How many rings do we need to win for the LeBron era to have been worth it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How many rings for the LeBron/Klutch era to have been worth it?
Just the one was enough
68%
 68%  [ 24 ]
20%
 20%  [ 7 ]
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
4 or more
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 35

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject:

When we signed Bron in 2018, I had a lukewarm reaction. I honestly thought we would be getting him way past his prime and he would decline heavily, and we would not win a title, maybe make the playoffs a few times.

Then when we got AD, I definitely thought we had a legit shot.

For me, one title is a big win. The Lakers won a title, past Bron's athletic prime. That's huge in itself. Now they're trying to Tom Brady like his career out. Lets see what happens.

All I know is like with anything, you have to take the good with the bad. Even with greats like Magic, Kobe, Shaq etc. You always had some bad aspects to their contributions. We're all ignoring all that. Bron comes with some downsides, but he is a winner. This can not be disputed. His agenda is to win. You may not like that signing him means you lose your longterm "assets" for shorterm immediate gains. But as Shaq said, 2+2-4, he is proven. So is Bron. 2 in MIA. 1 in CLE. Then 1 here.

The biggest casualty in signing him was what Brandon Ingram, as he was arguably the most talented player we lost (Or Randle)? The 1-9 Pelicans don't make me jealous. Neither do the Wolves with DLO. Or the Knicks. We could have had maybe more years of competing for playoff spots, but we had no path to a title. This move created a path to a title.

If anything, I am still shocked at how Bron plays. He's in year 19. I look back at Kobe. He was not even close to this level at that age and year 19. It's been working out ok, I mean the guy is a superstar still. His contract is not a hindrance to the team. It's an asset.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:14 am    Post subject:

One more (total of 2) to pass the leprechauns. After that, it will be a long time until we sniff another championship.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

we are riding him to the end and when its time to rebuild we will have the money.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

As stated earlier, winning one was the minimum acceptable result. If one can translate "worth it" into a letter grade, one ring passes but with a D+. Still passes but could have been so much better.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
As stated earlier, winning one was the minimum acceptable result. If one can translate "worth it" into a letter grade, one ring passes but with a D+. Still passes but could have been so much better.

D+ is a passing grade?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: