How Interested Are You In The Lakers Within The Lebron Era?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:07 pm    Post subject: How Interested Are You In The Lakers Within The Lebron Era?

I have a hard time watching the games these day; My interest level have went down every year, since Lebron got here.

The 1st year he came, I was excited because we had young assets (Brandon Ingram, Zo, Josh Hart, Kuz, Caruso) and I became invested in watching their development as a core. I felt they would be valuable to our core future going forward. Then all except AC and Kuz got traded. The season was still interesting because you wanted to see how AD and Bron played together. Wanted to see how far they get. The bubble playoffs. The players they got were interesting and I liked them for the most part (Rondo, Dwight, Javale, Danny Green, Kieff, pope, etc). I was never a big fan of the Vogel hire, though I did like how they were constructing the coaching staff. So in turn, it made me fascinated in wanting to see how the team would do under them.

The next year I didn't care as much and this year I don't really care at all. It's not so much Lebron and AD, though they play a role in my lack of interest.... but more so the mismanagement of assets, seemingly no real vision for the Lakers, reseting the Lakers every year, no team system, no offensive schemes. Players I'm not really emotionally invested in (outside of Austin Reaves).

So it starts from the top and trickles down to the bottom. Right now, I just want the Lebron/Klutch era to be done with. But not just Bron, I want the Jeanie Buss era to be done with as well, unless she puts people in position that are qualified and allowed to do their job.

Last edited by Outspoken on Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Not sure. With Lebron, I feel there's a chance we can win every game. Before Lebron and after Kobe, there was that stretch were I knew were going to lose, absolutely, and that was against most teams.

My problem with the Lebron era is that he's just injured too much. That's pretty much it.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:20 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Not sure. With Lebron, I feel there's a chance we can win every game. Before Lebron and after Kobe, there was that stretch were I knew were going to lose, absolutely, and that was against most teams.

My problem with the Lebron era is that he's just injured too much. That's pretty much it.

I like the feeling of potentially winning every year. I don't really like changing of players every year. That's not a recipe for sustainable success. Every year it's "it's gonna take some time for us to develop chemistry." And that is despite the injuries because that makes it so it takes even more time.
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

I'm actually quite interested post LeBron.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Ditto. I'm ready for a rebuild.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

This speaks to how spoiled we are. We just went through a 10 year title drought before winning in 2020 - which included our worst stretch in franchise history - and people are ready for another rebuild while we're in a contention window.

Appreciate and enjoy where were at.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:43 pm    Post subject:

I don’t watch full games much but it has nothing to do with Lebron. Once the 2019-2020 season ended I didn’t watch any basketball until game 2 of the last finals. I watch bits and pieces this season and try to at least catch the 4th quarters. Again, I was excited when we signed Lebron but the premature ending in 2020 made me forget about watching games.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:47 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

This speaks to how spoiled we are. We just went through a 10 year title drought before winning in 2020 - which included our worst stretch in franchise history - and people are ready for another rebuild while we're in a contention window.

Appreciate and enjoy where were at.

I said that and now I'm watching the game and thinking how hard it is to enjoy this current team.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I think some fans just care that the Laker organisation wins championships, while some others rather the team 'do it the right way' even if it doesn't end up with a chip. Most fans likely fall somewhere in the middle.

The last time I fully enjoyed watching the team was probably the season we beat Boston in the finals. That was an AMAZING run. Ever since that I watch it cuz Kobe was on the team, and after he retired it's cuz I was invested in the team already.

This season though, I still watch the Lakers, but I enjoy watching the Warriors and Bulls play WAAAAY more
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

I'm having these exact same feelings. It's hard to judge the FO fairly, because they've given LeBron so much control over the franchise...as far as on the court matters. Granted, it won us a championship. And, for some, a championship is all that matters. But, it's cost us a lot of youth, and...outside a few shining young talents (THT, Reaves, Chaundee Brown(?)), the Lakers future looks bleak. The rest of the roster is old. And, for all of AD's elite talent, he does NOT have elite mentality.

Once LeBron is gone, and the Lakers go into rebuild mode, we'll see what this FO can truly do. Without LeBron/Klutch Sports. Imo, the Walton/young squad years were fun. Walton was underappreciated, and the issues that people were screaming mad about Walton, are the same ones they're screaming mad about with Vogel. Except, Walton actually had offensive philosophies and game planning, that showed in-game.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Its hard to get excited for a team that comes out of the gates flat footed nearly every single night.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:35 pm    Post subject:

A Lakers team… 100% interested, all the time lol. Now, I been more interested before, the three peat was my peak, the 2010 Celtic revenge, the rookie Lonzo season lol (I was hyped after that summer league), the Kobe scoring run season… I love them all, some more than other but P n G in the vein
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Still the same as ever.

The most annoying thing to me is the injuries. I feel like we haven't been able to play our best basketball because we haven't had the right guys healthy.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Still the same as ever.

The most annoying thing to me is the injuries. I feel like we haven't been able to play our best basketball because we haven't had the right guys healthy.

Or the right guys assembled.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: How Interested Are You In The Lakers Within The Lebron Era?

Outspoken wrote:
I have a hard time watching the games these day; My interest level have went down every year, since Lebron got here.

The 1st year he came, I was excited because we had young assets (Brandon Ingram, Zo, Josh Hart, Kuz, Caruso) and I became invested in watching their development as a core. I felt they would be valuable to our core future going forward. Then all except AC and Kuz got traded.

For me, I can't say watching a core group of players develop is interesting it itself. The interesting thing is whether they perform well together. And really, none of the Lakers success over the past 25 years is based on a young core developing together. It was based on trading for veterans and stars.

I enjoyed the Lebron/AD ring team tremendously. The team this year interests me much less because they are so disjointed.

But I don't have any particular emotion attachment to the 5 players you mention (Brandon Ingram, Zo, Josh Hart, Kuz, Caruso). I look at their names and shrug. I don't care what they are doing today or how their careers progress.

That said, the current Lakers team is about as mercenary a group of professional athletes as you can find.

On one level, I think that does break the illusion of fans having a special bond with the players, and of the players caring about the fans as anything more than an interchangeable group of customers.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:35 pm    Post subject:

If you don't like him, then don't watch him. No need to make a thread about it. I don't wanna watch the Lakers without Lebron because 6 consecutive years of missing the playoffs was enough for me.

What do you think of number 17 because that was all Lebron? Thanks for #17. Cya later? You ungrateful fan.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

winners win...and are used to winning...

losers lose...and are used to rebuilding...so you can create your own fantasies ...lol
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
If you don't like him, then don't watch him. No need to make a thread about it. I don't wanna watch the Lakers without Lebron because 6 consecutive years of missing the playoffs was enough for me.

What do you think of number 17 because that was all Lebron? Thanks for #17. Cya later? You ungrateful fan.

ditto for you regarding westbrook or what you call westbr!ck...dont watch...stop non stop complaining
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

I also am waiting for post LeBron.

I'm not talking about just playing days... I'm praying he doesn't keep running the team after he retires.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

When they play D, I love it. When they are a turnstile, I want to throw something at my TV.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: How Interested Are You In The Lakers Within The Lebron Era?

activeverb wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

The 1st year he came, I was excited because we had young assets (Brandon Ingram, Zo, Josh Hart, Kuz, Caruso) and I became invested in watching their development as a core. I felt they would be valuable to our core future going forward. Then all except AC and Kuz got traded.

For me, I can't say watching a core group of players develop is interesting it itself. The interesting thing is whether they perform well together. And really, none of the Lakers success over the past 25 years is based on a young core developing together. It was based on trading for veterans and stars.

I enjoyed the Lebron/AD ring team tremendously. The team this year interests me much less because they are so disjointed.

But I don't have any particular emotion attachment to the 5 players you mention (Brandon Ingram, Zo, Josh Hart, Kuz, Caruso). I look at their names and shrug. I don't care what they are doing today or how their careers progress.

That said, the current Lakers team is about as mercenary a group of professional athletes as you can find.

On one level, I think that does break the illusion of fans having a special bond with the players, and of the players caring about the fans as anything more than an interchangeable group of customers.

I actually really liked our championship squad. It was unintentionally really good. I don't think they expected them to be that good and then I feel they over played their hand the next year. Then the following year, they blew it all up around our core of Bron and AD, and started putting a puzzle together blind.

With the youngsters, I seen them being a valuable core to stars. We had Bron, managed to free up another max spot. Maybe get rid of those that didn't work and keep the most valuable 1 or 2. I was irritated how we mismanaged our assets, I still do, but with our championship squad, I really lliked them. We also still had Kuz and AC. Kuz inconsistencies used to get on my nerves and I felt they bet on the wrong horse (in youngsters). I never thought his head was fully in the game, but I'm not here to judge. I used to want him traded, but not just a random trade, a beneficial one, but grass is greener theory. Westbrook, some of his plays, trumps kuz getting on my nerves. Jesus! I said give him the keys, but he would drive us off a cliff if we didn't have Bron as the driving conductor. His IQ is low AS HELL. But he plays with energy and passion, all game, gotta commend that. Not that I want Kuz back, but we could have did better in improving our team. We got rid of valuable pieces every year. We got what we got though, it is what it is.

I agree with this seeming more like a mercenary squad. The pieces are all over the place. I seriously don't even know what they were thinking, beyond getting another playmaker to relieve some of the duties from Bron and 2 5's because AD doesn't like playing it and it worked for us in our championship year. We don't have defense, no offensive scheme, team has no identity, don't play hard for 4 quarters, (outside of Bron, Rondo, Austin Reaves) the IQ on this team is not good.

I'm actually more interested to see how this story unfolds than the games; like are we gonna make more trades? Is the coach gonna be fired? Are we gonna make the playoffs if we keep this squad? Is Bron gonna carry THIS squad to the championship? What if they actually win a championship? Lol though I still watch the games because I'm a loyal supporter.

Last edited by Outspoken on Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

I watched when we put out Ryan Kelly and Robert Sacre and im watching now. I prefer now to the intentional tanking for a higher pick. When we were angry if the Lakers actually won a game. Only for us to miss on a star anyways.

We took a detour from tanking to trying to compete. I thank Lebron for picking us and taking us from the laughing stock of the league to NBA champions again.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

I also am waiting for post LeBron.

I'm not talking about just playing days... I'm praying he doesn't keep running the team after he retires.

pelicans forum is still waiting for sentiment_meat...
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
I watched when we put out Ryan Kelly and Robert Sacre and im watching now. I prefer now to the intentional tanking for a higher pick. When we were angry if the Lakers actually won a game. Only for us to miss on a star anyways.

We took a detour from tanking to trying to compete. I thank Lebron for picking us and taking us from the laughing stock of the league to NBA champions again.

u telling me its no fun in living in fantasies like BI being the next KD and Lonzo being the next magic?

damm thanks for ruining it
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Doesn't matter who we got on the team. I am always interested in any Lakers team. Even with the lottery era prior to Lebron, I was always interested in what could happen.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: