&D snipers, AC-Gasol lockdown defenders, THT the Kobe waiting for Eddie Jones trade... I know I know, pass that good shietz
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:

Honestly, when we signed everybody this summer, I thought our team sans LeBrow was gonna be those bubble 8-10 capable. In my mind Kuz-Trez-DS all 6MOY level, Wes-KCP starter level 3&D snipers, AC-Gasol lockdown defenders, THT the Kobe waiting for Eddie Jones trade... I know I know, pass that good shietz

Well in the beginning of the year when everyone was shooting lights out and Wes had that game with 5 threes I thought this is going to be fun.
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
governator wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:

Well in the beginning of the year when everyone was shooting lights out and Wes had that game with 5 threes I thought this is going to be fun.

Man, I remember that feeling...
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

I wonder if there’s any cardio he’s allowed to do that won’t affect the Achilles. Pool workouts or something, god knows the lakers have all the equipment in the world.

Apparently swimming and even elliptical workouts are possible for injuries like his to maintain his fitness
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

Apparently swimming and even elliptical workouts are possible for injuries like his to maintain his fitness
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:39 pm    Post subject:

I hope he isn't traveling to Atlanta for all-star break. The optics would look pretty bad. Hopefully, he staying in LA to rehab his injury.

Last edited by 32 on Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I hope he isn't traveling to Atlanta for all-star break. The optics would look pretty bad. Hopefully, he stayed in LA to rehab his injury.

I thought you had to be in attendance ?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
32 wrote:
I hope he isn't traveling to Atlanta for all-star break. The optics would look pretty bad. Hopefully, he stayed in LA to rehab his injury.

That doesn't make any sense if you are injured.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:
32 wrote:

That doesn't make any sense if you are injured.

Yea I don’t see anywhere where that’s true. Sorry I thought I heard that on a podcast.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:

1 superstar with role players is pretty much always a playoff team. A superstar is supposed to have that type of impact.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ShowtimeReturns wrote:

1 superstar with role players is pretty much always a playoff team. A superstar is supposed to have that type of impact.

not when 30+ million of salary is sitting out and not to mention several other major role players have been in/out during much of that stretch as well.

that kind of record is exactly what can happen. we were in them all though outside of the Jazz game. still clear top contenders when healthy though so that's all that really matters.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

I'll say this again, I was surprised to see AD play as many regular season games as he did last season and this season is what I expected in terms of him being injured. I don't believe he's ever played a full regular season! With that being said, I'd prefer him rested and ready for the playoffs without injury or excuse. The FO needs to better the team and that's all that needs to be said and done. It's easy to see LBJ is carrying a bunch of inconsistent role-players and we can't wear down our thoroughbred!!!

KCP + Wes Matthews + Antetokounmpo + Cacok all need to Go!

We need a Starting Center who can block shots and score in the post. Move Gasol to a bench role where he can thrive as a play-maker and have Trez play the four spot!

D.Jones and A.McKinnie will be better than 3 of the players that I said can go, given more minutes and opportunity. Jones is a project, but one that would be worth it, given his physical makeup, athleticism, attitude and demeanor.

Get some solid vets from the Buyout Market and create a package starting with KCP. I believe right now the core of our team is of course LBJ and AD, then Schroder, Trez, possibly Kuz, Morris, AC and THT. Anyone else can be packaged in a deal.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
I'll say this again, I was surprised to see AD play as many regular season games as he did last season and this season is what I expected in terms of him being injured. I don't believe he's ever played a full regular season! With that being said, I'd prefer him rested and ready for the playoffs without injury or excuse. The FO needs to better the team and that's all that needs to be said and done. It's easy to see LBJ is carrying a bunch of inconsistent role-players and we can't wear down our thoroughbred!!!

KCP + Wes Matthews + Antetokounmpo + Cacok all need to Go!

We need a Starting Center who can block shots and score in the post. Move Gasol to a bench role where he can thrive as a play-maker and have Trez play the four spot!

D.Jones and A.McKinnie will be better than 3 of the players that I said can go, given more minutes and opportunity. Jones is a project, but one that would be worth it, given his physical makeup, athleticism, attitude and demeanor.

Get some solid vets from the Buyout Market and create a package starting with KCP. I believe right now the core of our team is of course LBJ and AD, then Schroder, Trez, possibly Kuz, Morris, AC and THT. Anyone else can be packaged in a deal.

Hmmm

Kcp+wes+trez+1st rnd pick for lavine+wcj works 😅
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

Just to add, WCJ really fits the archetype of AD’s ideal frontcourt partner—can protect the rim and switch in the perimeter, does not need the ball a lot, can stretch the floor, can post up a bit and can be a lob threat.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:54 am    Post subject:

What 1st round pick?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1037, 1038, 1039 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1038 of 1425
Jump to: