OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Fans usually get frustrated because he can have a good game like last night but then comeback the next game and have 8 points in like 2-8 shooting.. that’s when frustration mounts.

Appreciate his contribution but would anyone be surprised if KCP is traded as part of salary manipulation to keep Schroeder?

He has become so dispensable versus THT, Schroeder, and Caruso etc. Wes has been equally bad but at least costs nothing to keep.

Nope, he will stay. It's stupid to give up a proven playoff performer.

He's slowly getting his groove back, come playoffs time he will be ready.

Last 5 games he is shooting 52.2% from the field, 53.3% on 3pt (8/15)

Last edited by leking006 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Fans usually get frustrated because he can have a good game like last night but then comeback the next game and have 8 points in like 2-8 shooting.. that’s when frustration mounts.

Appreciate his contribution but would anyone be surprised if KCP is traded as part of salary manipulation to keep Schroeder?

He has become so dispensable versus THT, Schroeder, and Caruso etc. Wes has been equally bad but at least costs nothing to keep.

Would a team give up a 1st round pick? Rockets got 2 1st round picks for P.J. Tucker.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

When does he have that FG? He's shooting the lights out this past 5 games.

Last 5 games he is shooting 52.2% from the field (16/29), 53.3% on 3pt (8/15)

He just doesn't have enough attempts. smh

Last edited by leking006 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject:

KCP for Dipo purtty please! Gotta cash him in while he's peaking.

Drummond/Boogie
AD
LBJ
Shro
Dipo

Last edited by MookieBetts50 on Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
KCP for Dipo purtty please! Gotta cash him in while he's peaking.

Jones/Gasol
AD
LBJ
Shro
Dipo

Nope. Dipo is done. injury prone. KCP is better than someone who can't even stay in the game for long stretches.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Pure garbage today.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Is it possible that the 2nd half of last season that he just played way over his head?

How he’s playing this year is pretty how he’s been playing since I’ve started watching him play in a Lakers uniform.

I’m worried his good play was just an extended hot streak
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Is it possible that the 2nd half of last season that he just played way over his head?

How he’s playing this year is pretty how he’s been playing since I’ve started watching him play in a Lakers uniform.

I’m worried his good play was just an extended hot streak
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:05 pm    Post subject:

He looks hurt to me. Doesn’t look like he’s moving like normal KCP.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Once again, KCP plays horribly. Sick and tired of this guy. With our 2 main guns out, we need our role players to at least play average. KCP can't even do that. I don't care about a no-trade clause; either ship him out or plant his ass permanently on the damned bench.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Once again, KCP plays horribly. Sick and tired of this guy. With our 2 main guns out, we need our role players to at least play average. KCP can't even do that. I don't care about a no-trade clause; either ship him out or plant his ass permanently on the damned bench.

It’s tough to watch.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

I have seen a few people mention that he might be hurt.. I don’t buy it.. if he was someone would have gotten a hold of it and report that something was bothering him..
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:42 am    Post subject:

I dont believe he is hurt too. He is just awful player at the moment.
He had some good parts of the last year playoffs but in general I really dont like him as a player. Too many ups and downs for that amount of money. If he is paid 2-3 mil ok fine , but this huge contract to offer us what, nothing. Would trade him for the bag of chips right now. It gives us chance to extend maybe some players like Caruso, THT, Harrel or DS maybe. He is worthless player at the moment. He gave us good playoff and thank you for that but dont want to see him anymore in Laker uniform.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Legion Hoops
@LegionHoops

The Lakers are reportedly listening to trade offers for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, via ESPN.

hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I have seen a few people mention that he might be hurt.. I don’t buy it.. if he was someone would have gotten a hold of it and report that something was bothering him..

Yeahhh, that's purely bs excuses imo. Even if he was hurt it's pretty obvious his confidence is paper thin, this is not something new that is just happening out of nowhere this season. It's been literally every single season pretty much where he not only has monumentally rough shooting stretches but during those stretches he does absolutely nothing much of the games due to his overall confidence being hit.

It was awesome watching him ball out in the bubble last season and to start this year but people forget that early in the season last year his own fans were booing him at Staples and his teammates had to publically back him up because he was getting destroyed in the media as well due to his awful play.

Saying all that if they don't trade him i'll 100% root for him and hope for the best obviously heading towards the end of the season but considering how deep we are at guard now and we're likely going to have to let at least Caruso walk this off season due to so many raises i'd much rather see him traded and have the possibility of keeping all 3 of our FA guards.

It's pretty brutal to watch him when the team is struggling because at least DS plays great defense still or can break down the defense and get a layup or kick out for an open shot. Caruso still does the little things and even barely 20 year old THT finds ways to still make an impact when his shot isn't falling. Kuz made the gigantic rare leap to his overall game he did but I believe KCP is who he is at this point and is by far the most dead weight (outside of Deng of course) contract wise on the roster. If we can actually get someone remotely useful this year while also getting out of KCP's contract to help free up a little extra money in the off season it would be a huge win.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Gotta get your mojo back bro, 4th highest paid player on the team, play like it
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Wake the eff up KCP.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject:

If we can’t find a trade partner for him then he needs to be benched. Something drastic has to be done because this has been going on for over a month on both ends. He’s not a productive player. He’s averaging 8-2-1 for the season. Our starting 2 guard is only collecting 2 boards a game and dishing out 1 assist... have to stop rewarding past play.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Probably got wind that he's been in trade talks for a while now and that's affecting his play.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:08 pm    Post subject:

I mean I get that he's in trade talks, but he should be use to it by now. I mean how many years has he been in trade talks? He's gotta man up and practice his shots.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Still playing like (bleep). Nothing new. Awful player at the moment. Should be benched. Give THT starting role. This guy is useless. Waste of money.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:12 am    Post subject:

The Nets are getting more out of Tyler (bleep) Johnson
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

Trade him for moe harkless and change alreadyui
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:28 am    Post subject:

KCP has been inconsistent, but at the same time, he is averaging 40.1% on three pointers as a starter and gives you pretty good defensive effort.

Not many guys in the league can give you what KCP has shown he can in the playoffs and are easily available.

The thing is, with Wesley Matthews, the Lakers do not have that Danny Green to rely on. Last year when KCP went MIA, Danny Green would step up. Vice versa. We usually had one 2-way shooting wing on. When both were on, it was over.

This year we are relying on KCP and Wesley or THT to be those guys. Dennis is not really that kind of outside shooter. When KCP goes MIA, it is that much more obvious.

I look at this team as how you want to play around AD at the 5 and Bron basically being your 1. The modern day Kareem-Magic. In that case, I still think KCP is one hell of an asset to have. Above average defense, gets on the break for the early 3 pointer and for the season shooting 40% from 3. This is what we need around AD-Bron in the playoffs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject:

They have a point in the laker film room podcast—this dude is tired. We dont need to trade him, because we know what he’ll give us once he’s rested and focused. We just need someone who will give him a breather.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 175, 176, 177 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 176 of 182
Jump to: