Thank you MARC GASOL - traded with 2024 second pick to Memphis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 63, 64, 65  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
ocho wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
governator wrote:
Sup with all these Gasol hate? Where’s that MJST stat for Gasol, he’s been decent outside of covid

Most people are bad at watching basketball, but assume they aren't because they watch a lot of it.

It’s difficult to shake the decades long mentality of valuing traditional box score stats above all other things. Anybody can watch a game and recognize a made basket or a blocked shot or a bouncy jump. They’re easy to spot and most fans are just watching the ball anyway. I truly believe these same people would be fine with Gasol being good at one thing if the one thing were scoring.

What I see when I watch Gasol play is a man who can't jump or run. I don't need a stat to tell me how effective he would be in his current form. It's common sense

This is before COVID too.

Luc Longley is a 3 time champ and the starting center of the best team ever

Sabonis was the starter for the jail blazers and never left the floor

Marc made Toronoto elite defensively like he has did us and they bose dived without him
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Considering the circumstances I think Gasol has done very well in his limited role, think of him as the big man of Alex Caruso a guy who doesn’t stuff the stat sheet but makes a difference in the game with his intangibles.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Considering the circumstances I think Gasol has done very well in his limited role, think of him as the big man of Alex Caruso a guy who doesn’t stuff the stat sheet but makes a difference in the game with his intangibles.

I don't know why guys here basing his performance on how high he jump
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:41 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don't know why guys here basing his performance on how high he jump

And did you see his big fat ass? So big
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
I LOL when Vogel said that Gasol "dominated" the game last night with 5 points

I laugh at your stupid ass. Clearly you didn't understand.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:45 am    Post subject:

Gasol can not bring it every night.
But I still feel come playoffs he can be a match up specific asset.

For example some teams will take advantage of Trez, his lack of size. They will also take advantage of the fact that Drummond, Dennis and AD are all either not 3 point shooters, or not a threat. So we will get zoned.

Now you have options! Gasol ideal in a situation like that.

Flip, Gasol struggles with athletic mobile 5s and drop coverage. Now, you got Ayton, maybe in a playoff series with CP3. Guess what? Andre is the right match up.

Nothing to complain about.

We literally have a match up for every series. It’s just about health and time. We may not get healthy in time to get some much needed reps as a team before playoffs.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
I LOL when Vogel said that Gasol "dominated" the game last night with 5 points

I laugh at your stupid ass. Clearly you didn't understand.

Ooh, I think I struck a nerve with one of Marc's relatives
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

Still one of the best defensive teams in the league in LBJ and AD's absence as well as 2nd in the league in defensive efficiency.

I wonder why that is....

The problem is our offense is 28th.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Still one of the best defensive teams in the league in LBJ and AD's absence as well as 2nd in the league in defensive efficiency.

I wonder why that is....

*30th

According to Trevor Lane
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:52 pm    Post subject:

BlueNGold wrote:
MJST wrote:

I wonder why that is....

*30th

According to Trevor Lane

My gawd that is horrible.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
MJST wrote:

I wonder why that is....

*30th

According to Trevor Lane

Sounds about right.. We've played good enough defense to win every game we've played lately imo. Even against the Clippers we'd have stretches where we looked dominant defensively but our offense was brutally pathetic for nearly the entire game on top of a million turnovers so it didn't even matter.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Kava wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
MJST wrote:

I wonder why that is....

*30th

According to Trevor Lane

Sounds about right.. We've played good enough defense to win every game we've played lately imo. Even against the Clippers we'd have stretches where we looked dominant defensively but our offense was brutally pathetic for nearly the entire game on top of a million turnovers so it didn't even matter.

Yeah.. imagine how much worse our offense would look if we didn't have Schroeder and Harrell, or Gasol's passing.
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:57 am    Post subject:

you take 2 top players, HoFs from any team and that is going to plummet offensively, almost surely. Especially if on is the PG.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:43 am    Post subject:

^I feel like we were underperforming on offense even prior to AD and LBJ going down. Vogel is a great defensive coach but on offense he basically just runs the "LBJ system" of Le-Iso and spam the P&R.

Ultimately it's irrelevant because come playoff time LBJ and AD will dominate and it will come down to can our support guys knock down shots. They did last year in the playoffs, so there is hope.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Played very well today, played more minutes with Harrell out, and Vogel finally trusted him more to run the offense a bit and make some plays on both ends.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Looking just like he did for about 2 or so weeks before Covid hit him. He might not always be quite this aggressive especially once we start getting guys back but he'll be a solid do a little of everything weapon off the bench still in the Playoffs and will help Trezz A LOT defensively when they go up against teams with big benches.

I have a feeling people will start seeing the light more and more on him as he starts really ramping it up getting ready for the Playoffs. We were by far the most versatile team last season and we only became more so this season. It's going to be fun watching Vogel start making more tight game plans and adjustments again with this roster.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Marc Gasol: “I’m fully committed to the team. I’ll stay ready.”

And we will need you in the playoff matchup(s), Marc.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Amazing game by Gasol today. His emergence is the one benefit of the injuries we have suffered. Hoping he can carry this play into the playoffs. We will certainly need every bit of help we can get.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Looking just like he did for about 2 or so weeks before Covid hit him. He might not always be quite this aggressive especially once we start getting guys back but he'll be a solid do a little of everything weapon off the bench still in the Playoffs and will help Trezz A LOT defensively when they go up against teams with big benches.

I have a feeling people will start seeing the light more and more on him as he starts really ramping it up getting ready for the Playoffs. We were by far the most versatile team last season and we only became more so this season. It's going to be fun watching Vogel start making more tight game plans and adjustments again with this roster.

The Drummond signing has lit up some fire on his game lately. I feel the same way with him and Rondo last year despite the struggle that he has another gear when it matter especially if he matches up well. But it looks like he’s notching up his gear late after being on cruise mode for awhile. We definitely need it to stay afloat and be on a top 6 before playoff.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
hype wrote:

The Drummond signing has lit up some fire on his game lately. I feel the same way with him and Rondo last year despite the struggle that he has another gear when it matter especially if he matches up well. But it looks like he’s notching up his gear late after being on cruise mode for awhile. We definitely need it to stay afloat and be on a top 6 before playoff.

Absolutely! It's a beautiful thing to see how his frustration turned to a fire being lit like you said versus throwing a tantrum or demanding a buyout which the media tried there hardest to cause. It speaks volumes about the leadership throughout our organization currently. I can def. see the Rondo switch happening which I think a lot of older vets almost have to do especially in crazy seasons like this one.

If Dre comes back and is looking good, I actually think it vaults our chances against the Heat and Nets especially. We'll have a very solid 5 out there for the full 48 while the best big in the entire NBA is also sitting on our sideline getting ready to come back hopefully sometime remotely soon.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:17 am    Post subject:

BBIQ and fundamentals
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
BBIQ and fundamentals

I first read this as “barbecue IQ”
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:12 am    Post subject:

Gasol fills a need, he's our Boggut. He'll be very usefull come playoffs time. Now that we have Drummond he's a luxury to have on our bench. With him, Drummond, Harrell, Morris and AD we can do everything at the center position.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject:

Fellas, this is how good our potential playoff front court is:

AD-AD2-Trez-Gasol

Bron-Kuz-Kief-(Trez)
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/jlew1050/status/1379566985495904256?s=21

Nurse on Gasol.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 63, 64, 65  Next
Page 44 of 65
Jump to: