THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3080, 3081, 3082 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Why would someone vote for trump this past election.
economy, jobs were in shambles due to his non action

His rhetoric incited violence around entire country

Lawsuits lost by is judges proved election wasn’t stolen yet continued to say otherwise

So with all that why vote for him if not a racist.
Bro, I dislike TRUMP and the BLM organization for doing the same thing. The media keeps pushing this agenda that cops are hunting blacks and that minorities are victims. The media thinks they are doing good by repeating the same stories but in reality they are causing more segregation than ever.

You edited your post to add the bolded above apparently thinking it would make you look less racist. But dude, it makes you look even worse.

So funny how some conservatives view racism.
They view racism like Tinkerbell. If you deny it exists, it just dies and disappears.
Actually they know that's not true. That's just their cover story.
In truth, they just don't care because they don't have any skin in the game. But bring up "cancel culture" and all of a sudden they'll start talking like a civil rights leader.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
xxsicrokerxx wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Why would someone vote for trump this past election.
economy, jobs were in shambles due to his non action

His rhetoric incited violence around entire country

Lawsuits lost by is judges proved election wasn’t stolen yet continued to say otherwise

So with all that why vote for him if not a racist.
Bro, I dislike TRUMP and the BLM organization for doing the same thing. The media keeps pushing this agenda that cops are hunting blacks and that minorities are victims. The media thinks they are doing good by repeating the same stories but in reality they are causing more segregation than ever.

You edited your post to add the bolded above apparently thinking it would make you look less racist. But dude, it makes you look even worse.

So funny how some conservatives view racism.
They view racism like Tinkerbell. If you deny it exists, it just dies and disappears.
Actually they know that's not true. That's just their cover story.

If there is an "upside" at all, it is that such people can't help reveal their true selves via their words.

Quote:
In truth, they just don't care because they don't have any skin in the game. But bring up "cancel culture" and all of a sudden they'll start talking like a civil rights leader.

Another area where the hypocrisy of the Right is blatant and undeniable. They constantly rant about the "cancel culture" allegedly driven by the Left, yet it is they who literally invented it many years ago, from calling for boycotts of companies like Target when they chose Ellen Degeneris as a spokesperson to the NFL because of Kaepernick. Cancel Culture is their whole MO as soon as a company or person does something contrary to their distaste for social awareness and diversity.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

Cancel Culture...before it was called as such.

Quote:
McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason, especially when related to communism.[1] The term refers to U.S. senator Joseph McCarthy (R-Wisconsin) and has its origins in the period in the United States known as the Second Red Scare, lasting from the late 1940s through the 1950s.[2] It was characterized by heightened political repression and a campaign spreading fear of communist influence on American institutions and of espionage by Soviet agents.[2] After the mid-1950s, McCarthyism began to decline, mainly due to the gradual loss of public popularity and opposition from the U.S. Supreme Court led by Chief Justice Earl Warren.[3][4] The Warren Court made a series of rulings that helped bring an end to McCarthyism.[5][6][7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

Republicans are consistent: hypocrites.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:49 am    Post subject:

xxsicrokerxx wrote:

As other moderators have said, throwing out stuff and then running off without backing it up or engaging is trolling, and we don't allow trolls here. So here's your chance to engage (or confirm that you're just a troll).

1. Harvard study concluding that black people are more than three times more likely than white people to be killed in a police encounter: LINK

2. NIH study on deaths due to lethal force by law enforcement (LINK) showing that victims were disproportionately black with a fatality rate 2.8 times higher among blacks than whites, and black victims were more likely to be unarmed (14.8%) than white (9.4%) or Hispanic (5.8%) victims.

3. Another piece from Northeastern (LINK) summarizing the right-wing BS on the issue.

So given that your fact-free, hit-and-run assertion is directly contradicted, your assignment is to support your position and engage with us on it. And I do mean that as an assignment, because your trolling has now reached the zero-tolerance category.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Cancel Culture...before it was called as such.

Quote:
McCarthyism is the practice of making accusations of subversion or treason, especially when related to communism.[1] The term refers to U.S. senator Joseph McCarthy (R-Wisconsin) and has its origins in the period in the United States known as the Second Red Scare, lasting from the late 1940s through the 1950s.[2] It was characterized by heightened political repression and a campaign spreading fear of communist influence on American institutions and of espionage by Soviet agents.[2] After the mid-1950s, McCarthyism began to decline, mainly due to the gradual loss of public popularity and opposition from the U.S. Supreme Court led by Chief Justice Earl Warren.[3][4] The Warren Court made a series of rulings that helped bring an end to McCarthyism.[5][6][7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

Republicans are consistent: hypocrites.

I’d say Jim Crow was pretty effective cancel culture. As was slavery before it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Jason Campbell @ JasonSCampbell
CNN's Rick Santorum: "We birthed a nation from nothing. I mean, there was nothing here. I mean, yes we have Native Americans but candidly there isn't much Native American culture in American culture"

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1386685340522536961
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:56 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Jason Campbell [ at ] JasonSCampbell
CNN's Rick Santorum: "We birthed a nation from nothing. I mean, there was nothing here. I mean, yes we have Native Americans but"...

Similar to how Columbus discovered a place (America) which was never lost and had people already living here.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Jason Campbell AT JasonSCampbell
CNN's Rick Santorum: "We birthed a nation from nothing. I mean, there was nothing here. I mean, yes we have Native Americans but"...

Similar to how Columbus discovered a place (America) which was never lost and had people already living here.

We even shipped in slaves from other lands to do all the labor. No one ever accused modern Republicans for having a strong grasp of history. In his mind, he thinks the Native Americans benefitted greatly from European colonization. They greatly benefitted from exposure to all the diseases they brought from Europe and greatly benefitted from the white man's belief that humans could own land (which they purchased for wampum and booted the Native Americans off of).
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:39 am    Post subject:

I suspect being considered vermin not even fit to enslave and hunted as such might have had some effect on the amount of native culture assimilated into the culture of those who perpetuated their cultural and physical genocide.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Jason Campbell (@) JasonSCampbell
CNN's Rick Santorum: "We birthed a nation from nothing. I mean, there was nothing here. I mean, yes we have Native Americans but candidly there isn't much Native American culture in American culture"

(bleep) off Rick. There is more indigenous influence in "American" culture than you know despite that fact that your ancestors tried to kill off mine.

I mean we gave you (bleep) tortilla chips, ciggies and Billy Jack, what more do you want you (bleep)?

Half the States, rivers, mountains have Indian names. The Iroquois Confederacy Constitution influenced the US Constitution. NA beliefs on harmony with nature and protection of the land influenced the formation of National park system. Just a few examples. Go educate yourself!
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject:

^ And it's not even his ancestors that did it, his ancestors came from Italy pretty recently. But he wants to take ownership of all the terrible things that were done to Native Americans. He's an authoritarian, religious fanatic. And CNN has paid his salary for years. Which is one of the reasons I don't watch CNN.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
^ And it's not even his ancestors that did it, his ancestors came from Italy pretty recently. But he wants to take ownership of all the terrible things that were done to Native Americans. He's an authoritarian, religious fanatic. And CNN has paid his salary for years. Which is one of the reasons I don't watch CNN.

I always laughed at Fox using the term fair and balanced, but CNN has tried slavishly to follow that in a literal sense where they always look to have another side to even obvious fact.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject:

DHS secretary Mayorkas announces investigation of domestic terror extremism inside the Dept of Homeland Security.

DHS
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Newsom is officially recalled in California. What a joke.

Quote:
(CNN) Critics of California Gov. Gavin Newsom have met the state's threshold with enough validated signatures to force a recall election of the Democratic governor this year, a contest that could land on the ballot as early as this summer or as late as December.

Quote:
The state's voters will be asked two questions on the recall ballot. First, do they want to vote "yes" or "no" on recalling Newsom, who was elected in 2018 with nearly 62% of the vote.

The second question will ask which candidate they would like to replace Newsom, and they will choose from what is likely to be a very long list of names (candidates from different parties will appear on that same list). By law, Newsom is not permitted to add his name to the ballot as an option.

LINK
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:13 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Newsom is officially recalled in California. What a joke.

Quote:
(CNN) Critics of California Gov. Gavin Newsom have met the state's threshold with enough validated signatures to force a recall election of the Democratic governor this year, a contest that could land on the ballot as early as this summer or as late as December.

Quote:
The state's voters will be asked two questions on the recall ballot. First, do they want to vote "yes" or "no" on recalling Newsom, who was elected in 2018 with nearly 62% of the vote.

The second question will ask which candidate they would like to replace Newsom, and they will choose from what is likely to be a very long list of names (candidates from different parties will appear on that same list). By law, Newsom is not permitted to add his name to the ballot as an option.

LINK

It is a joke, and if I could I would rather kick any goober that supports this vote suppression out of the state. I heard Joe Rogan moved to Texas- maybe they should move there and have the government they deserve.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I always laughed at Fox using the term fair and balanced, but CNN has tried slavishly to follow that in a literal sense where they always look to have another side to even obvious fact.

They have given yucks like Kayleigh McEnany and Jeffrey Lord and Jason Miller, et al, a paid forum for years now. Known liars and BSers. That's not fair and balanced. Fair and balanced would be actually finding people who believe in the things Republicans say they believe in. But, the reality is that they have as hard a time finding those people as LG-OT: Politics Thread does. None of them actually live by the conservative mantras that prior generations of Rs have shoved down our throats (things like "family values"). They've given up their camouflage since Trump won, now they're all just wanton liars and power grabbers.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Justin Baragona @justinbaragona· 6h

Tucker Carlson is now telling his audience to harass people who wear face masks outside.

If they see children wearing masks, Tucker says the response should be no different than when you see a kid being abused -- "call the police immediately, contact child protective services"

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1386837979453399049

Watch the video in the link if you can stomach it. I'm all for freedom of speech. But what he is advocating for is reckless and dangerous. And if push comes to shove, and Tucker is in court in the future. He'll use the same defense other conservative pundits have used in the past.
"My show isn't educational or fact based. I am not a reporter. I am an 'entertainer'. And the people who watch me know that."
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Justin Baragona @justinbaragona· 6h

Tucker Carlson is now telling his audience to harass people who wear face masks outside.

If they see children wearing masks, Tucker says the response should be no different than when you see a kid being abused -- "call the police immediately, contact child protective services"

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1386837979453399049

Watch the video in the link if you can stomach it. I'm all for freedom of speech. But what he is advocating for is reckless and dangerous. And if push comes to shove, and Tucker is in court in the future. He'll use the same defense other conservative pundits have used in the past.
"My show isn't educational or fact based. I am not a reporter. I am an 'entertainer'. And the people who watch me know that."

Oh I wish one of these homeschool hillbillies would try that around here.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:40 am    Post subject:

It's easy to be racist and/or redneck in a racist and/or redneck area, but acting that way in an "urban" or non-racist and/or non-redneck environment could lead to an ass-whipping . . . or worse.

I'm just saying.

Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:18 am    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
It's easy to be racist and/or redneck in a racist and/or redneck area, but acting that way in an "urban" or non-racist and/or non-redneck environment could lead to an ass-whipping . . . or worse.

I'm just saying.

unfortunately what we learned was that there are a lot of closeted racists so yes being a racists in Lennox won't get you far the however the neighbor to the west, Westchester you could conceivably blend in.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

I'm just saying.

unfortunately what we learned was that there are a lot of closeted racists so yes being a racists in Lennox won't get you far the however the neighbor to the west, Westchester you could conceivably blend in.

Wanna find out how you'd fare acting that way in an "urban" or non-racist and/or non-redneck environment try it in South Central Los Angeles. LINK /// LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
FernieBee wrote:

I'm just saying.

Wanna find out how you'd fare acting that way in an "urban" or non-racist and/or non-redneck environment try it in South Central Los Angeles. LINK /// LINK

South la
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Quote:
Jason Campbell [AT] JasonSCampbell

Reminds me of when I was a kid. I could find a $20 bill and I'd go to my mom and tell her excitedly that I found $20. She would say, "you didn't find it because it wasn't lost." Then she'd snatch it out of my hand and keep it.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:

I'm just saying.

That's proven in those prank videos on YT from "the hood" where Ashtons act a fool in the hood. I saw one where a kid set up a grape Kool-Aid stand on a corner and it didn't take but the first guy to tear it up and chase him out of there. He initially chuckled at the concept and that quickly gave way to offense and the kid was lucky not to get a 2-piece meal. Some people warn the Ashtons that they are in fact in the hood and are in danger of coming up against the wrong one, but more often than not, they get punched and or chased off scene.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Oh I wish one of these homeschool hillbillies would try that around here.
Conservative internet and TV personalities love might = right ethics. And their audiences love it too.
Unless the Black Panthers start carrying weapons of course.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3080, 3081, 3082 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 3081 of 3673
Jump to: