KENDRICK NUNN Officially a Laker Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:01 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1460518838986964993?s=21

Oh so they weren’t telling the truth about injuries again? Shocking.

Just add 1 month to any of the Lakers timelines for injuries.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:15 am    Post subject:

Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen
Frank Vogel reiterates that Trevor Ariza and Kendrick Nunn are "still a ways away" from returning, which is what he has said about Nunn every time he's asked for weeks.

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen
Frank Vogel reiterates that Trevor Ariza and Kendrick Nunn are "still a ways away" from returning, which is what he has said about Nunn every time he's asked for weeks.

Smh
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

I’m gonna guess mid January for Nunn
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:18 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
I’m gonna guess mid January for Nunn

I will be very pleased if he comes back by then -- or even by mid-February. At this point, I'm just hoping he comes back with enough time to play himself into shape and get used to the team before the playoffs start.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Vogel is definitely lying about Ariza being ways away because Ariza has been seen warming up in pre games the last couple of games, the Nunn part could be real but coaches like being tight lipped when disclosing something so don’t look to much in to it.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
MJST wrote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

Smh

That's an older tweet (from a week or so ago if I remember correctly) so it's not new if that's encouraging to anybody. It's the same party line they've been saying on Nunn for a while now.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:58 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
MJST wrote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

Smh

That's an older tweet (from a week or so ago if I remember correctly) so it's not new if that's encouraging to anybody. It's the same party line they've been saying on Nunn for a while now.

Good looking out TDRock, people might have seen that Twitte and ran with it on the internet thinking that it’s a new report as evident by fans assuming Nunn would be out until Jan even though no one has a clue.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
MJST wrote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

Smh

Good looking out TDRock, people might have seen that Twitte and ran with it on the internet thinking that it’s a new report as evident by fans assuming Nunn would be out until Jan even though no one has a clue.

I actually stand corrected, that specific tweet is from a day ago (I went and found it).

The "news" isn't new though. It's the same thing they've been saying.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
MJST wrote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

Smh

I actually stand corrected, that specific tweet is from a day ago (I went and found it).

They are repeating the same thing without giving reasons which means they don’t want the public to know.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Should've gone with Patty Mills here and OPJr. Instead of Oldriza.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
MJST wrote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

Smh

They are repeating the same thing without giving reasons which means they don’t want the public to know.

No it's just the nature of bone bruises which I've never had but apparently they are inordinately painful and the pain comes and goes particularly in high impact points like knees and ankles. I remember someone on GSW having one a few years back and it went on seemingly forever. So it's disappointing but I don't think there's any grand conspiracy happening here.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:

Only Patty Mills and Otto Porter? Why not aim higher..
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
MJST wrote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

Smh

No it's just the nature of bone bruises which I've never had but apparently they are inordinately painful and the pain comes and goes particularly in high impact points like knees and ankles. I remember someone on GSW having one a few years back and it went on seemingly forever. So it's disappointing but I don't think there's any grand conspiracy happening here.

It depends on what kind of bone bruise, it has a variety of pain tolerance.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Only Patty Mills and Otto Porter? Why not aim higher..

Caruso and Lonzo?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:30 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
MJST wrote:
Harrison Faigen
@hmfaigen

Smh

No it's not, it's from the 24th

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1463707788434042884

Vogel is just re-reiterating what the case is. As pretty much he's been asked that question every other week and the answer is the same.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Frank Vogel says there is still a major role planned for Kendrick Nunn: “Kendrick’s going to get a ton of minutes when he gets back healthy”
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:
Frank Vogel says there is still a major role planned for Kendrick Nunn: “Kendrick’s going to get a ton of minutes when he gets back healthy”

Just not for the Lakers.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:
Quote:

https://twitter.com/LakeShowCP/status/1478550807490355204
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Wonder if Nunn can surplant Avery in the starting 5. Not saying I want to dump on Avery, major props to AB for all he's done. But, I'd like to see if Nunn is a defender. If he's a defender, you start him and Monk. Suddenly your "old" team became AD 28, Monk 23, Nunn, 26 around WB (32) and Bron (37). With a bench that has Stanley 25, Reaves 23 and THT 21. Worse case you develop some quality role players for next year's team, which *could* be the final year of the AD/Bron era.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:10 am    Post subject:

“He’s making progress. He’s doing more and more on the court,” Vogel said. “I just talked to one of our assistant coaches about the work he did today. And he definitely looks like he’s getting closer to where we need him. Still don’t have a timetable on it, other than to say he’s getting close.” - Vogel

Vogel used to say Ariza was 'a ways away' and all of a sudden he came back onto the lineup. 'He's getting close' sounds more positive than 'a ways away' to me lol
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:21 am    Post subject:

If this guys can score like monk (dropping 3s too) and with better defense, WB-Monk-Nunn back court should work
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Wonder if Nunn can surplant Avery in the starting 5. Not saying I want to dump on Avery, major props to AB for all he's done. But, I'd like to see if Nunn is a defender. If he's a defender, you start him and Monk. Suddenly your "old" team became AD 28, Monk 23, Nunn, 26 around WB (32) and Bron (37). With a bench that has Stanley 25, Reaves 23 and THT 21. Worse case you develop some quality role players for next year's team, which *could* be the final year of the AD/Bron era.

If AB can continue this level of success in the offense once AD returns I think you keep him in the starting lineup. He sets the tone for us defensively and Nunn would be a great bench weapon as well as potential closer. I feel that Melo runs too hot/cold at times and we could use another reliable scorer off the bench.

If AB struggles with AD then it will probably be because we lose spacing in which case it might make more sense to put Nunn in instead.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:23 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

New small ball playoff lineup? Lakers v Warriors 2022 WCF.

WB/NUNN/MONK/BRON/AD

vs.

CURRY/POOLE/KLAY/WIGGINS/DRAY
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
“He’s making progress. He’s doing more and more on the court,” Vogel said. “I just talked to one of our assistant coaches about the work he did today. And he definitely looks like he’s getting closer to where we need him. Still don’t have a timetable on it, other than to say he’s getting close.” - Vogel

Vogel used to say Ariza was 'a ways away' and all of a sudden he came back onto the lineup. 'He's getting close' sounds more positive than 'a ways away' to me lol

It is HOWEVER I'd temper that with how he looked in the videos (posted in injury thread). He wasn't moving much while shooting and when he did he was clearly still limping. So... yeah... :/. Not sure on this one.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 7 of 30
Jump to: