AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 175, 176, 177  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject:

There should be a full tape of Reeves for other HCs to give to young ballers on how to play this game the right way because my man Hillbilly Kobe plays the game the right way.

The angles he takes on D to make up for his lack of speed, the hard work, the no gel in his hair cause he don't care cause he's all business and all about Ws........

He's a future coach and he's my favorite Laker.

Kiss my Converse.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:06 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
governator wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Guarded lamelo the best, guarded Rozier the best, guarded Hayward the best. The kid is outplaying all expectations

The box out on their bigs when AD switched on picks, excellent

Noticed that too. Lebron gets flak for his roster influence. But he is the first one who seemed to push for this kid to be signed for a NBA rotation/12 man roster. All contenders have a role player like Austin, who do all these little things.

The thing with reaves is that he is very playable on offense as well. Can shoot 3s, can drive and can pass. Players like this normally gets paid, but reaves doesn’t have a strong body yet. If he can keep this up, i am totally ok with trading THT

Or maybe THT and Nunn will show they can be 2-way guys. Then you have an option at the 3 (THT) 1/2 (Nunn/Reaves). A lot of interchangability there on D, with AD/Bron at the 5/4.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Hard_Butter wrote:
There should be a full tape of Reeves for other HCs to give to young ballers on how to play this game the right way because my man Hillbilly Kobe plays the game the right way.

The angles he takes on D to make up for his lack of speed, the hard work, the no gel in his hair cause he don't care cause he's all business and all about Ws........

He's a future coach and he's my favorite Laker.

Or how to succeed without freakish body in the NBA
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:14 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
governator wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Guarded lamelo the best, guarded Rozier the best, guarded Hayward the best. The kid is outplaying all expectations

Noticed that too. Lebron gets flak for his roster influence. But he is the first one who seemed to push for this kid to be signed for a NBA rotation/12 man roster. All contenders have a role player like Austin, who do all these little things.

Lebron wasn't, Rondo was. If you look at Rondo talking before Reaves was signed, he was always talking about Reaves. I don't believe I heard Bron talk about Reaves in that time frame. I don't even remember Bron talking about him. I did see him bring Reaves on the court to get shots up, after he was signed.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Probably 2nd or 3rd best defender on the team.

Only AB might have him beat.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:01 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
governator wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Lebron wasn't, Rondo was. If you look at Rondo talking before Reaves was signed, he was always talking about Reaves. I don't believe I heard Bron talk about Reaves in that time frame. I don't even remember Bron talking about him. I did see him bring Reaves on the court to get shots up, after he was signed.

Bron went to a summer league game and was cheering him on after a great play and afterwards saying nothing but great things. He also talked about watching a ton of tape of Reaves and loved his tenacity and high bbiq, this was all well before the season even started.

Reaves also got signed to the full contract a day or two I believe after Bron's player only Mini Camp in Vegas. Pretty obvious he had his hand in Reaves signing the full contract.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Not even HBK could survive the Lakers medical/training staff.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:51 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
governator wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Bron went to a summer league game and was cheering him on after a great play and afterwards saying nothing but great things. He also talked about watching a ton of tape of Reaves and loved his tenacity and high bbiq, this was all well before the season even started.

Reaves also got signed to the full contract a day or two I believe after Bron's player only Mini Camp in Vegas. Pretty obvious he had his hand in Reaves signing the full contract.
Hope he's back in action soon.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Laker training staff is straight out of your local high school. Just pathetic. Sure injury happens, but this is way too common in lakerland.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Not even HBK could survive the Lakers medical/training staff.

It's unbelievable. We can't stay healthy for the last 10 years or so.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
governator wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Everyone was cheering Reaves on after a great play in summer league. Lol No he didn't get signed 2 days after announcing his mini camp. Not saying Bron didn't have anything to do with Reaves being signed. Most likely he did because it seems things run through Bron about signings and moves.. I'm saying the main person talking about Reaves was Rondo. That was before summer league games, the mini camp and so forth. He may have talked about him to Bron and Lebron may have jumped on board. None the less, it's dope the Lakers signed him, seeing he has potential.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Khizar
@KhizHoops
·
30m
Lowest DFG% in the NBA (min. 100 DFGA)

PJ Tucker - 34.6%
Austin Reaves - 34.9%
Deni Avdija - 35.1%
Bruce Brown - 35.2%
Draymond Green - 36.4%
Bam Adebayo - 36.7%
Evan Fournier - 37%
Devin Booker - 37.5%
Derrick White - 37.5%
Alex Caruso - 37.9%
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Interesting stat:
Quote:
The Lakers are faring 15.4 points better per 100 possessions with Reaves on the floor than without, per NBA.com.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Laker training staff is straight out of your local high school. Just pathetic. Sure injury happens, but this is way too common in lakerland.

A byproduct of the volume of early injuries is overextension of the remaining players. Reaves gives so much effort, it probably would have been better to bring his minutes along more gradually. But the lack of healthy bodies necessitated a bigger role.

Reaves will be fine and will continue to learn from the sidelines. We have a long season of growth in front of us.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Reaves defesinve assignment FG%

Overall 42.2 to 34.9 -7.3
Greater Than 15 Ft 34.9 to 32.3 -2.6
3 Pointers 34.2 to 29.6 -4.6
2 Pointers 49.4 to 40.4 -9.0
Less Than 6 Ft 57.9 to 57.7 -0.2
Less Than 10 Ft 53.7 to 44.1 -9.6
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

A byproduct of the volume of early injuries is overextension of the remaining players. Reaves gives so much effort, it probably would have been better to bring his minutes along more gradually. But the lack of healthy bodies necessitated a bigger role.

Reaves will be fine and will continue to learn from the sidelines. We have a long season of growth in front of us.

Hoping that hamstring will not effect his defense. He should be fully heal before coming back
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

THT should learn some defense like how this kid is doing. THT has the physical tools to be a good defender, I just dont know about his IQ.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

LOL, I don't know why folks say our training staff sucks. Why? Players get hurt, that's life as a professional athlete. Other teams have injuries also. I mean, UCLA Health is pretty world renowned.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I wouldn’t place this on the med staff. Seems pretty obvious to me that this is a roster construction issue.

You don’t want to overburden your current 2-way players….uh, maybe spend towards personnel that allots you the luxury of bringing in your rookies gradually rather than having to be so overly reliant on them.

It’s wild to think that a championship or bust roster is so dependent on an undrafted rookie for wing defense…yikes!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
hype wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
governator wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Everyone was cheering Reaves on after a great play in summer league. Lol No he didn't get signed 2 days after announcing his mini camp. Not saying Bron didn't have anything to do with Reaves being signed. Most likely he did because it seems things run through Bron about signings and moves.. I'm saying the main person talking about Reaves was Rondo. That was before summer league games, the mini camp and so forth. He may have talked about him to Bron and Lebron may have jumped on board. None the less, it's dope the Lakers signed him, seeing he has potential.

I said he signed 2 days after the mini camp and you're right it was less then 24 hours since the mini camp was over the weekend and he was signed to the full minimum the following Monday after Bron said this..

Quote:
“That he’s an NBA player,” LeBron said when asked about what Reaves showed in Vegas. “He can play at this level, play at a high level. I watched a lot of film on him when we [signed] him actually. I knew right away that he could be an NBA player at this level. His size, his shot-making ability, his pick-and-roll play, his passing. High-IQ kid and he got a lot of dog in him, too. That transfers to our game.”

About the Summer League, it's obviously much different when an all time great player on your team cheers for you and it was a play that actually everyone else wasn't cheering since it was a high iq defensive play and Reaves even said after the game he normally doesn't listen to the crowd but when Bron was yelling and cheering he recognized the voice and realized who it was.

Bron was watching the tape as soon as he was signed, it had nothing to do with Rondo telling him anything?.. It's about as in your face and blatant as it gets imo.. I highly doubt Rondo has anywhere remotely close to that kind of clout to tell the FO or even Bron to sign Reaves to a full contract.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

We need you back Austin
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Will miss 2 weeks
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Will miss 2 weeks

Will be reevaluated in 2 weeks. We’ve seen that one before.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:39 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Will miss 2 weeks

What are trying to say? Seen it before with who?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Will miss 2 weeks

What are trying to say? Seen it before with who?

it started with Karl Malone back in 2004, every single season we have these kind of nagging injuries started out with no big deal and then turned into season long issue. Laker training/medical staff are trash, you get what you pay for i guess.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 14 of 177
Jump to: