Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Sup with all these Gasol hate? Where’s that MJST stat for Gasol, he’s been decent outside of covid

Most people are bad at watching basketball, but assume they aren't because they watch a lot of it.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

Forget +/- last game against Sacramento. The team won by making 3s. Simple as that. How the Lakers are so bad from 3 when they have guys like AD, LBJ, though they were better when AD was playing. Team needs a legit knock down 3 shooter. Center play is secondary.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Forget +/- last game against Sacramento. The team won by making 3s. Simple as that. How the Lakers are so bad from 3 when they have guys like AD, LBJ, though they were better when AD was playing. Team needs a legit knock down 3 shooter. Center play is secondary.

Some of those open 3s started with Gasol/Schroeder pick n roll up top, Sac big had to stay with Marc, DS drove, Gasol dove and the defense sucked in. Hockey passes and we had a lot of good looks
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
governator wrote:
Sup with all these Gasol hate? Where’s that MJST stat for Gasol, he’s been decent outside of covid

Most people are bad at watching basketball, but assume they aren't because they watch a lot of it.

It’s difficult to shake the decades long mentality of valuing traditional box score stats above all other things. Anybody can watch a game and recognize a made basket or a blocked shot or a bouncy jump. They’re easy to spot and most fans are just watching the ball anyway. I truly believe these same people would be fine with Gasol being good at one thing if the one thing were scoring.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
governator wrote:

It’s difficult to shake the decades long mentality of valuing traditional box score stats above all other things. Anybody can watch a game and recognize a made basket or a blocked shot or a bouncy jump. They’re easy to spot and most fans are just watching the ball anyway. I truly believe these same people would be fine with Gasol being good at one thing if the one thing were scoring.

What I see when I watch Gasol play is a man who can't jump or run. I don't need a stat to tell me how effective he would be in his current form. It's common sense

This is before COVID too.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
ocho wrote:
governator wrote:

What I see when I watch Gasol play is a man who can't jump or run. I don't need a stat to tell me how effective he would be in his current form. It's common sense

This is a great example of what I’m talking about. Gasol can’t jump high. Nobody disputes this. The issue is you’ve taken that and made the leap that it means he’s not good at basketball and you’ve preemptively dismissed any metric that, ya know, measures what happens when he’s on the court that refutes your premise. The contributions he gives (and can still give) to the team have measurable value even if you don’t want to hear it.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

Marc Gasol can leave. I never like the guy from the beginning. He has no business starting for a quality NBA team. He's not even a sensible backup. At best, he's a 4th stringer, as I've said many times.

Gasol is fat, slow, no sense of athleticism, he can't jump, he can barely shoot, he only rebounds if the ball comes right at him, and he can't do anything meaningful other than make some decent passes and use his fat-ass to set screens. How dare he complain about anything; he's lucky he's still in the NBA.

If I was Vogel I'd find him a nice seat at the end of the bench, where he's always belonged, and tell him to get comfortable. He isn't fit to shine Drummond's, Howards, or McGee's shoes.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject:

Some of y’all basketball takes are basura, are we watching the same games?
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:33 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Marc Gasol can leave. I never like the guy from the beginning. He has no business starting for a quality NBA team. He's not even a sensible backup. At best, he's a 4th stringer, as I've said many times.

Gasol is fat, slow, no sense of athleticism, he can't jump, he can barely shoot, he only rebounds if the ball comes right at him, and he can't do anything meaningful other than make some decent passes and use his fat-ass to set screens. How dare he complain about anything; he's lucky he's still in the NBA.

If I was Vogel I'd find him a nice seat at the end of the bench, where he's always belonged, and tell him to get comfortable. He isn't fit to shine Drummond's, Howards, or McGee's shoes.

Whew. Good thing you arent.
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject:

This thread makes it easy to determine which ones know basketball and which ones doesnt.
jab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

Anyone who has watched Marc Gasol play this year and feels he is a productive NBA player is living in an alternate reality . In today’s world that is not uncommon. Forget all the analytic bs when there are four other guys covering for his slow, fat arse . The guy looks like any other washed up , past his prime player who needs to retire. If he’s gonna have an attitude about being plan C Or D when he should be plan F , as in, get the F outta here. If that’s his attitude he needs to be gone that stuff infects teams.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:05 am    Post subject:

These Gasol comments seem overblown. I doubt he'll seek a buyout from his contract, Vogel will probably come to his senses and use him off the bench. The more depth, the better, after all
#18 next...
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

I LOL when Vogel said that Gasol "dominated" the game last night with 5 points
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
This thread makes it easy to determine which ones know basketball and which ones doesnt.

When Gasol is on the floor, the Lakers have outscored opponents by 80 total points i.e. 2 pts/game (40 games this season). But hey, who cares about that - we care only that he's slow, unathletic, isn't a scorer.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:40 am    Post subject:

To defend Marc, he’s a pretty smart dude. Probably top 5-10 players in the league, basketball IQ wise. I thought he played inspired the last two games while loafing it on and off for the first 40+ games.
I like Marc, don’t like the complaining but that may have been taken out of context.
But, how would we all feel if someone came in and took our job away? Pissed....right?
Can’t blame the dude.
But we will need him come playoff time for sure.
Hope he sticks around.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:52 am    Post subject:

Great game last night.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Feels like the last 2 or 3 years LG has been overtaken by a lot of people 25 and under. A lot of what I read now on here sounds like it's coming from someone who's only watched one generation of basketball.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

After watching him coming off from the pine on that Bucks game, it looks like he still have another gear for playoff. Veterans like him normally don’t ante up until when it matters .

We have been playing well since he came back. Having him out there done wonders with our spacing and movement because quite honestly, none of players sans Lebron and AD are first option. I just hope Gasol will be playoff ready.
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
governator wrote:

Feels like the last 2 or 3 years LG has been overtaken by a lot of people 25 and under. A lot of what I read now on here sounds like it's coming from someone who's only watched one generation of basketball.

LG has always been home to the reactionary and ridiculous, at least since I;ve been viewing and visiting (about a decade).
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

Gasol always does the little things, but the most underrated value he has to this team is his passing ability and ways to create offense from the top of the key with that passing.

He can catch it in the post, or at the high post, and guys are gonna start moving because they know he'll find them for the pass. That and his ability to stretch the floor means he can keep other centers out of the paint.

His defense is already a know, but his basketball IQ and his passing as well as his screen setting are all valuable to the team and why we run like a well oiled machine when he was in there vs when he wasn't.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject:

I get how he feels slighted with AD2 signing but Marc needs to push himself while the team is crippled with injuries, if he doesn't then no playoffs so why hold back now? There's no tomorrow if no effort given today.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:37 am    Post subject:

Gasol, is slow, rarely moves his feet, which gets him tons of fouls, his assist to turnover ratio seems at about 1:1. He can't jump, he can get a block or rebound ONLY if he happens to be ALREADY in the area.

He was a terrible signing and NOT an upgrade over Howard or McGee...

Lakers win IN SPITE of his play not BECAUSE of his play...

At 35 he is only going to get slower...

He should retire after this season...!
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Gasol, is slow, rarely moves his feet, which gets him tons of fouls, his assist to turnover ratio seems at about 1:1. He can't jump, he can get a block or rebound ONLY if he happens to be ALREADY in the area.

He was a terrible signing and NOT an upgrade over Howard or McGee...

Lakers win IN SPITE of his play not BECAUSE of his play...

At 35 he is only going to get slower...

He should retire after this season...!

Not to pour salt on the wounds but he already turned 36 this year.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:08 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
ocho wrote:
governator wrote:

This is a great example of what I’m talking about. Gasol can’t jump high. Nobody disputes this. The issue is you’ve taken that and made the leap that it means he’s not good at basketball and you’ve preemptively dismissed any metric that, ya know, measures what happens when he’s on the court that refutes your premise. The contributions he gives (and can still give) to the team have measurable value even if you don’t want to hear it.

Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
chrisca91 wrote:
ocho wrote:
governator wrote:

A very intelligent post, thank you ocho.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 43 of 65
Jump to: