In Memory of Kobe Bryant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 160, 161, 162  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
As much respect to Kobe, that logo idea by Kyrie is absurd. If anyone should be the logo, it should be the jumpman Jordan logo. Also did not like the Black Kings built this league nonsense. This is the kind of racist rhetoric that needs to go away

His heart is in the right place but Kyrie isn't much of a thinker (i.e. the earth is flat). Bringing this kind of attention to Kobe's memory can do more harm than good. He really should keep his mouth shut if he thinks basketball started when he remembered seeing it for the first time. There are many special players who have played over the history of the NBA.

Bill Russell has more claim to that honor than anyone.

And Bill Russell is still alive.

So is MJ. Whose jumpman logo is an entity in of itself that defines basketball regardless of being the leagues national logo.

It should be Kobe. That's my take, and I agree with Kyrie. Whatever his reasoning, I agree with the sentiment.

I will always defend the honor of Kobe Bean Bryant.

That is all.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject:

In the middle of the mad scramble I see Kobean. I call him “Kobean” or “Bean” cause his dad is Jellybean. Bean knows what I was going through. I’d been chasing him, been chasing Shaq, been chasing Timmy, been chasing all the legacies, and now the moment is mine. “Congratulations, man,” says Bean. “Enjoy this, cause there ain’t gonna be too many more. I’ll see yo b—h ass next year.” I have to get in my blows, have to say: “We activated now. This ain’t that Minnesota s–t.” “We’ll see.” “Say hi to Vanessa and the kids,” I say. “Love you, my brotha.” “Love you too, dawg.” – via Kevin Garnett @ Bleacher Report
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Well this made me tear up. Has this been posted yet?

Per theREDr

2 / 24 💜💛
“I’ve done @kobe art for literally over 20 years now... but THIS ONE was really hard to do...”

Here is the link to the full animated music video I did with @Jeevodreams celebrating the radiant lives of @kobebryant + Gigi.
#dearkobe #forkobe

https://twitter.com/theredr/status/1366134000859811841?s=21
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject:

Post summer 2003 sports media - "It's going to be hard to refer to Bryant as just Kobe from this point forward after what has transpired"

KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant rookie card, in 'pristine condition,' sells for nearly $1.8 million at auction

Quote:
A Kobe Bryant rookie card sold for $1.795 million late Saturday on Goldin Auctions, an online auction house and repository for sports memorabilia, making it one of the most expensive basketball cards ever sold.

The "1996-97 Topps Chrome Refractors #138 Kobe Bryant Rookie Card -- BGS PRISTINE/Black Label 10" is just one of two in the world "at its level of perfection," according to Goldin Auctions.

The card's condition report had perfect 10s across the board, qualifying it for the prestigious "black label" recognition.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31021531/kobe-bryant-rookie-card-pristine-condition-sells-nearly-18-million-auction

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2021-03-07/rare-kobe-bryant-rookie-card-sells-nearly-1-8-million
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:37 pm    Post subject:

judge rules that cops who shared crash photos will be named

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-03-08/in-win-for-vanessa-bryant-judge-rules-deputies-who-shared-kobe-crash-photos-can-be-named

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:14 pm    Post subject:

A Kobe Rookie Card recently sold for over $24k:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Metal-Precious-Metal-Kobe-Bryant-ROOKIE-RC-181-BGS-9-5-GEM-MINT/353384879340?hash=item52476154ec:g:oWsAAOSw6yBgJYmS
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-03-08/in-win-for-vanessa-bryant-judge-rules-deputies-who-shared-kobe-crash-photos-can-be-named

Karma sucks for horrible human beings. These guys should have gotten as far away from LA as humanly possibly upon being discovered for their sick deeds. And needless to say, as with all criminal cops, they should have been fired immediately for this kind of depraved crap. I hope Vanessa wrecks them in court and on the court of public opinion.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
C M B wrote:

Karma sucks for horrible human beings. These guys should have gotten as far away from LA as humanly possibly upon being discovered for their sick deeds. And needless to say, as with all criminal cops, they should have been fired immediately for this kind of depraved crap. I hope Vanessa wrecks them in court and on the court of public opinion.

Horrible, horrible depraved pieces of crap humanoids.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:20 am    Post subject:

**** those guys. They should be entitled to as much respect and privacy as they afforded the victims and their families when they took and posted pictures of the deceased - none.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Y'all...Vanessa done went scorched Earth on the LA County Sheriff's Dept. Umm...head over to her Instagram.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Y'all...Vanessa done went scorched Earth on the LA County Sheriff's Dept. Umm...head over to her Instagram.

Good for her. F those scumbags. Now lets run them out of LA. Or better yet, into a jail cell.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

Saw videos of Vanessa and Natalia getting some tats to commemorate Kobe and Gianna. Man still seems crazy. That family is so strong. It brings joy and pain watching them move on and navigate through this challenge without them.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject:

Isaiah Thomas wearing No. 24 to honor Kobe
Quote:
Isaiah Thomas recently signed a 10-day contract with the Pelicans. The two-time All-Star has been open about his admiration for Bryant in the past, saying he started playing basketball because of the Los Angeles Lakers legend.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/2146692/isaiah-thomas-wearing-no-24-to-honor-kobe
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:25 am    Post subject:

Girl with cerebral palsy gets to meet Kobe and Vince Carter

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

all this reminiscing over Kobe's final game is simultaneously awesome and sad.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:46 am    Post subject:

This Julius Randle story about Kobe Bryant is going viral

Quote:
When Randle was fresh out of the University of Kentucky, Bryant emphasized the importance of getting shots up above all else when you arrive in a new NBA city. It did not matter how tired you may have been getting off the plane, it was all about putting in the work to get better. Randle took this to heart and has his Knicks teammates buying into this philosophy in his breakout season.

Quote:
In a year since Bryant's tragic passing, his legacy lives on in ways that continue to inspire us all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/this-julius-randle-story-about-kobe-bryant-is-going-viral/ar-BB1fBVIG?ocid=msedgdhp
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

Michael Jordan will present Kobe Bryant in the 2020 Naismith Hall of Fame
Quote:
Shams Charania. @ShamsCharania

Michael Jordan will present Kobe Bryant in the 2020 Naismith Hall of Fame
@Hoophall induction ceremony on May 15. Full list of inductees and presenters:

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1382742078531198986
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject:

Vanessa Bryant Marks What Would Have Been Her 20th Wedding Anniversary With Kobe

Quote:
Vanessa also shared a montage of videos of herself and Kobe throughout the years, writing, "I love you for now, forever and for always @kobebryant ❤️❤️."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/vanessa-bryant-marks-what-would-have-been-her-20th-wedding-anniversary-with-kobe/ar-BB1fMG7y?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnb7Kz
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject:

After learning from Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, Jordan Clarkson thriving as Jazz sixth man

Quote:
“I remember him just really getting upset,” Clarkson said. “You’ve seen him come out of his skin and grill us a little bit. But from that point on, I felt all of us had a different look at everything with what we wanted to do. That’s probably, in terms of development, a little wake-up call.”

Clarkson described playing with Bryant as a “blessing” because he provided honest criticism, consistent work habits and willingly shared tips. They stayed close enough that Clarkson worked out at Bryant’s training academy last year shortly before his passing. The Lakers liked Clarkson enough with his play and how he accepted a reserve role following his first two seasons to grant him a four-year, $50 million extension. So much that former Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson often predicted Clarkson would win the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year. But through the following three years, the Lakers broke up their young roster to create enough cap space to sign James as a free agent.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/after-learning-from-kobe-bryant-and-lebron-james-jordan-clarkson-thriving-as-jazz-sixth-man/ar-BB1fOlD1?ocid=mailsignout&li=BBnbfcL
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:04 pm    Post subject:

We miss you Kobe
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:14 pm    Post subject:

10 years ago today

Kobe dunked on the Hornets twice

GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
10 years ago today

Kobe dunked on the Hornets twice

He was an artist bro. damn.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject:

I went art gallery hopping today with some friends and I almost passed out when I turned the corner and saw this piece. It’s a significant sized piece and the detail is incredible.

MR. WASH Kobe Painting @ Jeffrey Deitch Gallery LA
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Gianna's 15th birthday would have been today.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/vanessa-bryant-gianna-birthday-154947494.html
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 160, 161, 162  Next
Page 145 of 162
Jump to: