ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Played in a game we had no chance of winning as his debut and got injured. Great.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Drummond excels at extra possessions add Davis, and (bleep) this frontline is elite at getting the ball.

Offensive Rebounds
AD2 - 1st*
AD - 16th

Steals
AD2 - 3rd
AD - 19th

Blocks
AD - 5th
AD2 - 10th

(2020 stats)
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject:

Post are hilarious...
Seriously though, you can tell teams have to prepare for an Andre Drummond. He takes up a ton of space in the lane and when he seals his man, OMG!
The current squad doesn't even know what to do with that. AD gets pushed around in the painted area, not so with Drummond.
You can tell he's no where near game shape, so I think he should take his time and come back healthy, it may take a minute to grow that toenail back tho!
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Not a lot of vertical pop - he's a pretty ground bound dude.

Felt the same way. Didn’t get much lift on a little jumphook and got swatted by Lopez. Hopefully that was the toe and not a continuation of the lack of pop he had shown in Cleveland.

He's in great shape, but not great basketball shape. That play he made when he jumped twice quickly to block a shot was impressive. We'll see more of that when he gets his basketball legs.
Chick-N-Stew
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
We'll see more of that when he gets his basketball legs.
And basketball toe.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Andre Drummond (@) AndreDrummond

Well I lost a toe nail but still felt incredible wearing the purple and gold!!
Be back soon Lakers.
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Thank God it wasn't his camel toe or we'd be having a different conversation
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:19 pm    Post subject:

It would be a 3-5 day recovery period. Hopefully he plays next game.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

Felt the same way. Didn’t get much lift on a little jumphook and got swatted by Lopez. Hopefully that was the toe and not a continuation of the lack of pop he had shown in Cleveland.

He's in great shape, but not great basketball shape. That play he made when he jumped twice quickly to block a shot was impressive. We'll see more of that when he gets his basketball legs.

Yeah you’re right. The block off the second jump early on was impressive.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

1-0 without Drummond
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

Yeah you’re right. The block off the second jump early on was impressive.

Wait til AD#1 comes back and does his thing along side AD#2, and both are in tip top shape, AND LeBron. That length, defensive acumen, and athlecticism will overwhelm many teams.

I just hope they have time to really jell.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject:

Drummond apparently still can't put a shoe on without great discomfort so isn't playing today.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:53 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Drummond apparently still can't put a shoe on without great discomfort so isn't playing today.

Crap means he is not even close to returning?
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Crap means he is not even close to returning?

It's going to take a minute, probably not a real long minute, but a minute, nontheless. He'd be able to compensate much better if he lost a fingernail, but a whole toenail is a different matter.

The sudden stopping and starting an NBA player with his agility makes would result in excruciating pain on that toe to the point of being unbearable. His toenail was ripped off with suddeness and force.

Rubbing against his tennis shoes everytime down the court is not something the most weight bearing portion of the body comes back from easily.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I knew as soon as they said “a game or two” it was going to be closer to 5 games. It’s Laker injury reporting...
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject:

If Dre played today Lakers would’ve lost by 9-10 instead of 18
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I would have preferred they showed some competitive edge and only list by 10 pts.

At some point I would like to see some sense of urgency.

Way too casual for my taste. Clips just cruised because the Lakers never fought on defense, for rebounds or for the game.

Team is adopting the “just wait until we are all healthy” attitude. Drummond’s toe hurts. Why not numb it and play on.

Because the team is not taking every game seriously. Hope that attitude doesn’t come back to bite them in the ass come play in time.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I would have preferred they showed some competitive edge and only list by 10 pts.

Way too casual for my taste. Clips just cruised because the Lakers never fought on defense, for rebounds or for the game.

Team is adopting the “just wait until we are all healthy” attitude. Drummond’s toe hurts. Why not numb it and play on.

Because the team is not taking every game seriously. Hope that attitude doesn’t come back to bite them in the ass come play in time.

IMHO this is the first year in a long time where there are a lot of really good teams
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:50 am    Post subject:

This post is laughable you really think that they lost by 18 points because they wanted to know they lost by 18 points because they were playing a nearly fully healthy Clippers team which is good and our whole team is based around to top five NBA players and both of them are out you can’t have salaries like LeBron and a D or commanding and make them the focal points of your offense and then turn around and have them both out until everybody else OK you pick up the slack so we don’t lose by more than 10 points come on man
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:56 am    Post subject:

We lost by 18 while 50 of our points are sitting on the bench watching from the sideline.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
We lost by 18 while 50 of our points are sitting on the bench watching from the sideline.

I must have missed James being on the sideline. He hasn’t been coming to the Staples games. Don’t expect him to be on the road but at home ?

And I am fully aware of the risks of the Lakers top heavy roster. This is worst case scenario stuff. Unfortunately nobody cares around the League. The only people making excuses are the Lakers and their fans.

The reality is Lakers currently in 5th seed. A half game out of 6th, a three game cushion for 7th and the play in scenario. With their two stars sitting on the sidelines and a newly acquired Drummond missing games with a sore toe.

As I stated before the game, I did not expect a win. Just wanted to see some competitive effort and urgency. Is that what you saw?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:26 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I must have missed James being on the sideline. He hasn’t been coming to the Staples games. Don’t expect him to be on the road but at home ?

And I am fully aware of the risks of the Lakers top heavy roster. This is worst case scenario stuff. Unfortunately nobody cares around the League. The only people making excuses are the Lakers and their fans.

The reality is Lakers currently in 5th seed. A half game out of 6th, a three game cushion for 7th and the play in scenario. With their two stars sitting on the sidelines and a newly acquired Drummond missing games with a sore toe.

As I stated before the game, I did not expect a win. Just wanted to see some competitive effort and urgency. Is that what you saw?

This is the truth.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:43 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

This post is laughable you really think that they lost by 18 points because they wanted to know they lost by 18 points because they were playing a nearly fully healthy Clippers team which is good and our whole team is based around to top five NBA players and both of them are out you can’t have salaries like LeBron and a D or commanding and make them the focal points of your offense and then turn around and have them both out until everybody else OK you pick up the slack so we don’t lose by more
than 10 points come on man

That person was talking about playing with a edge; sense of urgency, despite the stars being out. Even I believe, despite losing by 18. He stated that he has not seen it and I have not neither. But to be fair, the players that we have are not those type of players. We don't have 1 single dog on the team when LeBron and AD are out. Harrell is good off the bench, offensively, but he is no dog. We have a player in Dennis that can't even carry the team or even lead the team when the stars are out, but want more than a 21 mill a year. I would scrap him and start THT in his place next year, but I digress. Last year, with all the insults to Rondo, he is a dog, with great bball IQ and Dwight is a dog on defense, along with AD and Lebron. Then we had solid defenders in Danny Green and Mcgee (great tandem between him and Dwight). We don't have that on this team. Hell, AC was more of a dog last year, than this year.

I barely know what we have in Drummond, even with him putting up great numbers on the other team because he did not bring that same intensity to this team. I know, I know, he has been out for X amount of games, but that still doesn't refute my point that he didn't bring anything that helps me understand what he'll bring.

Let me clarify some thing: I'm excited for his acquisition. I feel he does perhaps fill in the void, based on what I envision and have seen from him on other teams. I can't wait to see how good our team can be with all of LJ, AD, and Drummond healthy and playing together, but I still don't know what I am getting with Drummond, on this team, despite having our stars.

You have people, rightfully so, saying, "he's gonna be that much better when LeBron and AD comes back." Well dang, if he needs both of them, why should he get paid top dollar next year? Of course he is gonna be better. Every player is gonna be better with those type of distractions, but Drummond is asking for top dollar next year and he may need stars to make him better, when he is supposed to be better with or without the stars. Time will tell.

Last edited by Outspoken on Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:58 am; edited 2 times in total
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:50 am    Post subject:

I see no problem with the “just wait until we are all healthy” attitude. Losing by 10 is the same as losing by 18. Just win the winnable games. So far, we’re doing that.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

lurklurk wrote:
I see no problem with the “just wait until we are all healthy” attitude. Losing by 10 is the same as losing by 18. Just win the winnable games. So far, we’re doing that.

"Just wait until we all are healthy" mentality is a bad culture, to me. I don't care if we lose by 10 or 18, but I would love to see a sense of urgency, but then I also understand that we don't have those types of players. Which is why I always resort to saying Rob made a mistake by not keeping the championship squad together. Because even if we do lose, they are gonna play with a sense of urgency and we had dogs on the team, last year, outside of our stars.

I moved on from last years squad though, because we have to. what is done is done, but with this squad, they get deflated playing against tough teams, when the stars are out. One may say "that is what differentiates the stars from regular role players" and I would agree to an extent. D Fish, for example was no where near a star and played with an edge. It doesn't take playing with a sense of urgency to be a star, it takes wanting to win, even if you lose.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 47 of 81
Jump to: