Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1038, 1039, 1040 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:32 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
What 1st round pick?

I think we only have 1 tradeable frp lol
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Any hints or reports on when Anthony is good to go for full contact practice?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:

Nope
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Wonder how many games until he’s back.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:10 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:

They will evaluate him soon, which means probably another MRI, and then after that make a call. I would not even think about him playing for at least 2 more weeks, and somewhere in the 4 week range is when I think he would be 100%. It is the most important thing for this team right now, to get AD 100% healthy and fresh for the playoff run. Even if we have him for 12-14 games before the postseason begins, they can get some cohesion and some practice time together in games. Bron, AD, Caruso, KCP, Kieff - they've all started and been here for a title run, and Kuz was off the bench player last postseason for the title run. There is some chemistry there for those 6 players returning. Just need to get Gasol, Trez, Dennis on the same page with the returning players. Once we go all out intensity wise with a full roster that has AD/Bron, I think this will be a game changer for us.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject:

The rumors have been saying the end of March. Hard to stomach another month worth of games without him.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:24 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
The rumors have been saying the end of March. Hard to stomach another month worth of games without him.

get him healthy, we'll be fine, can see D.Jones more
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

They will evaluate him soon, which means probably another MRI, and then after that make a call. I would not even think about him playing for at least 2 more weeks, and somewhere in the 4 week range is when I think he would be 100%. It is the most important thing for this team right now, to get AD 100% healthy and fresh for the playoff run. Even if we have him for 12-14 games before the postseason begins, they can get some cohesion and some practice time together in games. Bron, AD, Caruso, KCP, Kieff - they've all started and been here for a title run, and Kuz was off the bench player last postseason for the title run. There is some chemistry there for those 6 players returning. Just need to get Gasol, Trez, Dennis on the same page with the returning players. Once we go all out intensity wise with a full roster that has AD/Bron, I think this will be a game changer for us.

The silver lining to me of his injury is he’s getting the rest the offseason didn’t afford him. For the Lakers to still be top 3 despite losing him has been a pretty admirable job by our team.

Certainly there were some games we should have won (Sac, Mia, Was) but all in all to lose DS for a portion and AD and maintain pretty high position is still a reason for optimism as is AD’s rest.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

Yeah, ahaider. Just got to stay within striking range (3-4 games) of 2-3 seed. If we even slip to 5, as I expect is a possibility, it is not so far off from where if you have 2 good weeks you can get back there. The entire thing needs to be planned and set up in a way where the Lakers are peaking in late April to early May.

This is not a bubble situation where guys have to play themselves into shape again. This is about managing a long season now after a short turnaround. I hope we get a healthy AD, because IMO a healthy AD and Bron = best duo in the NBA, by far.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:15 am    Post subject:

The KD situation makes me want to keep AD out extra extra time.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Max franchise player. If he needs to sit out until playoffs, got to do it to preserve future seasons.

Imo some of it is the Nets just stalling with KD, but some do believe there is a legit hamstring issue or something they are keeping private.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:27 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Max franchise player. If he needs to sit out until playoffs, got to do it to preserve future seasons.

Imo some of it is the Nets just stalling with KD, but some do believe there is a legit hamstring issue or something they are keeping private.
I just think he will never be "100%" and i am no MD but he aint built for contact when healthy, now its even more touch and go. If im them I keep him out until playoffs. Get some footing in 1st round and then just play. They shouldnt need him to win a lot of games. HOWEVER if they do this approach and have to play NYK in 1st round that would be real physical and Thibs at the very least will make the nets feel them.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I just think he will never be "100%" and i am no MD but he aint built for contact when healthy, now its even more touch and go. If im them I keep him out until playoffs. Get some footing in 1st round and then just play. They shouldnt need him to win a lot of games. HOWEVER if they do this approach and have to play NYK in 1st round that would be real physical and Thibs at the very least will make the nets feel them.

No doubt. My first 2 sentences were regarding AD, but I get what you are saying about KD and potential physical 1st round matchup.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Halflife wrote:

If the Lakers want to sit AD until the playoffs, they need to go after Porzingis, he would be a great placeholder until AD comes back, plus I think a twin tower of KP and AD can work, wonder if we can entice the Mavericks with a Harrell centered package.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Halflife wrote:

If the Lakers want to sit AD until the playoffs, they need to go after Porzingis, he would be a great placeholder until AD comes back, plus I think a twin tower of KP and AD can work, wonder if we can entice the Mavericks with a Harrell centered package.
great idea. Porzingas is the picture of good health and being available.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Happy Birthday Big Dawg! Get well soon!
Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

The silver lining to me of his injury is he’s getting the rest the offseason didn’t afford him. For the Lakers to still be top 3 despite losing him has been a pretty admirable job by our team.

Certainly there were some games we should have won (Sac, Mia, Was) but all in all to lose DS for a portion and AD and maintain pretty high position is still a reason for optimism as is AD’s rest.

it was a 10 week break after the bubble...thats 2 1/2 months, these athletes are not football players so all of ya stop pretending they didn‘t get enough rest
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Al13 wrote:
ahaider wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

it was a 10 week break after the bubble...thats 2 1/2 months, these athletes are not football players so all of ya stop pretending they didn‘t get enough rest

Ok????????
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:

So in answer to your previous inquiry this is what they said today (full deets in the injury thread)

Per Faigen

Frank Vogel says Anthony Davis is at practice and was able to lift today but will not participate in today's session at all.

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1370162562218696705?s=21

So no contact or anything of the sort yet.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

100% AD coming back at full strength is priority numero uno. If he's not at full strength, no amount of chirping about "rim protection" or this, that and the other is going to make a difference. We're going to get rolled in the playoffs with a hobbled AD.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Kobetan wrote:

So in answer to your previous inquiry this is what they said today (full deets in the injury thread)

Per Faigen

Frank Vogel says Anthony Davis is at practice and was able to lift today but will not participate in today's session at all.

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1370162562218696705?s=21

So no contact or anything of the sort yet.

Thanks TD,, was gonna post this too. Sounds like LBJ will have to carry the load for a while longer
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers star Anthony Davis (calf strain) will be re-evaluated in two weeks.

eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

As long as AD is healthy for the Playoffs. When our roster is healthy we have two top 5 players who can dominate both sides of the floor. Some top players only dominate one side.

When AD is healthy that solves a lot of our rim protector "issues". We haven't seen him healthy this season. His defense wasn't full force like we normally see him.

Schroder/KCP/Caruso swarming and pressuring ball handlers with a healthy AD ready to clean up things on the back end. With a engaged Lebron defensively. As long as we are healthy it's going to take quite an effort to beat us in a 7 game series.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Per Buha

The Lakers' schedule over the next two weeks that they'll be without Anthony Davis (at a minimum):

vs. Indiana
@ Golden State
vs. Minnesota
vs. Charlotte
vs. Atlanta
@ Phoenix
@ New Orleans
vs. Philadelphia
vs. Cleveland

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1370581620273467399?s=21
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Per Buha

The Lakers' schedule over the next two weeks that they'll be without Anthony Davis (at a minimum):

vs. Indiana
@ Golden State
vs. Minnesota
vs. Charlotte
vs. Atlanta
@ Phoenix
@ New Orleans
vs. Philadelphia
vs. Cleveland

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1370581620273467399?s=21

Probably drop the games @ Golden State, @ Suns. I think Embiid will be out for the Philly game. So we pretty much can win (and already won the Indiana game) the rest. Not saying we will, but if Kuz and Dennis step up like they have been, and Trez as well, I think this team is good enough to go 6-3 in that stretch. Or 5-3, since we already won the Indiana game.

It is all about buying time to get AD healthy, and also at the same develop the impact from guys like Dennis, Kuz, Trez.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1038, 1039, 1040 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1039 of 1425
Jump to: