Am I the Only 1 Not Watching The All-Star Festivities?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Go4thaGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:25 pm    Post subject: Am I the Only 1 Not Watching The All-Star Festivities?

I strongly feel that having the Allstar game this year was a mistake. So though I'd like to see more basketball, I don't feel right supporting it with my time. this year Am I wrong guys?
Go Chargers!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:58 pm    Post subject:

It seems especially pointless and a gross cash grab now, but I'm kind of intrigued to watch the 3pt shooting contest.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

You are not the only 1
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

I couldn't care less about it and don't plan to watch.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Haven't watched a minute of it.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Same, glad to see i'm not the only one.. I used to get excited about it all but lately and especially this year I legitimately have zero interest in any of it. If something remotely exciting happens i'm sure i'll see it 50 times all over the place anyways.

Just happy to see the team get some rest and start re-focusing on hopefully a nice 2nd half run going into the Playoffs which I will be excited about
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Am I the Only 1 Not Watching The All-Star Festivities?

Go4thaGold wrote:
I strongly feel that having the Allstar game this year was a mistake. So though I'd like to see more basketball, I don't feel right supporting it with my time. this year Am I wrong guys?

I haven't watched the All-Star game in over a decade because I'm not interested in it. But I don't see watching it or not as some ethical decision. It's nothing more than entertainment, and I can find better things to do with my time
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:51 am    Post subject:

I seriously forgot about it. With no fans I watch a lot less games in general. I'll get more into it when everything re-opens or the playoff starts.

Now I pretty much just bet on nba games and watch them. Throwing on the occasional lakers game to see how they are playing
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject: Re: Am I the Only 1 Not Watching The All-Star Festivities?

activeverb wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

I haven't watched the All-Star game in over a decade because I'm not interested in it. But I don't see watching it or not as some ethical decision. It's nothing more than entertainment, and I can find better things to do with my time

Similar thoughts here. I am just not interested in exhibition games. No issue with those that find it entertaining.

I tend to put ASGs in the same category as award shows. Lots of hype for a whole lot of nothing. To those watching, hope you enjoy.

I just want to see no injuries and a low min total for James. Man should be taking the rest time instead of wasting his energy in a meaningless ASG. JMO
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

Just not interested either. I love the Lakers and always will, but this season feels strange as a whole, not just the ASG.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:18 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
76ers All-Stars Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons are potentially ineligible to play tonight in the NBA All-Star Game due to contact tracing from exposure to a likely COVID-19 positive individual before they arrived to Atlanta, sources tell @TheAthletic
@Stadium

Imagine if all participants cant play the start of second half of the season due to exposure. A risky move by NBA.
Go4thaGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:
Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
76ers All-Stars Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons are potentially ineligible to play tonight in the NBA All-Star Game due to contact tracing from exposure to a likely COVID-19 positive individual before they arrived to Atlanta, sources tell @TheAthletic
@Stadium

Imagine if all participants cant play the start of second half of the season due to exposure. A risky move by NBA.

This is just the start of it smh 🤦‍♂️
Go Chargers!
Go4thaGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Additional test has returned positive for the coronavirus on barber in contact with Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons, sources tell ESPN. League must make decision still, but it is highly unlikely Embiid and Simmons will be cleared to play today.

Go Chargers!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Am I the Only 1 Not Watching The All-Star Festivities?

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Go4thaGold wrote:

Similar thoughts here. I am just not interested in exhibition games. No issue with those that find it entertaining.

I tend to put ASGs in the same category as award shows. Lots of hype for a whole lot of nothing. To those watching, hope you enjoy.

I just want to see no injuries and a low min total for James. Man should be taking the rest time instead of wasting his energy in a meaningless ASG. JMO

I don't quite agree with you.

I don't watch the All-Star game because I think it's boring. And there's no reason to consume entertainment that bores you. But other people like it.

As far as James saving his energy, I consider appearing in the All-Star game part of his job as an entertainer. It's like doing press conferences and other tasks that go along with the job of being an NBA star.

I can understand the argument that they should have canceled the game because of the covid situation.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject:

The All Star Game is dumb in a normal year and especially dumb this year.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

I was surprised they’re having the All-Star game when some of his major stars including this guy name LeBron James quite explicitly expressed their lack of interest in participating in it. I was interested to see how the NBA was going to finesse it and basically they didn’t Adam Silver was just like yeah well and that was that LOL

Anyway I generally watch the All-Star game because I like seeing basketball players play basketball. I particularly like the Skills Challenge and the 3pt Contest (so in a normal year I like Saturday better than Sunday). But it’s just not that serious, it’s an All-Star game. Either watch it or don’t watch it lol. The season will restart in a week.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

Normally the dunk contest is the highlight for me-- but I've never even heard of any of these guys before.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject:

I stopped watching all star stuff for years, I'll just catch the highlights.
I'd probably watch it if it occurred on weekday evening where I can catch it after work. My weekends are too valuable to go out my way to watch it.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject:

As unpopular as I might sound in here I will absolutely watch every thing today. I love basketball plain and simple.

Even though the AS game has produced some of worst defenses we’ve ever seen on a professional level I’m not gonna miss out on a Lebron tomahawk or a Steph step back three EVER! (First time these two will play on the same team tonight)
Best players in the world on one court yeah count me in. 💪🏀🙏

Even in the most worst circumstances our world is dealing with I feel this is a little ray of sunshine. Sure I get most of everyone’s concern whether it’s extra rest for our MVP Lebron or just the moral high ground for all the players and their health and safety during this pandemic.

This is their job and with all the risks being taken Adam Silver is trying his best to bring things back to normal. Basketball brings so much joy to us fans. So why not let these Superstars take a few extra swab tests and a few extra hours hanging out in their hotel suite playing NBA 2K to bring this much needed happiness to the entire world 🙏🌎🙏🌍🙏🌏
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
I love basketball plain and simple. Best players in the world on one court yeah count me in. 💪🏀🙏

That part 💪🏀
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Agree, will not be watching. NBA management showing its true colors, just like they did with the Morey situation. $$$$$$$$$$$$$
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
Agree, will not be watching. NBA management showing its true colors, just like they did with the Morey situation. $$$$$$$$$$$$$

to be fair tho, which American business has said anything/boycott China about China-Uyghur/HK situation?
NBA has actually been pretty progressive as a league
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Not watching any of it.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject:

The two primary reasons for the AS game are to honor the great players of the league and to entertain the fans. Yes, without a doubt, money is a primary reason also, but I truly believe the naysayers, even LeBron, are missing the big picture point. For the most part it's not about the players right now as long as they are safe, it's about the fans.

There are a lot of issues in our country right now. Lock downs, shut-ins, stay at home orders, etc., One of the most enjoyable outlets for our country is sports. Especially the best vs. the best like the Super Bowl.

It's a diversion. A way to keep moving toward a sense of normalcy as the vaxes roll out. A diversion while we get parents back to work and kids return to school. A very lucrative diversion.

Personally, they don't interest me most of the time.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject:

watching NASCAR and drinking boba
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: