Why not Ron Ron? (He played in the Triangle with the Bulls)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Why not Ron Ron? (He played in the Triangle with the Bulls)

First off- he knows the triangle from his days with the Bulls.

Secondly- Phil can manage him- if any NBA coach can get him to play nicely with others it is Phil.

Thirdly- Bibby hates Ron Ron- Artest is up to his old ball hogging tricks and is really a cancer in that locker room.

4'th- Artest has a reasonable salary- his contract is up at the end of this season and he is likely gonna bolt from Cow Town anyway when his contract expires.

Kidd would be better than Smush, but his knee, back, age and HUGE salary scare me like nothing I have seen since Brian Grant.

Gasol ain't comming for what we will offer.

Bibby- I think that the Kings trade Ron Ron before Bibby- but that is just my hunch. I think that Ron Ron fits the Lakers better than Bibby anyway. I have never liked his shot first non defense playing game anyway.

We need Ron's D on this Soft Laker team, he is a real beast and best of all- HE KNOWS THE TRIANGLE ALREADY. He can come in and play right away.
halosage
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject:

I hear what your saying and i would love to see Ron Ron PnG...but thing is i don't think the Queens/Maloofs would trade with the Lakers.

Why?

1. Same division
2. They would hate to see Lakers suceed.
3. They would demand either AND/OR Bynum,Kobe & ODom

I dont see that happening.
And 1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Why not Ron Ron? (He played in the Triangle with the Bulls)

Dancing Madsen wrote:

<snipped>

4'th- Artest has a reasonable salary- his contract is up at the end of this season and he is likely gonna bolt from Cow Town anyway when his contract expires.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that option kicks in until after '07/'08 season.[/quote]
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Why not?

Because there are quite a few pet owners on the team and in the organization and Vitti can't prescribe Zanax.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers passed on Artest when all it took to get him was an ending contract. Do you think they would now actually give up real players for him.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject:

First off, Ron is mentally unstable.

Second, Ron is cruel to animals.

Thirdly, Ron has been toxic to every lockeroom he's ever stepped foot in.

Do I need more reasons? Seriously, sign me up for unmedicated mental cases who abuse their pets, pick fights with fans, and cause havoc on their own team.

I wouldn't care if the guy were an legit MVP candidate--sometimes character risk is worth, but sometimes you have to have some principle and sanity, and Ron is a scumbag who I could easily see winding up both out of the league and facing felony charges at any minute.

I was all for it last year--but your third strike is your third strike. Three teams--the guy has done the same thing on every one and only gotten more mentally deranged.
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Cruelty to animals(though I'm not sure what he did exactly) is the only offense that should be frowned upon, but then Kidd did beat his wife(which IMO, is only a little "better" than rape.) And I've absolutely no problems with him "attacking"(not exactly, he didn't even throw a punch) the Detroit fans, you can't just throw beer at someone and not expect retaliation.

In sports, there are inconveniences that you need to "live" with, in the name of winning. And if it came down to it, I'd rather pay a lunatic, who is younger and will cost less in talent, 7 million a year than paying a wife-beater 20 million.

Last edited by ProjectAB on Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject:

kings trade: artest, k.thomas, c.williamson(expiring), 1st rd pick
kings get: odom, vlad, j.collins

nets trade: kidd, collins
nets get: williamson, mihm, mckie, shammond (all exp), cook, kings' 1st, lakers' 1st.

lakers trade: odom, vlad, mihm, mckie, shammond, cook, 1st rd pick
lakers get: kidd, artest, k.thomas
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject:

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=36896
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject:

PopcornMachine wrote:
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=36896

Lol, awesome... I, like Popcornmachine, prefer to watch my criminals and psychopaths on America's most wanted, not the lakeshow.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
ProjectAB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject:

He didn't break any laws. Quite frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. Now I wouldn't have done something like that, but considering that we eat meat every day, I find it hypocritical that we should feel sorry for a certain type of animals.
PopcornMachine
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:39 am    Post subject:

ProjectAB wrote:
He didn't break any laws. Quite frankly, I don't see what the big deal is. Now I wouldn't have done something like that, but considering that we eat meat every day, I find it hypocritical that we should feel sorry for a certain type of animals.

I find it difficult to understand anything you say from now on.

And it is a crime. He could be charded with animal cruelty.

But you don't care, because you eat meat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the input- VLF- I did not know that we could have landed Artest for ending contracts? - when was that, before or after the Kings trade? The guy only makes $6 mil, I mean they could not possibly ask for Odom, teh salaries are not even close.

I am an animal lover- what a dirt bag Artest is for that. Rodman was cuku, but he was at least not a violent criminal- maybe he is even beyond Phil's reach.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: