ANDRE DRUMMOND - Thanks for 21 games (signs with Philly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 79, 80, 81  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

The supporting cast isn’t performing nearly well enough. No one is expecting to beat the Bucks or Clippers without LBJ/AD, but none of these guys are performing to expectation.

Before Kuz or Harrell are mentioned, their good games are coming against lottery teams, which is fine, but the point is these guys are simply not showing enough compete level and focus.

It’s one thing for LBJ or AD to sleep walk, but the supporting cast got way too comfortable having LBJ bail them out to win games. They simply have to show more and it starts with “I want a fair deal” Schroder. (bleep) step up and prove it...
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:24 am    Post subject:

This is the culture of a lebron james team. You guys better get used to it.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject:

Sense of urgency is a tough trait to define.

Let me put it another way. Compare the type of effort the Lakers faced when at full strength. The times that undermanned teams made the games competitive and in a few cases beat the Lakers before the injuries. Or the games around the League when you saw a result or a game unfold and thought “ impressive how that team played hard for the upset”

Has there been a game that the undermanned Lakers could be considered in that same way? A big win? A night you thought “ that was close, they pushed that very good team. Just couldn’t close the deal”?

Maybe I’m forgetting one. Please remind me if I have.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Sense of urgency is a tough trait to define.

Let me put it another way. Compare the type of effort the Lakers faced when at full strength. The times that undermanned teams made the games competitive and in a few cases beat the Lakers before the injuries. Or the games around the League when you saw a result or a game unfold and thought “ impressive how that team played hard for the upset”

Has there been a game that the undermanned Lakers could be considered in that same way? A big win? A night you thought “ that was close, they pushed that very good team. Just couldn’t close the deal”?

Maybe I’m forgetting one. Please remind me if I have.

I don’t recall one. Beating Miami on Thursday would be one of those games.

Or giving the Nets a scare with 2 of the big 3 playing.

Even the more roster challenged team last season without LBJ and AD got one against the CP3 OKC team on the road. That was an impressive blow out win.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

And that is why I watch every game. To see my team pull off the improbable. To see them as the team highlighted on ESPN as the “upset” of the night.

Lakers roster has talent. They just don’t play like it. I was thrilled to finally see a Kuzma scored 30 in a win. These types of moments are too few and too far apart IMO.

Been this way all season long, even with a full roster. Few games they put it all together early and all night. Too many games fighting back from double digit deficits or letting teams keep it close by career nights from opposing bench players.

Give me some Laker career nights or upsets. Lakers, I’m begging you! Show me something.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

And that is why I watch every game. To see my team pull off the improbable. To see them as the team highlighted on ESPN as the “upset” of the night.

Lakers roster has talent. They just don’t play like it. I was thrilled to finally see a Kuzma scored 30 in a win. These types of moments are too few and too far apart IMO.

Been this way all season long, even with a full roster. Few games they put it all together early and all night. Too many games fighting back from double digit deficits or letting teams keep it close by career nights from opposing bench players.

Give me some Laker career nights or upsets. Lakers, I’m begging you! Show me something.

We're the current champions, for Christ's sake. Upsets, moral victories, career nights... Those are all meaningless, IMHO.

Yes, our offense should be better but we're currently missing 3/5 of our starters.

Let's get healthy and let's go the playoffs. That's all that matters.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

We're the current champions, for Christ's sake. Upsets, moral victories, career nights... Those are all meaningless, IMHO.

Yes, our offense should be better but we're currently missing 3/5 of our starters.

Glad you are satisfied. I’m just pointing out why I’m not.

That’s cool. We all have our own expectations.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

That's been the Lakers, post Showtime. I don't know if it's a product of the salary cap or a function of these guys making so much money that there's no incentive to go full-out every game.

The Shaq-Kobe teams slept walk seemingly for weeks at a time, and the Kobe-Pau Lakers were just as bad . . . with Hall of Famer Phil Jackson as head coach!

It happened with MUCH less frequency under Riley, but that was a different era and Riley had teams that had Hall of Famers on the bench, so there was a different level of professionalism and talent.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:09 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

We don't even have the current championship team. We don't have Dwight, Danny Green, Rondo, Mcgee.... We are not the current champions. We have a new team than the championship team and we are trying to make a championship run. But if you are satisfied with the effort and choose to make an excuse for their lackluster effort, I won't insult you for it. It's just hard for me to accept, when I feel they could show more effort, even of they lose.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:47 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
danzag wrote:

We don't even have the current championship team. We don't have Dwight, Danny Green, Rondo, Mcgee.... We are not the current champions. We have a new team than the championship team and we are trying to make a championship run. But if you are satisfied with the effort and choose to make an excuse for their lackluster effort, I won't insult you for it. It's just hard for me to accept, when I feel they could show more effort, even of they lose.

You're just playing with semantics here re: being the current champions.

I'm obviously not satisfied with losing games. But I think it is absurd to say that this team is losing by the lack of effort, like you can measure effort.

We don't have our 3 top players available right now. The remaining players are simply not good enough to beat the Bucks and the Clippers by themselves. It's not like we're losing because they don't give a (bleep) about it.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
I would have preferred they showed some competitive edge and only list by 10 pts.

At some point I would like to see some sense of urgency.

Way too casual for my taste. Clips just cruised because the Lakers never fought on defense, for rebounds or for the game.

Team is adopting the “just wait until we are all healthy” attitude. Drummond’s toe hurts. Why not numb it and play on.

Because the team is not taking every game seriously. Hope that attitude doesn’t come back to bite them in the ass come play in time.

This post is laughable you really think that they lost by 18 points because they wanted to know they lost by 18 points because they were playing a nearly fully healthy Clippers team which is good and our whole team is based around to top five NBA players and both of them are out you can’t have salaries like LeBron and a D or commanding and make them the focal points of your offense and then turn around and have them both out until everybody else OK you pick up the slack so we don’t lose by more
than 10 points come on man

That person was talking about playing with a edge; sense of urgency, despite the stars being out. Even I believe, despite losing by 18. He stated that he has not seen it and I have not neither. But to be fair, the players that we have are not those type of players. We don't have 1 single dog on the team when LeBron and AD are out. Harrell is good off the bench, offensively, but he is no dog. We have a player in Dennis that can't even carry the team or even lead the team when the stars are out, but want more than a 21 mill a year. I would scrap him and start THT in his place next year, but I digress. Last year, with all the insults to Rondo, he is a dog, with great bball IQ and Dwight is a dog on defense, along with AD and Lebron. Then we had solid defenders in Danny Green and Mcgee (great tandem between him and Dwight). We don't have that on this team. Hell, AC was more of a dog last year, than this year.

I barely know what we have in Drummond, even with him putting up great numbers on the other team because he did not bring that same intensity to this team. I know, I know, he has been out for X amount of games, but that still doesn't refute my point that he didn't bring anything that helps me understand what he'll bring.

Let me clarify some thing: I'm excited for his acquisition. I feel he does perhaps fill in the void, based on what I envision and have seen from him on other teams. I can't wait to see how good our team can be with all of LJ, AD, and Drummond healthy and playing together, but I still don't know what I am getting with Drummond, on this team, despite having our stars.

You have people, rightfully so, saying, "he's gonna be that much better when LeBron and AD comes back." Well dang, if he needs both of them, why should he get paid top dollar next year? Of course he is gonna be better. Every player is gonna be better with those type of distractions, but Drummond is asking for top dollar next year and he may need stars to make him better, when he is supposed to be better with or without the stars. Time will tell.

Outmanned....outgunned....against a clippers team that plays their best ball in the regular season.

Your talking with feelings here....not reality....the reality is this is a lottery team without Lebron and AD....this isnt the team anymore where we drafted a bunch of young talent and they are at times playing above their ability.....no without Lebron and AD this IS their ability.

That is just the way it is.....fully healthy we are a dominant team......take those two key pieces away and we are looking at the draft.

NOTE I am NOT talking about paying top dollar for players that cant get it done when Lebron and AD out....I dont want that either.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
I would have preferred they showed some competitive edge and only list by 10 pts.

Way too casual for my taste. Clips just cruised because the Lakers never fought on defense, for rebounds or for the game.

Team is adopting the “just wait until we are all healthy” attitude. Drummond’s toe hurts. Why not numb it and play on.

Because the team is not taking every game seriously. Hope that attitude doesn’t come back to bite them in the ass come play in time.

This post is laughable you really think that they lost by 18 points because they wanted to know they lost by 18 points because they were playing a nearly fully healthy Clippers team which is good and our whole team is based around to top five NBA players and both of them are out you can’t have salaries like LeBron and a D or commanding and make them the focal points of your offense and then turn around and have them both out until everybody else OK you pick up the slack so we don’t lose by more

That person was talking about playing with a edge; sense of urgency, despite the stars being out. Even I believe, despite losing by 18. He stated that he has not seen it and I have not neither. But to be fair, the players that we have are not those type of players. We don't have 1 single dog on the team when LeBron and AD are out. Harrell is good off the bench, offensively, but he is no dog. We have a player in Dennis that can't even carry the team or even lead the team when the stars are out, but want more than a 21 mill a year. I would scrap him and start THT in his place next year, but I digress. Last year, with all the insults to Rondo, he is a dog, with great bball IQ and Dwight is a dog on defense, along with AD and Lebron. Then we had solid defenders in Danny Green and Mcgee (great tandem between him and Dwight). We don't have that on this team. Hell, AC was more of a dog last year, than this year.

I barely know what we have in Drummond, even with him putting up great numbers on the other team because he did not bring that same intensity to this team. I know, I know, he has been out for X amount of games, but that still doesn't refute my point that he didn't bring anything that helps me understand what he'll bring.

Let me clarify some thing: I'm excited for his acquisition. I feel he does perhaps fill in the void, based on what I envision and have seen from him on other teams. I can't wait to see how good our team can be with all of LJ, AD, and Drummond healthy and playing together, but I still don't know what I am getting with Drummond, on this team, despite having our stars.

You have people, rightfully so, saying, "he's gonna be that much better when LeBron and AD comes back." Well dang, if he needs both of them, why should he get paid top dollar next year? Of course he is gonna be better. Every player is gonna be better with those type of distractions, but Drummond is asking for top dollar next year and he may need stars to make him better, when he is supposed to be better with or without the stars. Time will tell.

Outmanned....outgunned....against a clippers team that plays their best ball in the regular season.

Your talking with feelings here....not reality....the reality is this is a lottery team without Lebron and AD....this isnt the team anymore where we drafted a bunch of young talent and they are at times playing above their ability.....no without Lebron and AD this IS their ability.

That is just the way it is.....fully healthy we are a dominant team......take those two key pieces away and we are looking at the draft.

NOTE I am NOT talking about paying top dollar for players that cant get it done when Lebron and AD out....I dont want that either.

I said play with a sense of urgency, despite the stars being out, even if they lose... I have yet to see that. Even if this team is a lottery team. But I also said, to be fair, we don't have those type of players, their are no dogs on this team, outside of Lebron and AD. I don't know if you got annoyed and just stopped reading what I wrote or just misunderstood it, but judging based on your response, you couldn't have read my response in its entirety.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I think we are trying to extend lj rest. He could probably play but why have exert so much energy now. IMHO when Drummond returns lj will soon after
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/lakers/status/1379192797291442177?s=21

Drummond not only put his shoes on, but he was also able to jump.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/lakers/status/1379192797291442177?s=21

Drummond not only put his shoes on, but he was also able to jump.

Hopefully he plays against Toronto. He'll eat Baynes alive.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Hope he plays next game!!
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I said play with a sense of urgency, despite the stars being out, even if they lose... I have yet to see that. Even if this team is a lottery team. But I also said, to be fair, we don't have those type of players, their are no dogs on this team, outside of Lebron and AD. I don't know if you got annoyed and just stopped reading what I wrote or just misunderstood it, but judging based on your response, you couldn't have read my response in its entirety.

My annoyance is that you keep on needing to see "a sense of urgency" they ARE....you know what that is getting us? An absurd amount of mistakes and turnovers....they dont currently have "that guy" to settle the team down and get them to play with focus on the court......AD does it by example....Lebron does it every way you can think of.....who are they putting on the court right now that does this for them?

Your looking in the fridge for the cheese cake that isnt there
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:57 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

My annoyance is that you keep on needing to see "a sense of urgency" they ARE....you know what that is getting us? An absurd amount of mistakes and turnovers....they dont currently have "that guy" to settle the team down and get them to play with focus on the court......AD does it by example....Lebron does it every way you can think of.....who are they putting on the court right now that does this for them?

Your looking in the fridge for the cheese cake that isnt there

Schroeder needs to fill that role
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject:

No excuses - this whole team including Vogel has disappointed during this stretch. They show focus in games where they THINK they can win, but they are basically throwing in the towel in these other games. That's really unacceptable.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

THE TOE LIVES!!!

MJST wrote:
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
THE TOE LIVES!!!

MJST wrote:

ADtoe instead of AD2?
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
No excuses - this whole team including Vogel has disappointed during this stretch. They show focus in games where they THINK they can win, but they are basically throwing in the towel in these other games. That's really unacceptable.

I think this is a pretty ridiculous take on our performance since LeBron left. We've maintained a relatively high level defense. And given our team's habitual need to run the offense overwhelmingly through LeBron, our offensive drop off should have been expected.

Despite that, with a win tonight the Lakers will be 4-5 in the 9 games since LeBron has been out. That's not bad at all.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
THE TOE LIVES!!!

MJST wrote:

ADtoe instead of AD2?

are you Halluxinating?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
THE TOE LIVES!!!

MJST wrote:

ADtoe instead of AD2?

are you Halluxinating?

is that like hallucinating in luxury
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Billy Mac proclaiming Drummond will be ready for Miami.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 79, 80, 81  Next
Page 48 of 81
Jump to: