Goodbye TALEN HORTON-TUCKER Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 200, 201, 202  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
When he finally puts it all together, he’s gonna be nightmare for opposing guards. They’re just not used to guarding a guy who’s that close to the rim once he gets in the paint. Then add the fact that he’s gonna be stronger than a lot of them too, and that’s a really tough matchup, especially when you gotta gameplan to stop AD and Bron first and foremost.

Once his perimeter game becomes consistent, he's going to be a truckload. One of the best finishers statistically in the league (with 99% right hand). And then his defensive potential with that strength and wingspan. He's just needs time.

Props to Jesse Buss and our scouts, all these young Lakers have been killing it like we thought they would.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:58 pm    Post subject:

THT is a hooper fellas. He has GREAT court instincts as a passer, can’t really teach that

Even better if you notice, he was handling the ball even when Lebron was out there.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Well, THT gets a chance to play more once again. Whether it was AC or DS out, and now Lebron, having an 11 deep roster is going to be key. I think he’s going to do pretty good. He can’t replace MVP Lebron, but I trust him more than DS to run things. We can only dream (Bledsoe”s out, here’s the ball Brady)
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
THT is a hooper fellas. He has GREAT court instincts as a passer, can’t really teach that

Even better if you notice, he was handling the ball even when Lebron was out there.

It’s premature to say he has great instincts as a passer. I think he’s a down hill runner who can finish at this point. Great prospect for his age, but not a great left hand finisher, defender (at this point), or three point shooter.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

THT should start in place of LBJ
LFsnz67
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
THT should start in place of LBJ

This is really a chance for him to shine.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

I don't see the admiration for THT. To be honest, I don't see much difference between Clarkson's second year to THT second year. They both hold the ball too long and couldn't shoot the three.

It makes me cringe every time THT forces the issue and tries to do some of his weird looking shots near the basket.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

JC was much older his 2nd year. 3 years older. THT is way beyond what JC was in his 2nd year as 23 year old.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

JC was much older his 2nd year. 3 years older. THT is way beyond what JC was in his 2nd year as 23 year old.

I was going to post this. You beat me to it. 😊
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject:

THT has played 45 games, probably half of that in significant minutes. His 3 is not falling, but you can rely on him for a bucket. He is 20, playing on the Lakers who are going for a repeat. He’s doing really well for beginning the season not even guaranteed a spot in the rotation. He has earned every minute he’s gotten.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

He really needs to develop a left hand. I don’t know how he got this far without a reliable left hand. I don’t even think I’ve seen him do a conventional left hand layup without turning his back. He develops that and the sky is the limit.
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

Yesterday 17 points on 16 shots. 6/16 shooting. 1/2 on 3s.

I just don't see it.

Can he drive to the basket? Sure.
Can he shoot? No.
Does he hold the ball too long? Yes.

His game does not come in the flow of the offense. He forces things too much.

Not buying it until I see him consistently make 50% of his shots and 35% of his threes.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:25 am    Post subject:

Kjj10697X wrote:
Yesterday 17 points on 16 shots. 6/16 shooting. 1/2 on 3s.

I just don't see it.

Can he drive to the basket? Sure.
Can he shoot? No.
Does he hold the ball too long? Yes.

His game does not come in the flow of the offense. He forces things too much.

Not buying it until I see him consistently make 50% of his shots and 35% of his threes.

Reminds me of when BI would keep the ball too long, disrupting offensive flow
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 am    Post subject:

Game before.

4/12 for 9 points 0/2 on 3s

I think someone mentioned he was 1 for 19 of his last 3 point attempts.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:31 am    Post subject:

He just turned 20. How about we give him a few years?
Kjj10697X
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

Fair enough.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject:

Havent seen this comparison a lot, but tht really reminds me of young dwade. Very similar height and wingspan. Wade also used to play a lot of point during his rookie season. Both are non-shooters who excel in getting to the basket. Difference is wade was 22 his rookie season, and tht is still just 20. Their per 36 are also eerily close, when comparing wade’s rookie season vs tht this season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
Havent seen this comparison a lot, but tht really reminds me of young dwade. Very similar height and wingspan. Wade also used to play a lot of point during his rookie season. Both are non-shooters who excel in getting to the basket. Difference is wade was 22 his rookie season, and tht is still just 20. Their per 36 are also eerily close, when comparing wade’s rookie season vs tht this season.

Wade was so explosive at that age. His dunks were vicious and his defense too. But yeah, he was def much older. I still believe in THT.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:

Wade was so explosive at that age. His dunks were vicious and his defense too. But yeah, he was def much older. I still believe in THT.

Wade was a lottery pick bro.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:00 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:

That has nothing to do with the major differences in their games. Wade was an explosive athlete which factored tremendously in his game.

THT is more slithery and cunning.

But I agree with you on THT's worth to this team, particularly as a 2nd rounder.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:

I think it's an unfair comparison.

Wade is one of the greatest shooting guards in NBA history. By his second season, he was an all-NBA, all-defensive team guy putting up 24-5-7.

Using him as a standard for THT pretty much dooms THT to failing.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lurklurk wrote:

That has nothing to do with the major differences in their games. Wade was an explosive athlete which factored tremendously in his game.

THT is more slithery and cunning.

But I agree with you on THT's worth to this team, particularly as a 2nd rounder.

Evrything to do with it. High picks usually have tremendous athletic potential. What im saying is more about their measurables and player archetype.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

I think THT is unique. He's more like Andre Miller to me than Wade due to the vast differences athletically. Wade was an elite athlete with elite ball handling/finishing skills.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think THT is unique. He's more like Andre Miller to me than Wade due to the vast differences athletically. Wade was an elite athlete with elite ball handling/finishing skills.

Hmm i remember andre miller as a pass first pg, i think he even led the league in assists for some time. Altho he is crafty finishing around the basket, ill give you that.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

THT reminds me of a young Bonzi Wells during his Blazer days. Similarly built, both love to play the power guard position, meaning operating in the paint. You can say THT is a better passer version of Bonzi Wells .
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 115, 116, 117 ... 200, 201, 202  Next
Page 116 of 202
Jump to: