Slightly OT- Chucky's Return and KG's Demands

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Slightly OT- Chucky's Return and KG's Demands

Came across this little tid bit from The Denver Post of all places.

Quote:
With the NBA trade deadline Thursday, keep an eye on Memphis guard Chucky Atkins. Detroit, Miami and the Los Angeles Lakers could use some veteran point guard help and Atkins is in the final year of his deal making $3 million. ... Word is that any team interested in acquiring Minnesota all-star forward Kevin Garnett better be certain up front that he is willing to re-sign with the new team. As crazy as it may sound, rumor is Garnett is considering opting out of his contract that would pay $22 million next season and $28 million the 2008-09 campaign.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5251502
TIMMM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject:

chucky atkins

trade mckie + cash for him??

atkins > smush on the offensive end. both can't play a lick of D
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject:

Smush is the better 2-way athlete. Absolutely need that. He's far better defensively than Chucky.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Mailman04
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject:

Lakers can't be after him, they have Smush and Farmar and Atkins isn't better than either
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:46 am    Post subject:

Pure speculation IMO. I can't imagine him in L.A. again. And quite frankly don't want to.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
DocK36
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject:

Don't do it Mitch! as far as Chucky goes.

A big "Do it Mitch!" for KG.
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject:

magic_bryant wrote:
Smush is the better 2-way athlete. Absolutely need that. He's far better defensively than Chucky.

its impossible for him to be far better considering he is one of the worst defesnive players in the league
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject:

Garnett has also expressed his fondness for Chicago and says he considers it to be his second home.
LkrsOvrMia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject:

targetman wrote:
Garnett has also expressed his fondness for Chicago and says he considers it to be his second home.

He played high school ball in Chicago.

Go Lakers!

Go Lakers!
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject:

LkrsOvrMia wrote:
targetman wrote:

He played high school ball in Chicago.

Go Lakers!

Hopefully he considers Malibu his first home
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject:

that article is incorrect - KG can't opt out after this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if LA traded for Atkins as a last resort.
Joseph Ferano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

its impossible for him to be far better considering he is one of the worst defesnive players in the league

Wow

You have no idea what youre talking about do you?
MSI P6N Platinum SLI
BFG 8800 GTX
2 X 74GB Raptor
2 X 500GB Caviar
Thermaltake 850w PSU
Thermaltake Big Typhoon
Antec P180
BenQ FP241w
The Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject:

Sucky Crapkins?

Could this be the big move we've been waiting for? That one last step to take us from contender to pretender.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject:

oh..please no. Not atkins. Id rather give Sasha some more time. At least sasha tries to play D
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject:

Joseph Ferano wrote:
vvbandit wrote:
magic_bryant wrote:

Wow

You have no idea what youre talking about do you?

So Smush isnt one of the worst defensive players in the league? Next time you watch a bball game make sure you look at whats happening besides the guy with the ball. Its physically impossible to play worse pick n roll and team defense than Smush. He does get steals from time to time but thats b/c he constantly reaches instead of trying to stay infront of his man. Please explain to me how Smush isnt one of the worst defensive players in the game and ill take you a little more seriously.
golakersgo121
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject:

vvbandit wrote:
So Smush isnt one of the worst defensive players in the league? Next time you watch a bball game make sure you look at whats happening besides the guy with the ball. Its physically impossible to play worse pick n roll and team defense than Smush. He does get steals from time to time but thats b/c he constantly reaches instead of trying to stay infront of his man. Please explain to me how Smush isnt one of the worst defensive players in the game and ill take you a little more seriously.

For as long as Steve Nash and, especially, Chucky Atkins get consistent minutes in the NBA, you can not call Smush one of the worst defenders at PG position
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject:

golakersgo121 wrote:
vvbandit wrote:

For as long as Steve Nash and, especially, Chucky Atkins get consistent minutes in the NBA, you can not call Smush one of the worst defenders at PG position

TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject:

I'll laugh my ASS off if, after all of this Kidd talk, we end up with CHUCKY ATKINS!!!

It would probably cost at least few Lakers fans a trip to the doctors office to relieve the chest pains.

Jake Speed, 1986
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Wow, we lose 5 straight and suddenly Sucky Crapkins to the rescue! :roll:
Prometheus8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject:

No way KG opt out of 50 million. That doesn't make sense.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject:

A couple things:

1. As emplay said above, KG doesn't have an opt out next year. The ETO is in his final year of the contract, so the article is playing fast and loose with the facts.

2. Chucky Atkins would actually make our defense much worse. Is that really what we are looking for? I don't think so. Been there, done that.
The Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject:

TEEGUNN wrote:
I'll laugh my ASS off if, after all of this Kidd talk, we end up with CHUCKY ATKINS!!!

It would probably cost at least few Lakers fans a trip to the doctors office to relieve the chest pains.

LMAO

I can picture it in my head right now. Here we are getting ready for a big trade involving Kidd and we end up getting Sucky Crapkins back. Mitch would get absolutley roasted by Laker fans if that happened. I can see Mitch giving the press conference for the trade and telling the media how Chucky just might be the next big step for this franchise.
drew4lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Slightly OT- Chucky's Return and KG's Demands

vanexelent wrote:
Came across this little tid bit from The Denver Post of all places.

Quote:
With the NBA trade deadline Thursday, keep an eye on Memphis guard Chucky Atkins. Detroit, Miami and the Los Angeles Lakers could use some veteran point guard help and Atkins is in the final year of his deal making $3 million. ... Word is that any team interested in acquiring Minnesota all-star forward Kevin Garnett better be certain up front that he is willing to re-sign with the new team. As crazy as it may sound, rumor is Garnett is considering opting out of his contract that would pay $22 million next season and $28 million the 2008-09 campaign.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5251502

I saw this too, but my automatic thought was this writer must not know what he's talking about.

My belief is that its a perfect example of someone with a limited amount of knowledge of the history involved who just thinks the Laker want an experienced point, Memphis might be lloking to move chucky and then just throws the two together. My gut reaction is that this is pure speculation on the writer's part with no real deep thought put into it.

The part on Garnett makes sense. If someone does trade for him, they have to have a reasonable belief they can hold on to him. Just seems like common sense to me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: