The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1658, 1659, 1660 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:21 pm    Post subject:

My apologies, I did not mean to make fun of the title now argue that signing was a bad idea🙏
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Next game vs Jokic... does Vogel still start LeBron at center?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Bubble Dwight time
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Why not? Apparently playing small ball with him at center is the best way to win. Isn’t that what we have been told. Even stats to back it up being presented. So why not dig the hole deeper.

Maybe he can draw Jokic out of the paint by jacking up a dozen 3s again. Maybe this time even hit a couple.

Lakers have no clue how to make this roster work. Too many flaws. Not enough effort on defense.

James is about James this season. He can score his 30 pts and get a couple highlight dunks and not be held accountable for his or his teams lack of competitive intensity.

Winning games is secondary at this point.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Why not? Apparently playing small ball with him at center is the best way to win. Isn’t that what we have been told. Even stats to back it up being presented. So why not dig the hole deeper.

Maybe he can draw Jokic out of the paint by jacking up a dozen 3s again. Maybe this time even hit a couple.

Lakers have no clue how to make this roster work. Too many flaws. Not enough effort on defense.

James is about James this season. He can score his 30 pts and get a couple highlight dunks and not be held accountable for his or his teams lack of competitive intensity.

Harsh. It's difficult to make the roster work when the defensive anchor has missed 40% of the season (and counting).
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Boy these bad losses are doing a number on people. Not a fun season that’s for sure
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:48 am    Post subject:

LeBron of this season feels exactly like Kobe's last couple seasons. great stats that does not translate into wins. it is not LeBron's fault. Lakers chose the wrong sidekicks to run with him (soft, oft-injured AD and Russ). such a shame he's wasting his last couple prime years on an average team.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
LeBron of this season feels exactly like Kobe's last couple seasons. great stats that does not translate into wins. it is not LeBron's fault. Lakers chose the wrong sidekicks to run with him (soft, oft-injured AD and Russ). such a shame he's wasting his last couple prime years on an average team.

Lakers ownership and FO wasted last couple years of Kobe and now doing the same with LeBron. Such a shame

They are bending backwards to accommodate Westbrook
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:10 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Lakers ownership and FO wasted last couple years of Kobe and now doing the same with LeBron. Such a shame

They are bending backwards to accommodate Westbrook

more like all they care about are the star names and feel good storylines, not so much about winning.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:22 am    Post subject:

Hypothetically speaking: Bron leads us to at least one more chip giving him 5.

1 with the Cavs
2 with the Heat
2 with the Lakers

Does he go into the hall of fame as a Cav or a Laker? He's from Akron but he doesn't like Dan Gilbert. He also fell out with Riles. I say he goes in as a Laker. His jersey will be retired next to Kobe's too.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:25 am    Post subject:

Lebron will always be a Cav to me.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Yeah. If we winning chips then yeah but I don't really care for all his records.

I cared when Kobe was breaking them
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

It’s not like Lebron’s records come at the expense of winning Titles. His co-star can’t stay healthy.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:15 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:

1 with the Cavs
2 with the Heat
2 with the Lakers

Does he go into the hall of fame as a Cav or a Laker?

The Basketball Hall of Fame doesn't officially associated inductees with any specific team.

It's not like the Baseball Hall of Fame, where inductees are shown wearing a team cap on their plaque.

Lebron will just be inducted as Lebron, not as a Cav, Laker or Heat player.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:38 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

1 with the Cavs
2 with the Heat
2 with the Lakers

The Basketball Hall of Fame doesn't officially associated inductees with any specific team.

It's not like the Baseball Hall of Fame, where inductees are shown wearing a team cap on their plaque.

Interesting...I didn't know that. Thx
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Harsh. It's difficult to make the roster work when the defensive anchor has missed 40% of the season (and counting).

I agree that there is a glimmer of hope they can make a competitive run once Davis gets back. He can be a difference maker. Also a possible Nunn sighting would help.

They might be able to put together a focused run again in the playoffs if all the “chemistry issues” are resolved and they are healthy. Just a lot of dominoes have to fall into place perfectly. Not sure this roster and versions of these players can find that consistency, efficiency and intensity. We will see?

As for it being “harsh”, have you watched the games this season? The flaws are visible when you do. Expecting multiply players to play so far out of their comfort zones and historical roles has been a mistake since before they ever played a game.

And on the criticisms of James. He is playing incredibly impressive to this point. He shouldn’t have to, but as the leader of the team he is exceeding expectations. That doesn’t mean he does not contribute to the team flaws, just expected to do too much (center and primary playmaker, seriously?)

But let’s not try to ignore that there was ample evidence that this roster would struggle. Or that James’ tenure would not have the drama and upheaval he has had with every team he organized over his career.

I’m grateful for the Championship but I’m tired of the overall James experience. Amazing player, arguably the GOAT. But so much prima donna attitude and baggage that comes with the 4+ years of his era with my Lakers.

I understand some fans adore his every move and comment. Some dismiss his flaws offhand. Some try to deflect the blame for his influences on personnel decisions and on court struggles. For me, pretty much what I expected the day the Lakers signed him. Just glad they got that one ring for all the troubles.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:19 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yeah. If we winning chips then yeah but I don't really care for all his records.

I cared when Kobe was breaking them

Couldn't care less about LeBron or his stats. Frankly, I find his presence annoying, his fans even moreso, and I'll be happy when he's off the team.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject:

Bron has dumbfounded me. he's playing INSANE for a guy with nearly 20 years of NBA mileage, he's arguably a basketball savant, yet he nearly single highhandedly sabotaged his end of career legacy by pushing for the Westbrook trade.

i mean a guy as smart as Lebron couldn't see that WB was NOT what he needed to get to the mountain top at least one more time? that Russ's stats were fools gold?
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:37 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Bron has dumbfounded me. he's playing INSANE for a guy with nearly 20 years of NBA mileage, he's arguably a basketball savant, yet he nearly single highhandedly sabotaged his end of career legacy by pushing for the Westbrook trade.

i mean a guy as smart as Lebron couldn't see that WB was NOT what he needed to get to the mountain top at least one more time? that Russ's stats were fools gold?

At this point, he did sabotage it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:48 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:

It’s pretty obvious imo.

Lebron - possibly the greatest player of all time. Debate this or that, but everyone can admit he’s in that conversation.

LeGM - one of the worst in the game. Doesn’t even know what asset management is and it’s the reason he has sabotaged the end of his career. Hard to keep up with Steph and KD when they allow their respective organization to maneuver with the assets.

GS and Nets have set themselves up well for a 2-4 year run here.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

It’s pretty obvious imo.

Lebron - possibly the greatest player of all time. Debate this or that, but everyone can admit he’s in that conversation.

LeGM - one of the worst in the game. Doesn’t even know what asset management is and it’s the reason he has sabotaged the end of his career. Hard to keep up with Steph and KD when they allow their respective organization to maneuver with the assets.

To be fair, Steph and Draymond were upset with Meyers last season because moves weren't made to get another star. They stuck with it and the dividends paid off with their young talent.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:03 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

It’s pretty obvious imo.

To be fair, Steph and Draymond were upset with Meyers last season because moves weren't made to get another star. They stuck with it and the dividends paid off with their young talent.

The important takeaway is that Meyers stuck with it and didn’t give in. Management actually made the best decision for the team instead of caving to the players.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

It’s pretty obvious imo.

The important takeaway is that Meyers stuck with it and didn’t give in. Management actually made the best decision for the team instead of caving to the players.

x100
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

1 with the Cavs
2 with the Heat
2 with the Lakers

Interesting...I didn't know that. Thx

Here's a fun one about the Baseball Hall of Fame. They used to let inductees, who has played for multiple teams, pick which team cap they wanted on their cap. In 2001, the HoF changed that policy because of rumors that some players were taking money from teams to select them for the honor. Now, the HoF makes the decision, though it gets input from the player.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

It’s pretty obvious imo.

GS is gonna pay what, $280M in taxes these last two seasons? Nets being large payers as well. Houston allowed Harden to go where he wanted as a thank you, taking less value than they could've received elsewhere. But KD and Steph get an attaboy... lol give me a damn break
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1658, 1659, 1660 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1659 of 2079
Jump to: