Jordan better not be invoved in "proposed" Kidd trade

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
srekal2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Jordan better not be invoved in "proposed" Kidd trade

I don't mind losing Kwame since in the grand scheme of things he is not our center of the future. Smush, hmm addition by subtraction. I just don't think he is a point guard nor should be one even on a triangle team-not very good assist to turnover ratio.
Kwame, Smush, ending contracts should be enough for close to 34 year old, micro fracture, $20 million a year Kidd.
Balki Bartokomous
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Don't worry, Smush is instead, per Vescey.
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject:

If lakers had Kidd last year, they don't lose to Suns in first round I promise.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Or what?
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject:

cuz Farmar will average 14-8-8 when he's 34, or at any point in his career, and still play really good defense. I like Farmar, but c'mon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject:

i like jordans long term potential future a lot better than i like the short term that i think kidd would really help the lakers.

nobody ever thought bibby would get as good as he is. nash was a good collegian but nobody had a clue that he'd be the star he is today. jordan after 2 college years has come much further in his nba season considering the talk was that he'd be in the nbdl, was too skinny, couldnt shoot, and phil wouldnt play a rookie. at 19/20, he's doing fine in comparison to nash who came in as a 4 yr collegian and was nothing special for a few years. this guy has great potential to be something very special. i hate to trade great potential for a short term, non guaranteed, expensive ($$$$$$$$$) experiment.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject:

pg's dont have to average 8 rpg to be valuable. farmars value wont be in his rebounding but that doesnt mean he wont be a very good piece of the puzzle. right now, he's about the only guy on the team who will get the ball to bynum and dare him to go to work. believe it or not, this team desperately needs bynum to do his thing inside before they'll ever be successful. if they keep going away from him in the playoffs, i'll take back every successful prediction and guarantee that they have NO chance. they need to work inside out to open up everyone elses game, and to increase their shooting %.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to see Farmar go either.

To put things in perspective though, their fans are thinking....should we get Odom/Bynum for Kidd or would we be okay with Bynum & Farmar?

Check a board out and you'll see it.

fans are fans though. And as a fan i'd love to see Smush going out and Farmar staying.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject:

where did this thread move to?
LakersRBack21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Jordan is turning into a turnover machine. Getting a little tired of it. He needs to take care of the ball better.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject:

The Nets have Marcus Williams, so they don't have an urgent need for Jordan Farmar. If they trade Kidd, they might be more interested in a veteran backup. Shammond or Smush might qualify.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Jordan better not be invoved in "proposed" Kidd trade

srekal2 wrote:
I don't mind losing Kwame since in the grand scheme of things he is not our center of the future. Smush, hmm addition by subtraction. I just don't think he is a point guard nor should be one even on a triangle team-not very good assist to turnover ratio.
Kwame, Smush, ending contracts should be enough for close to 34 year old, micro fracture, $20 million a year Kidd.

The Nets aren't just going to give him away/
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject:

We can find a Farmar-quality player in the next couple of years. I wouldn't let him be a deal breaker.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject:

If you take Rod Thorn's comments at face value, there isn't any offer on the table that would cause the Nets to move Kidd.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:24 am    Post subject:

Yea if they dish out Farmar for Kidd it would be totatally pointless. Kidd would be a great tutor and mentor for Jordan. I think it would help Jordan tremendously and would kick start his carrer to a whole another level.
Now if he is dealt for Kidd especially when New Jersey already has Marcus Will , somebody please shoot Mitch Kupchak as soon as possible. Snipers will be waiting outside of El Segundo.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject:

In the recent 2-14-07 ESPN podcast, a conversation between Chad Ford and Rod Thorn, they are very high on Marcus Williams. He thinks Williams can average around 14 ppg and be up on the list for assists average. He said there isn't a trade on the table that would cause them to make a move. If we take him at face value, it means the offer must be upped in order to be accepted, or perhaps it will be sufficient if no better offers are received between now and the trade deadline. We have no way of knowing until the trade deadline passes or a trade is completed. He may be waiting until closer to the trade deadline to assure he has received the best offers.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject:

In the recent 2-14-07 ESPN podcast, a conversation between Chad Ford and Rod Thorn, they are very high on Marcus Williams. He thinks Williams can average around 14 ppg and be up on the list for assists average. He said there isn't a trade on the table that would cause them to make a move. If we take him at face value, it means the offer must be upped in order to be accepted, or perhaps it will be sufficient if no better offers are received between now and the trade deadline. We have no way of knowing until the trade deadline passes or a trade is completed. He may be waiting until closer to the trade deadline to assure he has received the best offers.
LuxuryBrown
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject:

LakersRBack21 wrote:
Jordan is turning into a turnover machine. Getting a little tired of it. He needs to take care of the ball better.

Yeah, as of late, he's been pretty much null and void. I don't mind seeing him traded away because I don't see anything special in him that would make me balk at dealing him away for something better, regardless of who it may be.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Jordan better not be invoved in "proposed" Kidd trade

srekal2 wrote:

I'm not ready to give up on Kwame. I don't see how Kidd can work in the Triangle. The Triangle is passing, cutting, shooting, not dribble, control, dribble, pass by one man only who is not a good shooter. I just don't see it working in the Triangle.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject:

i understand the fact that it takes talent to get talent most of the time...hopefully it is Smush
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: Jordan better not be invoved in "proposed" Kidd trade

Rick12322 wrote:
srekal2 wrote:

I'm not ready to give up on Kwame. I don't see how Kidd can work in the Triangle. The Triangle is passing, cutting, shooting, not dribble, control, dribble, pass by one man only who is not a good shooter. I just don't see it working in the Triangle.

If you are trying to describe Kidd's game, you aren't even close.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Jordan better not be invoved in "proposed" Kidd trade

venturalakersfan wrote:
Rick12322 wrote:
srekal2 wrote:

If you are trying to describe Kidd's game, you aren't even close.

Beat me to it. The only thing that does not fit well with tri- (Kidd's related) is his salary
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: