The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1623, 1624, 1625 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Small ball lineup works...when the players bring the energy. You have to trap, switch and do it fast for it to work and rebound as a team. They did that tonight don't always do it. It works better when you have AD, LBJ & another legit forward playing together. If LBJ & Melo are PF is there a SF on the roster?

Ariza and LBJ are your "classic" ones...but in the small ball scenario you describe, leaves just Ariza.

A guy like Batum would work wonders. Some folks on these boards were clamoring for us to get him before the Clips did...I wish I was one of them, but I was not.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
DrDent wrote:
LBJ at 5, AD at 4, hmmm. I mean, the positions are really all whatever anyway, but LBJ is strong enough to handle basically any Center not named Steven Adams. Size difference for folks shooting over him is a different matter.

I have been wanting LeBron at the 5 for a couple of years now

Quote:
The LeBron at the 5 lineups have outscored opponents 65-44 in the 21 minutes they've played this season

https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/1463729816872517632?s=21
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:50 pm    Post subject:

I mean LBJ at whatever position is usually a winning proposition. 😆
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Luke does deserve a second chance on the Lakers as one of Frank’s assistants.

Instead of playing Josh Hart at Center we can go with Lebron
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

If DG can play center? So can lebron, but we have to play melo, monk, Ellington because it only works with spacing on offense.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject:

James can simply be amazing at times. Just wish the Lakers had him five years ago. Laker Lebron can’t sustain this level of play every night for an entire season.

Too bad.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject:

that was just a special performance by Lebron.. wow.. amazing close out.

just wished he didn't bother kicking out the fans.. just don't need the added negative drama around the team.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

just wished he didn't bother kicking out the fans.. just don't need the added negative drama around the team.

read a couple of comments from people who said they were at the game claiming she told Lebron that she hopes hiis son dies in a car crash.

Now if this is true...I dont give a flying (bleep) somebody tell me that im personally throwing that person out..That (bleep) is downright evil and EVIL BEGONE!!
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:

read a couple of comments from people who said they were at the game claiming she told Lebron that she hopes he dies in a car crash.

Now if this is true...I dont give a flying (bleep) somebody tell me that im personally throwing that person out..That (bleep) is downright evil and EVIL BEGONE!!

if true, that's a severe over reaction on Lebron's part... he needs to toughen up and tune those things out ... that's just being too sensitive.

I just can't handle it anymore, having to defend Lebron for people calling him a snowflake, ... just because some girl tells him a hypothetical situation that may never happen.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:

read a couple of comments from people who said they were at the game claiming she told Lebron that she hopes he dies in a car crash.

if true, that's a severe over reaction on Lebron's part... he needs to toughen up and tune those things out ... that's just being too sensitive.

I just can't handle it anymore, having to defend Lebron for people calling him a snowflake, ... just because some girl tells him a hypothetical situation that may never happen.

Correction she said she hoped his son dies. Lol i've played soccer for like 15+ years in Europe. Played in some racist (bleep) towns...You dont just tune it out. Been called a monkey-terrorist etc etc etc. It's impossible to tune that (bleep) out. But i ain't ever heard someone wish death upon someones child. That (bleep) is (bleep) up and is not something that should be tuned out. There is a line that has to be drawn. Stuff like that ain't trash talk.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:54 am    Post subject:

As much as I loved his performance, I’m worried he didn’t take DS off the dribble and finish hard.
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:30 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I just can't handle it anymore, having to defend Lebron for people calling him a snowflake, ... just because some girl

tells him a hypothetical situation that may never happen.

We get it. You don’t like LeBron. He overreacted but Stewart didn’t. You don’t even make sense. Another trash post.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:10 am    Post subject:

Lebron at the 5 doesn't seem too sustainable but man his defense was so impressive. The Pacers had both Sabonis and Turner on the floor for stretches and Lebron was still able to defend the interior effectively. I feel like he has never really gotten his due as a defender outside of his Miami years.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:46 am    Post subject:

Lebron used to defend Perkins as a 5 in the Miami/OKC match up way back in 2012 NBA Finals. He's done it before. He's more than capable to play the 5 for some bursts of 4-6 minutes. If our 4th Q lineups are AD or Bron at the 5, it will work, IMO. We just need a traditinal 5 like DeAndre/Dwight those earlier parts of the game.

I keep saying I love playing super big with AD at the 4 to start game and then going to faster small ball to close out games. It's been our recipe to win titles in the Gasol/Kobe era as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:46 am    Post subject:

Bron da man, peak Bron/AD combo is the ultimate small ball bigs but we know neither is close at their peak. AD is playing hurt, 3s not dropping and Bron no longer drives like before… hope one more run with an acclimated Westbrook and our snipers catching fire is enough in the playoff
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:12 am    Post subject:

BIG BALLS

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:24 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

She got what she wanted. Her frowning face is on the cover of ESPN today.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:48 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:

read a couple of comments from people who said they were at the game claiming she told Lebron that she hopes hiis son dies in a car crash.

I also saw another post claiming the guy tried to spit on LeBron and said “I hope you get COVID”.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I also saw another post claiming the guy tried to spit on LeBron and said “I hope you get COVID”.

wow that was what it took to get into Lebron's nerves? what's up with Lebron nowadays...he's damn too sensitive.

he's dealt with the worst before... Stephenson, Draymond, etc... he handled those guys with poise... but now,he hits a guy on the face because of being boxed out... then the next game, gets fans kicked out because of meaningless threats.

as your nick suggest, he needs to not be a wuss.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:29 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:

wow that was what it took to get into Lebron's nerves? what's up with Lebron nowadays...he's damn too sensitive.

he's dealt with the worst before... Stephenson, Draymond, etc... he handled those guys with poise... but now,he hits a guy on the face because of being boxed out... then the next game, gets fans kicked out because of meaningless threats.

Would you please dial it back? Your posts all say the same thing and your act is old. Very, very old. If you have nothing to contribute but nonstop trolling criticism of our top player then find somewhere else to post.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Drifts wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:

Would you please dial it back? Your posts all say the same thing and your act is old. Very, very old. If you have nothing to contribute but nonstop trolling criticism of our top player then find somewhere else to post.

ok ill take that as we can't criticize Lebron. noted on that.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Drifts wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:

these aren't even valid criticisms. Wtf are you criticizing here?? Aw he should have kept his poise. The fact that he didn't when for the most part of his career he has should tell you something. Who knows what was being said. But just basing of off your latest comments i'd say you expect players to be emotionless.

Lines need to be drawn. Fans aren't allowed to just come out there and act like they are entitled to say whatever to a player just because they paid for court side seats. Trash talking is good for sports. However bringing in family and race is just being an outright (bleep) person.

If in fact they did say what has been rumored im surprised Lebron didn't drop kick them.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Drifts wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:

these aren't even valid criticisms. Wtf are you criticizing here?? Aw he should have kept his poise. The fact that he didn't when for the most part of his career he has should tell you something. Who knows what was being said. But just basing of off your latest comments i'd say you expect players to be emotionless.

I know right, it's not even a criticism per se, and people are getting their under garments in a bunch.. all I said was that I wish Lebron just ignored those fans, and it would have been a perfect game. I wish Lebron would tune those things out.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Drifts wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:

I know right, it's not even a criticism per se, and people are getting their under garments in a bunch.. all I said was that I wish Lebron just ignored those fans, and it would have been a perfect game. I wish Lebron would tune those things out.

I dont even think it was a perfect game to be honest I think those two made him splash three buckets in a row or something.

Good thing he didn't tune them out!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

This isn't even about LBJ. This is about you being an annoying poster and borderline troll on many topics.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1623, 1624, 1625 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1624 of 2079
Jump to: