Dodgers 2021 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 393, 394, 395  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Bad news in terms of the pen coughing up what is normally insurmountable leads yet again.

Good news, both Muncy and Belli should be ready to go either Tues or Wed!

I'd expect us to drop tonight against Darvish but we should take the next 2 back to full strength.

Darvish has been hittable in his last 4 starts. 3 of them after the mlb announcement on sticky stuff.

22.1ip
12 ER
4.84 ERA

5.2ip avg per start
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject:

Bad game for Julio last night. We really never had a chance.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Bad game for Julio last night. We really never had a chance.

Yeah, every good pitcher has a bad game once in awhile. Too bad Mookie couldn't have saved him HR for when the bases were loaded but even then we might have still lost. Hopefully we can get the W tonight.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject:

Mad Max is back, Belli tomorrow!!!

No excuses beat these wannabes!
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject:

I’m excited to see what the bottom of our lineup can do today. Pollock/Souza to face Snell is a heck of a 8-9 to have vs Snell.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

That was a killer DP in the 8th (with bases loaded). Prob. the game.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:13 am    Post subject:

Of course we can't score off Snell, when the rest of the league has been destroying him. They just want it way more than we do when we play them. It's like their Super Bowl, and we haven't matched their intensity. If we get them in the postseason, I don't love the matchup. They are one of the only teams in MLB that actually run (they have like 20 steals more than any other team), and they will exploit that to death if they play us in games that really matter. I think we're a better team over 162 games if we stay relatively healthy, and our schedule is pretty easy from here on out, but I worry about playing them in a short series. Darvish and Snell in particular seem to do quite well against us.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:09 am    Post subject:

Nearly half way in to the season, how are we all feeling? Do we repeat or not?

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:

We're not the best team in the league, that's for sure. We don't have that many players playing at an elite level at the moment.

Buehler is for sure.
Muncy is.
Bauer? It's debatable due to the new crackdown.
Jansen? He is pitching at an elite level right now, but he scares me.

In order for us to win the title, we need more players playing at an elite level.

It's looking like our first rd opponent is going to be within our own division. Either we win the division and play SD/SF in the NLDS or, we make the WC and play SD/SF then play SD/SF in the NLDS.

Either way, it's going to be tough. I think our last 11 games vs. SD/SF, we're 2-9.

We just lost to SF 1-3 in the last 4 game series.
We just lost 0-2 to SD in this series and I think the last series in LA (during our slump), we lost to them (1-3). We also lost the last game of the 1st series vs. SD.

So, 2-9 in our last 11 games vs. SD/SF and we're very likely to meet one of these 2 in the playoffs, if not both.

Also, we have a huge weakness. We can't hit lefthanded pitching for sheet..
Snell came into the game with a 5.50+ ERA and we couldn't hit him. I don't think we've ever scored off of Weathers? I think we've faced Weathers 3-4 times now and I don't remember ever scoring off of him.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

We're not the best team in the league, that's for sure. We don't have that many players playing at an elite level at the moment.

Buehler is for sure.
Muncy is.
Bauer? It's debatable due to the new crackdown.
Jansen? He is pitching at an elite level right now, but he scares me.

In order for us to win the title, we need more players playing at an elite level.

It's looking like our first rd opponent is going to be within our own division. Either we win the division and play SD/SF in the NLDS or, we make the WC and play SD/SF then play SD/SF in the NLDS.

Either way, it's going to be tough. I think our last 11 games vs. SD/SF, we're 2-9.

We just lost to SF 1-3 in the last 4 game series.
We just lost 0-2 to SD in this series and I think the last series in LA (during our slump), we lost to them (1-3). We also lost the last game of the 1st series vs. SD.

So, 2-9 in our last 11 games vs. SD/SF and we're very likely to meet one of these 2 in the playoffs, if not both.

Also, we have a huge weakness. We can't hit lefthanded pitching for sheet..
Snell came into the game with a 5.50+ ERA and we couldn't hit him. I don't think we've ever scored off of Weathers? I think we've faced Weathers 3-4 times now and I don't remember ever scoring off of him.

two things stand out to me.

I mean we started 13-2, and I get were not at full strength. But at the same time

1) Bullpen is terrible, that 8 run blow to arizona is indication were nowhere ready for any playoff series. I get Doc is playing around with sending players back and forth to OKC, but thats bad.

2)Were just not playing championship baseball. Its like we have moments where we look like it, but then we suffer back breaking loses, as the series against SD is showing us. Kershaw is not the Kershaw he use to be, he's like 8-7 and Bauer is 7-5.

Somewhat optimistic, but looks more likely were going to flunk out early in the playoffs. Hope im wrong though

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject:

DrWolf wrote:
Somewhat optimistic, but looks more likely were going to flunk out early in the playoffs. Hope im wrong though

Here’s some optimism for you. No one in the NL stands out right now.

Outside of the NL West, who has the best team? Mets? Cubs? Brewere? They’re all suspect.

Yeah, we don’t have the fire this year so far, that’s for sure.

- So many players are having down years compared to last year: Betts, Seager, Pollock, etc.

- We can’t throw out runners this year for some reason.

But, we know the talent is definitely there. And we know alot are coming back from injury. It’s really up to the players though. We need some guys to turn it around offensively. Can Betts be this bad for the entire year? He’s batting .250 coming up on the 1/2 way mark. That might be his career low?

We traded for a .300 hitter, got a .290+ hitter last year who’s regressed to .250 this year. That 12 year contract is starting to look a bit suspect.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject:

They said on the broadcast yesterday the Dodgers starting core players have played only 3 games together this season.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Outside of the NL West, who has the best team? Mets? Cubs? Brewere? They’re all suspect.

- So many players are having down years compared to last year: Betts, Seager, Pollock, etc.

But, we know the talent is definitely there. And we know alot are coming back from injury. It’s really up to the players though. We need some guys to turn it around offensively. Can Betts be this bad for the entire year? He’s batting .250 coming up on the 1/2 way mark. That might be his career low?

We traded for a .300 hitter, got a .290+ hitter last year who’s regressed to .250 this year. That 12 year contract is starting to look a bit suspect.

I'm convinced the Giants won't lose another series the rest of the year.

They have that unique combination of everyone playing way over their heads combined with their opponents playing like utter morons (ie Angels today who have blown at least 3 chances to win since the 9th inning. Giants are now winning 9-2 in the 13th).

I'm still so irked that we let them back into the division losing the last 3 after winning the first 4. It's frustrating as they are not this good but they don't appear like they'll start losing anytime soon.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:37 pm    Post subject:

oasisdude77 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

I'm convinced the Giants won't lose another series the rest of the year.

They have that unique combination of everyone playing way over their heads combined with their opponents playing like utter morons (ie Angels today who have blown at least 3 chances to win since the 9th inning. Giants are now winning 9-2 in the 13th).

I'm still so irked that we let them back into the division losing the last 3 after winning the first 4. It's frustrating as they are not this good but they don't appear like they'll start losing anytime soon.

Yeah, sometimes teams just get on a roll for a whole year. That was us in 1988. We weren't the most talented but we found ways to win.

The Giants are that team right now. Their stats don't really stand out but they get the job done.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject:

It's hard watching the Dodgers right now. Repeating is difficult.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

Don't give up hope!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject:

A lot of guys need to come back to earth in SF and SF. And a few have yet to take off in LA. Keep the faith
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:32 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

watching them is like getting punched in the mouth repeatedly. curious they still have a winning record, I give Roberts credit for that.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:33 pm    Post subject:

btw, Trevor Bauer Jr pitching to Trevor Bauer Sr... was like a gut wrenching. LOL
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Advanced stats adore Mookie. He definitely remains a top MLB player. If anything, he's been fairly unlucky.
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
32 wrote:

watching them is like getting punched in the mouth repeatedly. curious they still have a winning record, I give Roberts credit for that.

This is honestly the least amount of joy I’ve had in a long time watching these guys. It’s always a feeling of inevitability of doom. Like when we tied it in the 8th, I wasn’t happy as I knew there was a good chance we’d give it right back. And we have. And it’s the way we have as well. A ball that should’ve been caught, Turner not getting machado on a routine groundball and now a bases loaded walk.

This team is pure ass right now.

And I give Roberts credit for nothing. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. We win in spite of him
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Advanced stats adore Mookie. He definitely remains a top MLB player. If anything, he's been fairly unlucky.

Yup, advanced stats love Mookie. It’s probably his defense that’s giving him a positive WAR. His offense has been ass though.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject:

The problem for the Dodgers is that they have serious competition from 2 teams this season, all in the state of California. Usually the past couple of years they would just run away from the division and their only serious threats would come in the playoffs.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Yup, advanced stats love Mookie. It’s probably his defense that’s giving him a positive WAR. His offense has been ass though.

Advanced batting stats love him, too.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
DrWolf wrote:

Advanced batting stats love him, too.

This year? Because he’s been pretty ass offensively
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 393, 394, 395  Next
Page 74 of 395
Jump to: