How Interested Are You In The Lakers Within The Lebron Era?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:35 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
I'm actually quite interested post LeBron.
Ditto. I'm ready for a rebuild.

I also am waiting for post LeBron.

I'm not talking about just playing days... I'm praying he doesn't keep running the team after he retires.

pelicans forum is still waiting for sentiment_meat...

So wait, are you telling me that you want LBJ running the team after he retires?

Just want to make sure you are clear on that... because if you don't want him running the team then we are in agreement.

If you do want him running the team then we aren't
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:40 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
LGFan wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

I'm not talking about just playing days... I'm praying he doesn't keep running the team after he retires.

So wait, are you telling me that you want LBJ running the team after he retires?

Just want to make sure you are clear on that... because if you don't want him running the team then we are in agreement.

what i want to make sure is you go back to ur previous name and stop hiding behind the new name posting the same content, so we can ignore the content and move on
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Surely a lot more interesting than watching the lakers post Kobe, pre lebron. Super stars put people in their seats
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:45 pm    Post subject:

I usually watch the 4th Q and the playoffs, and as bad as this season may be, it is still better than the long drought of no playoff expectations.

I'm not a LBJ fan but I still prefer to watch this Lakers team than being a lottery team with picks that go to other teams.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Still watch every game. Have for years now. I find each era, even the rebuild eras, has its own facets or characters that make it entertaining and special.

Have to admit this years team has way too many characters on the roster I simply don’t like very much. This years team is about as frustrating as I can remember in years.

No sustained intensity or chemistry. Too willing to settle for bad shots or not commit to working hard on defense. IMO a team with too many past stars playing on their reputations instead of for this year. Opponents are simply not impressed by their career accomplishments and are like sharks smelling blood in the water.

Hope the team can turn it around soon. Season is a quarter over and so far I’m not overly impressed.

Will always watch due to the name on the front of the jersey. Not as caught up with the names on the back. I’ll still be here long after they retire or move on to other teams.

Go Lakers!

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
LGFan wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

what i want to make sure is you go back to ur previous name and stop hiding behind the new name posting the same content, so we can ignore the content and move on

You can easily ignore me or this sentiment meat character.

Meanwhile you didn't answer the question.

Do you want LBJ to run the organization or not?

If you don't answer or give another non answer I will assume you do.

I can definitely say I don't.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:49 pm    Post subject:

I remember watching Ronnie Price throw a shoe and Jordan Clarkson competing with Lin...Was not great to watch. 2020 title was (bleep) awesome. Got a chip out of it. Dont regret a thing.

But When the Lebron era is over so is the AD era. No way i see us keeping him if the team post Lebron ain't decent. Might as well find a suitable trade get some picks or some young talent.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:25 pm    Post subject:

I am not particularly thrilled to follow the development of our team this year. It’s like watching mercenaries for some reason though Lebron and AD brought that joy and glory in our championship run. Maybe because the team is just built for playoff or something. The games that I was able to watch feels like everyone is allergic to play defense or something. It’s just so frustrating and for some weird reason liberating to turn it off and do something else instead. I am hoping I can find that enthusiasm somehow closer to the playoff.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:24 am    Post subject:

I am a Lakers fan. So I'll watch every game I can. And I'll support whoever is wearing a Lakers uniform.

Did it while we had Ronnie Price as a starter and I'll do it now.

You guys are too concerned with things you can't control (who's in charge, Klutch, whatever). Just enjoy some Lakers basketball.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: How Interested Are You In The Lakers Within The Lebron Era?

Outspoken wrote:
So it starts from the top and trickles down to the bottom. Right now, I just want the Lebron/Klutch era to be done with. But not just Bron, I want the Jeanie Buss era to be done with as well, unless she puts people in position that are qualified and allowed to do their job.

I feel your pain. In general, I’ve been less engaged during the Lebron era because I never liked the idea of the Lakers becoming the latest franchise of Team Lebron. But oddly enough, I’m more engaged this year because this roster could either fail miserably or shock everyone by succeeding spectacularly. It’s intriguing.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject:

watching games, and seeing these players play with very low intensity, including Lebron, has definitely lowered my interests.

I still want them to win, but they just don't give a (bleep) sometimes, and quite often recently, it's depressing. Always, makes me miss Kobe every time.

I watch these guys play through the motions, they play like the spoiled millionaires they are. Kobe played every game like he was broke ass you know what, who needed to win the game to earn a living.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

We saw how the team was run prior to Lebron, no? Perennial lottery team, not going anywhere.

There is this assumption that the FO has no agency at all and Lebron makes all the decisions. I find this notion to be suspect. It is also striking that there is considerable overlap between people who complain about Lebron and his influence and people who complain about the FO in general. If you remove Lebron from the equation then we go back to the same lottery show we had before Lebron, with the same type of management and ownership decisions.

What people whining about Lebron also typically forget is that once the Lebron era is over, this team will likely be out of contention for the better part of a decade. People want to prematurely hasten this era out of their weird anti-Lebron bias. Why?

If you go back the last decade or so, we have a handful of teams that managed to win with "homegrown" talent, the Warriors (pre-Durant), the Bucks, the Spurs, and if you want to count the Cavs with Lebron's return. In each case there was a substantial waiting period: Warriors drafted Curry in 09, didn't win till 15. Spurs had a 7 year gap between pre-Kawhi and Kawhi era championship. Bucks had to wait 8 years for Giannis to get them a championship. And if you count the Cavs with Lebron's return, 13 years to see results on their draft pick.

So if you anti-Lebron folks get your way, it's going to be a long drought before the Lakers return to contention. There's no instant reload scenario that is likely to appear in front of the team. So I hope you're all prepared to piss and moan on here for a decade before the team is relevant again.

Lastly, it is worth mentioning there is probably such a thing as NBA team mortality--which we've seen with the Celtics. Just because the Lakers have dominated for most of the NBA history, there is no guarantee the team stays relevant for the rest of history. It is entirely possible they are eclipsed by the Clippers. It is totally possible the team becomes a basket case for more than a decade. It is totally possible the Lakers never win another championship again. These are possibilities the team faces upon the end of the Lebron era. Be careful what you're wishing for...
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: How Interested Are You In The Lakers Within The Lebron Era?

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
So it starts from the top and trickles down to the bottom. Right now, I just want the Lebron/Klutch era to be done with. But not just Bron, I want the Jeanie Buss era to be done with as well, unless she puts people in position that are qualified and allowed to do their job.

I feel your pain. In general, I’ve been less engaged during the Lebron era because I never liked the idea of the Lakers becoming the latest franchise of Team Lebron. But oddly enough, I’m more engaged this year because this roster could either fail miserably or shock everyone by succeeding spectacularly. It’s intriguing.

Coincidently, that's similar to what I said to Activeverb in here

Quote:

I'm actually more interested to see how this story unfolds than the games; like are we gonna make more trades? Is the coach gonna be fired? Are we gonna make the playoffs if we keep this squad? Is Bron gonna carry THIS squad to the championship? What if they actually win a championship? Lol though I still watch the games because I'm a loyal supporter.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:13 am    Post subject:

As a Lakers fan for 35+ years, I tend to find the championship-level teams more interesting than what we saw from 2011-2019. And when we had the YUTES, sure, it was fun to see organically grown talent, but it was pretty clear we didn't have that HOF-level lead player, and the results were praying for the ping pong gods to help us in the draft lottery.

Some may get a kick out of that but I didn't. Finally we get a championship level team, and that's what I would argue that most Lakers fans seek. But to each their own.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
eureca wrote:
I watched when we put out Ryan Kelly and Robert Sacre and im watching now. I prefer now to the intentional tanking for a higher pick. When we were angry if the Lakers actually won a game. Only for us to miss on a star anyways.

We took a detour from tanking to trying to compete. I thank Lebron for picking us and taking us from the laughing stock of the league to NBA champions again.

u telling me its no fun in living in fantasies like BI being the next KD and Lonzo being the next magic?

damm thanks for ruining it

The fantasy lives, it is now THT and Reaves.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:20 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

We saw how the team was run prior to Lebron, no? Perennial lottery team, not going anywhere.

There is this assumption that the FO has no agency at all and Lebron makes all the decisions. I find this notion to be suspect. It is also striking that there is considerable overlap between people who complain about Lebron and his influence and people who complain about the FO in general. If you remove Lebron from the equation then we go back to the same lottery show we had before Lebron, with the same type of management and ownership decisions.

What people whining about Lebron also typically forget is that once the Lebron era is over, this team will likely be out of contention for the better part of a decade. People want to prematurely hasten this era out of their weird anti-Lebron bias. Why?

If you go back the last decade or so, we have a handful of teams that managed to win with "homegrown" talent, the Warriors (pre-Durant), the Bucks, the Spurs, and if you want to count the Cavs with Lebron's return. In each case there was a substantial waiting period: Warriors drafted Curry in 09, didn't win till 15. Spurs had a 7 year gap between pre-Kawhi and Kawhi era championship. Bucks had to wait 8 years for Giannis to get them a championship. And if you count the Cavs with Lebron's return, 13 years to see results on their draft pick.

So if you anti-Lebron folks get your way, it's going to be a long drought before the Lakers return to contention. There's no instant reload scenario that is likely to appear in front of the team. So I hope you're all prepared to piss and moan on here for a decade before the team is relevant again.

Lastly, it is worth mentioning there is probably such a thing as NBA team mortality--which we've seen with the Celtics. Just because the Lakers have dominated for most of the NBA history, there is no guarantee the team stays relevant for the rest of history. It is entirely possible they are eclipsed by the Clippers. It is totally possible the team becomes a basket case for more than a decade. It is totally possible the Lakers never win another championship again. These are possibilities the team faces upon the end of the Lebron era. Be careful what you're wishing for...

It’s going to be a long road to contention no matter what Lebron chooses to do with his next contract.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject:

Not as interested as years past. Seeing a draft pick turn into a superstar, has a different feel to me.

Wishful thinking, the league is not the same, as well as the ownership.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject:

I was interested at first in the young players, but they weren't very good, and neither was the team, so the only interest in those seasons quickly devolved into looking forward to who the next draft pick might be. I find the current team much more interesting to watch.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Can't say I have much interest these days, aside from checking box scores and watching highlights. I would have preferred to see a homegrown team in the mold of San Antonio (1999-2014) or Golden State (2014-2019), but that required a Luka or Zion at the very least. Still wish they kept some of the young assets. I do like THT, but he's not BI or JR... yet.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:12 pm    Post subject:

Still watch also, but Lebrons style of basketball is just not as exciting as Kobe’s. The lakeshow with Nick and company through Kobe’s career - that was the height for me. They were so athletically gifted and fought so hard to win, everyone wanted to play like Kobe or Nick or Magic in my really younger years. Lebron’s style is different - just an unstoppable force like a bull or a howitzer (or was at least) - just appreciate the wins and enjoy watching as a pastime but it’s not the same level of emotional investment as before - maybe just getting older
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:49 am    Post subject:

I didn't really like LeBron before he came here, but I learned to respect and appreciate him. I especially learned to respect and appreciate his activism off the court.

But I'm a Laker fan first, so I decided to support LeBron when he came here. It doesn't mean I won't criticize him though.

I don't love him nearly as much as I love Kobe, since LeBron isn't the kind of guy who needs to win to be OK with himself, like Kobe was.

But at the end of the day I care about world championships, and LeBron is our best bet towards accomplishing that. I'm pretty much as interested in the Lakers the last few years as I was when Kobe was winning chips back in the day.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
RG73 wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

It’s going to be a long road to contention no matter what Lebron chooses to do with his next contract.

Don't be so sure. I was with some Celtics fans yesterday (visiting from Beantown) and their #1 fear is that Tatum forces his way to the Lakers.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How Interested Are You In The Lakers Within The Lebron Era?

Outspoken wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Coincidently, that's similar to what I said to Activeverb in here

Quote:

I'm actually more interested to see how this story unfolds than the games; like are we gonna make more trades? Is the coach gonna be fired? Are we gonna make the playoffs if we keep this squad? Is Bron gonna carry THIS squad to the championship? What if they actually win a championship? Lol though I still watch the games because I'm a loyal supporter.

I agree with both of you. If you remove yourself enough to enjoy the soap opera aspect of it, there is plenty of entertainment value this season.
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject:

I guess I’m in the minority but I’m enjoying the hell out of seeing a top 2-3 player of all time play for our team. Dude already delivered a championship too, the year we lost a legend, so everything else from here on out has been gravy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MDI
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm a diehard Laker fan and grew up watching Shaq/Kobe and then Kobe/Pau's Lakers. Even those middling years of mediocrity with Clarkson,Randle, Ingram, D'lo, Ball were OK

Other than that 2 month Bubble run, I have found the Lebron Lakers to be quite unwatchable. I tune in to watch young guys like THT and Reeves are growing (last year it was for Kuzma's development) but man these Lebron Lakers are quite a turn off. They give up easily when their backs against the wall and try to get the easy way out with all the manipulation, stacking of roster and trading of players. A result of that is Lebron is now the longest tenured Laker while everyone else has mostly been gone especially the young guys. There's no continuity and on the court chemistry there.

This team is just plain no fun and Lebron is a big reason for that because everything is Lebron-centric.

Yes politics are a little bit of a reason as well but the on court product is just so bleh compared to years past. Maybe they're a different generation of kids but they look like they have no passion for the game. Maybe we were spoiled by Kobe.

But the more I watch this team the more I am convinced that Bubble run was an incredible fluke and it's not a legit ring.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: