The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1625, 1626, 1627 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject:

People who say (bleep) about anyones little child dying need mental therapy.
Fans do NOT have THAT right

They are allowed to say everything in the world TO LeBron ABOUT LeBron

But say something about his family or child is a FAAFO moment
(bleep) Around And Find Out... they took a risk and found out

Thank God they got shamed and booted...

Thank you LeBron... scum like these people need their covers blown so other humans know how gross these people are on their insides
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:45 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
IG is on point. People forget what Kobe had to deal with in Colorado and totally disregard the racial implications of the trial in 04. He didn't just deal with prosecutorial misconduct by the DA- he also dealt with a mob that presumed he was guilty solely because of his skin color. The games in Denver were brutal, but he always silenced the crowd in some way or form. Also want to point out the "victim" was taken more seriously, and the media gave her the benefit of the doubt the entire way through, despite all the holes in her story (see Dave Chapelle's skit on it).

The media made it infinitely worse. ESPN sided with the racists in Denver, and wrote hit piece after hit piece, with Shelly Smith leading the way. I think she's one of the few people who Kobe didn't forgive years later, because she was paramount in turning the mob against him.

This isn't a good look for Lebron in my opinion. I get fans saying stupid (bleep), but it sets a dangerous precedent for a player to kick out fans simply because he doesn't like what they have to say. Totally different from getting physical or spitting on players, which should be a bannable offense.

Do you know what the two fans said? You are judging LBJ without knowing what was said?

And it’s not LBJ who kicked them out. It was arena security and there are terms and conditions for each ticket to watch a game in person. Clearly they violated that or else they wouldn’t kick out paying fans.
j-dawg
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:46 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
IG is on point. People forget what Kobe had to deal with in Colorado and totally disregard the racial implications of the trial in 04. He didn't just deal with prosecutorial misconduct by the DA- he also dealt with a mob that presumed he was guilty solely because of his skin color. The games in Denver were brutal, but he always silenced the crowd in some way or form. Also want to point out the "victim" was taken more seriously, and the media gave her the benefit of the doubt the entire way through, despite all the holes in her story (see Dave Chapelle's skit on it).

The media made it infinitely worse. ESPN sided with the racists in Denver, and wrote hit piece after hit piece, with Shelly Smith leading the way. I think she's one of the few people who Kobe didn't forgive years later, because she was paramount in turning the mob against him.

This isn't a good look for Lebron in my opinion. I get fans saying stupid (bleep), but it sets a dangerous precedent for a player to kick out fans simply because he doesn't like what they have to say. Totally different from getting physical or spitting on players, which should be a bannable offense.

True. Some of this stuff happened both pre and post-Colorado. Til this day, I haven't forgotten what Woj, Jason Whitlock, Jamele Hill and the pundits said about Kobe. I know people have softened up on some of them, but (bleep) every single one of them.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Did any of those fans say I hope your daughter dies in a Helicopter crash?

Sure they said (bleep) to Kobe about Kobe.. Psalm 27 was his response
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

Jazz fans are known to do stupid stuff and making death threats is something they like to do in a consistent basis. if the Laker fans were doing it to there own player... aka Danny Green, then the opposition fans are gonna be doing it any player they don’t like.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:14 am    Post subject:

It doesn't (bleep) care what Kobe would've done.
People aren't the same.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:

They said much, much worse, including racial slurs and calling him a rapist game after game. I hated those people with a vengeance, but I never thought kicking them out was a viable solution at all. Larry Nance also had to delete a tweet about Colarado, and Kobe was quick to forgive him. The thing with Kobe always that he shut them up with his play. The fans who hated him respected him for that.

Lebron's just a different breed. This isn't going to be the last time fans say these kinds of things. Part of being an athlete is learning how to deal with it, and not going on a power trip when things don't go your way.

Lebron is different because this era is different. You can’t say anything about anyone anymore or you get canceled. He’s just a product of todays environment. He’s not the first player of this era to have fans kicked out of a game, and won’t be the last.

People need to stop comparing older eras with today. Players are brought up to think and feel differently then past players. This is not a Lebron issue, it’s the world we live in now and there’s no going back
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject:

I would just say kids are off limits. Talk all you want about the player, but no one here can seriously think it’s all good for a fan to talk about someone’s young children. Especially saying you wished they died? I mean come on y’all, have to be some standards of decency that apply.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:58 am    Post subject:

everybody is a warrior hiding behind the screen. smh
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:13 pm    Post subject:

i am glad lbj got the fan kicked out. family members should be off limits.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

This turned to a Lebron vs Kobe deal some how…

People here act like Lebron did not play during Kobe’s era… Lebron also came in the league as one of the most hated prospect kid. I remember his own Cavs team mates was talking trash about him when het got drafted by the Cavs. Been in the league for 19 years and you don’t think he has heard it all from all the fans?

We live in a very sensitive time right now when people/fans think they can say whatever they want and become famous for it. Trash talking is fine when it comes to the game or even the person you saying it to… But there is a borderline to it, specially when you start involving family death.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:41 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/spectrumsn/status/1463707451375505415?s=21

LeSignalCaller
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:58 pm    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
i am glad lbj got the fan kicked out. family members should be off limits.

Imagine saying something like that to Ron Artest. Do you really want to say something like that to someone as big as LeBron and just assume he won’t lose his temper?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
So now you want the guy to stay cool while someone is screaming they hope "Bronny dies in a car wreck"?

Jesus. LeBron was completely right to kick them out. And it had no effect on his game.

This drift guy has never play a lick of competitive sports. Just commenting on stuff he has no clue what he’s talking about.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Drifts wrote:
TMG wrote:
Drifts wrote:
that was just a special performance by Lebron.. wow.. amazing close out.

just wished he didn't bother kicking out the fans.. just don't need the added negative drama around the team.

read a couple of comments from people who said they were at the game claiming she told Lebron that she hopes he dies in a car crash.

Now if this is true...I dont give a flying (bleep) somebody tell me that im personally throwing that person out..That (bleep) is downright evil and EVIL BEGONE!!

if true, that's a severe over reaction on Lebron's part... he needs to toughen up and tune those things out ... that's just being too sensitive.

I just can't handle it anymore, having to defend Lebron for people calling him a snowflake, ... just because some girl tells him a hypothetical situation that may never happen.

Kobe or MJ would have never done that. Kobe would have put up 50 and smiled at the couple every time down the floor. But Lebron is no Kobe or MJ.

People gotta stop using Kobe and Mj as the bar.

Sorry, they are the bar.

No they are not. They are the exception
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
danzag wrote:
So now you want the guy to stay cool while someone is screaming they hope "Bronny dies in a car wreck"?

Jesus. LeBron was completely right to kick them out. And it had no effect on his game.

Jazz fans used to mock Kobe during his Denver trial back in the day, fans can be arrogant.

Mocking Kobe is kind of different than mocking his family.

You really think those fans weren’t thinking the same thing in regards to Kobe? a lot of fans say stupid crap, just ask Danny Green.

Those were Laker fans
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

They are really tripping rn

The NBA has fined LeBron James $15,000 for his Sam Cassell celebration on a clutch 3-pointer in Lakers’ win over Indiana.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1464398804384423937?s=21

James was also warned by the NBA for using profane language during media availability in response to his one-game suspension.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1464399339904815106?s=21
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:12 pm    Post subject:

^^There is a ripple in the force
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Don’t poke the bear…
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
This isn't a good look for Lebron in my opinion. I get fans saying stupid (bleep), but it sets a dangerous precedent for a player to kick out fans simply because he doesn't like what they have to say.

If you are worried about the "precedent" of players getting fans ejected for saying obnoxious things, you are many years too late.

I know at least two other current Lakers (Westbrook and Rondo) who have had fans ejected in the past.

The NBA has had official policies on fan conduct for years, including specific types of statements that could get fans ejected. On every stadium in the NBA, the seats near the court have little signs on them warning fans they could be ejected for verbal abuse of players or officials.

Now that we know the details of this incident, it's hard for me to imagine anyone who thinks Lebron was in the wrong here.

Last edited by activeverb on Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

I get that sports can be a very passionate experience, especially if you are there are at the game, and maybe you have some drinks or maybe some other substances You might do or say things that you wouldn't at work, at church, or in some other real life situation.

Despite game tickets being crazy expensive - paying $500-$2000 a pop for courtside seats doesn't give you the right to step out of line and do or say things that you couldn't do in any other public venue or life situation.

Personally, I don't do anything more than maybe boo a call I think the refs. got wrong. I remember being a teenager and getting really abusive at my high school basketball games. But I'm a grown-up now and I've learned how to conduct myself as an adult.

I'm a die hard Laker fan, so naturally I hate the Celtics. But if I was at a game, I would not swear at Tatum or any of the players. Now if it was Danny Ainge, maybe, jk. Players are people, and demeaning them only demeans yourself.
gaogi
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Isaiah Stewart addresses the incident for the first (and last) time:

https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/status/1464384308617957380?s=21

When he started saying he watched the film, I was expecting him to say something like, he was embarrassed by the way he behaved, apologize to his teammates that his behavior caused him to be out for 2 games, etc. But nope, his thought after watching the film is that he didn’t think it was an accident, SMH.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

gaogi wrote:
Isaiah Stewart addresses the incident for the first (and last) time:

https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/status/1464384308617957380?s=21

When he started saying he watched the film, I was expecting him to say something like, he was embarrassed by the way he behaved, apologize to his teammates that his behavior caused him to be out for 2 games, etc. But nope, his thought after watching the film is that he didn’t think it was an accident, SMH.

Why are you guys giving this guy attention? He is a no body.. probably 80% of NBA fans don’t even know he is, let him chew himself up.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject:

because of that 3 overtime game, I doubt LBJ will play against the Piston.
dries
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:33 pm    Post subject:

PinoyLBJFan wrote:
because of that 3 overtime game, I doubt LBJ will play against the Piston.

Good, AD is clearly tired of playing with the guy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1625, 1626, 1627 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1626 of 2079
Jump to: