DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:54 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
ocho wrote:
It’s not so much about who is the better player at that position because the better player doesn’t always start. It’s about a players willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team win vs coming in with a chip on their shoulder demanding things and looking out for what’s best for themselves.

Why can't they be allowed to do both?

Sometimes it ends up working out that way. But if someone comes into camp making demands before the staff has even seen the players play then they’ve already decided their interests trump the team’s.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
So, weird folks here have has Dennis hate but Lonzo love. But if weirdos.

You know for someone that doesn’t want folks posting about Lonzo, you sure bring him up a lot

I think it’s pretty clear with Dennis. He (rightfully so) has a chip on his shoulder because of his size just like a Dame, CP3 or Rondo. The problem is the guy isn’t properly reading the room.

This is not personal. I don’t hate DS and I don’t think most do either. Are folks frustrated with his performance and then postgame talking about a contract “has to be fair?” Yes, but it’s all about his performance and his lack of awareness of the situation.

We will see where this goes, but imo Dennis hasn’t played this right on the biggest stage in basketball. It has nothing to do with him locking himself into a contract and feeling stuck. It has everything to do with his performance to date, the way he came in from day 1 making demands (to a championship team!) and just has generally done a poor job of handling his entire time here.

Dennis is correct not to sign any contract if he is so focused on testing FA. No issue there.

At the same time Pelinka was right to try and send him to Toronto/Tampa Bay.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

No Bron/AD - This was Dennis time to shine. Who's impressed with his performance so far?

I'm going to need to see a lot more leadership out of him if he wants the Lakers to commit to him long term.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
No Bron/AD - This was Dennis time to shine. Who's impressed with his performance so far?

I'm going to need to see a lot more leadership out of him if he wants the Lakers to commit to him long term.

I mean he's done ok but hasn't separated himself from Trez or Kuz. He shoulda been the clear cut 3rd best
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

You know for someone that doesn’t want folks posting about Lonzo, you sure bring him up a lot

I think it’s pretty clear with Dennis. He (rightfully so) has a chip on his shoulder because of his size just like a Dame, CP3 or Rondo. The problem is the guy isn’t properly reading the room.

This is not personal. I don’t hate DS and I don’t think most do either. Are folks frustrated with his performance and then postgame talking about a contract “has to be fair?” Yes, but it’s all about his performance and his lack of awareness of the situation.

We will see where this goes, but imo Dennis hasn’t played this right on the biggest stage in basketball. It has nothing to do with him locking himself into a contract and feeling stuck. It has everything to do with his performance to date, the way he came in from day 1 making demands (to a championship team!) and just has generally done a poor job of handling his entire time here.

Dennis is correct not to sign any contract if he is so focused on testing FA. No issue there.

At the same time Pelinka was right to try and send him to Toronto/Tampa Bay.

You got me there, you are correct.
With that said, what is Lonzo going to get per year? $20+mill, right?
Can we sign and trade DS for Lonzo? Would Pels even do that?
Lastly, how do we know the Lakers have any interest in all in bringing Lonzo back?

Also, I really don't think DS is a $21+mill a year player, but not sure what the market is if Holiday got almost $40 mill per year.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:44 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
MJST wrote:
ocho wrote:
It’s not so much about who is the better player at that position because the better player doesn’t always start. It’s about a players willingness to do whatever it takes to help the team win vs coming in with a chip on their shoulder demanding things and looking out for what’s best for themselves.

Why can't they be allowed to do both?

Sometimes it ends up working out that way. But if someone comes into camp making demands before the staff has even seen the players play then they’ve already decided their interests trump the team’s.

"Making demands" ie: starting over Alex Caruso... that's not even a demand that's an obvious fact.

And I'd say his play while AD and LBJ have been out have merited getting paid. I'm not gonna get mad at someone for betting on themselves. Particularly when their play backs it up.

What I don't get, is that some fans want him to take less.. as if the Lakers are saving up cap space in free agency or something. No.. we've got our two max contracts, the only way we get another is through a trade, wherein the contracts would have to match up anyway.

So right now, pinching pennies doesn't mean anything. Particularly with everyone screaming "WE HAVE TO WIN NOW!!" but then they get cold feet when it comes to potentially overpaying the best point guard we're going to get, or that will be in the market and ABLE for us to get.

if Jrue can sit up here getting 30-34 Million a year, Dennis is worth at LEAST 20-25.

Last edited by MJST on Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject:

Lakers apparently disagree with many here. They offered him the max they could offer and he inexplicably turned it down. So y’all can’t say the Lakers don’t value Dennis. This one is in his court now.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Lakers apparently disagree with many here. They offered him the max they could offer and he inexplicably turned it down. So y’all can’t say the Lakers don’t value Dennis. This one is in his court now.

If, he turned it down because they can pay him more once this season is over on the extension.

The current thing is only Windhurst has hinted that it has happened.

He said "What I have been told – and this rumor is pretty widely out there, so I doubt that this is very surprising – is that the Lakers did indeed offer him that 84 million dollars over four years. Now, this is where we get into gray area. Was it fully guaranteed? Was it partially?"

So it's pretty much a do you trust Windhurst's saying 'he heard' that the Lakers offered him 4 years 83M and he turned it down. Or if they haven't and that is why there has not been a deal as of yet.

As of right now he could make 83M over 4 years or if you include incentives it'd be 91.9M over 4 years.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Don't think anybody is happy with us stacking Ls and slipping in the standings. All things considered, I've seen the Lounge alot worse.

I trust Rob, so I'm not to worried about the Schro thing. I think he'll be back if we win the chip, and he won't if we don't.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:13 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Don't think anybody is happy with us stacking Ls and slipping in the standings. All things considered, I've seen the Lounge alot worse.

I trust Rob, so I'm not to worried about the Schro thing. I think he'll be back if we win the chip, and he won't if we don't.

I mean LBJ went 0-4 with Dennis and AD out. I think people have too high of expectations on a very LBJ dependent team.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:16 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I mean LBJ went 0-4 with Dennis and AD out. I think people have too high of expectations on a very LBJ dependent team.

I agree.
I also think Lakers fans have had the highest expectations of any NBA fan base since ... ever.
Especially when we have a player who can be the best player on a championship team on our roster.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:18 am    Post subject:

I honestly am not sure how much better AD would fare if LBJ/Dennis were out.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I honestly am not sure how much better AD would fare if LBJ/Dennis were out.

It would be rough that's for sure.
If our big 2 is healthy, we're best in the west. If 1 is missing, good chance we don't make it out of the 1st round.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yeah, it's likely a healthy Dennis gets at least the same offer in free agency as the extension offer. That's the risk/reward factor, his taking a risk of injury or some out-of-nowhere option becoming available to LA (e.g. John Wall or Bledsoe buyout). I do think there's a number that they pass on though.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“Making demands" ie: starting over Alex Caruso... that's not even a demand that's an obvious fact

I feel like you may be purposefully missing the point now so I’ll just direct you to the career of Manu Ginobili if you want to see the difference.
Pureshot77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject:

Glad he didn't get hurt during that after the whistle shenanigans by the raptors today....especially considering how he turned down the extension to go into FA this next off season.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Been a bit since DS has had a really good game. His team defense has been pretty bad recently, IMO.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Shot 44% from three since LeBron's been out, if I'm reading correctly. 2/2 tonight
#18 next...
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Trevor is saying Dennis and Vogel had some words this game. I must've missed that.

Can someone fill me in?
Iron Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dennis Schröder on Montrezl Harrell getting ejected:

“I would do the same for anybody in this locker room. We’re brothers, family.”

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1379627983736987648?s=21
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Trevor is saying Dennis and Vogel had some words this game. I must've missed that.

Can someone fill me in?

Yeah I'm trying to find out what happened too. I didn't see anything, but Trevor was saying DS had to be separated from Vogel. AD and Dudz took Schroder to the side and talked to him.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Can someone fill me in?

Yeah I'm trying to find out what happened too. I didn't see anything, but Trevor was saying DS had to be separated from Vogel. AD and Dudz took Schroder to the side and talked to him.

Trevor said that he *thinks* DS was pulled by Frank because of his turnovers and Dennis took exception. Emotions were probably still high from the 1Q dust-up.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Iron Mamba wrote:
Quote:
Dennis Schröder on Montrezl Harrell getting ejected:

“I would do the same for anybody in this locker room. We’re brothers, family.”

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1379627983736987648?s=21

I love this about DS and Trez. The fire burns heavy in each of them. They play hard every possession, and take their struggles/mistakes seriously.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Shot 44% from three since LeBron's been out, if I'm reading correctly. 2/2 tonight

He need that stroke to be playoff ready. If he can keep teams honest, any spacing he can provide will make it easier for Lebron and AD.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

If it's a choice between those 2. I'd take Dennis 10 times out of 10.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 111, 112, 113 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 112 of 284
Jump to: