Why Lakers Lose Games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:28 am    Post subject: Why Lakers Lose Games

The ball movement is slow, making the opponent defend and rotate fast. Meanwhile, the opponent's ball movement is fast making it hard for our players to defend.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:16 am    Post subject:

2 reasons

Cause we suck
And cause they score more points than us
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:33 am    Post subject:

Too old to play defense and hustle. We have plenty of offense, but not enough to overcome what we bring on the other end of the court. That’s why all of these young teams with terrible records beat us.

Players like lebron, AD, Westbrook, and melo are notorious for resting on the defensive end in order to bring 100% on the offensive end. Which is fine if you surround them young, two-way role players that bring effort on that end (Caruso, kcp, Kuzma). You can even add Dwight to that list of players as well. His energy, defense, and rebounding were vital to that championship.

This is why we looked so much better with Stanley j. If we want to make a push this year we need to find a way to bring in players with youth, athleticism, defense, hustle, and can knock down an occasional 3. This team as constructed can’t win unless they can turn it on and off and just haven’t showed it. I doubt it.

lts
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:08 am    Post subject:

small lineup is killing us. no rebound, no rim protect, why can we win?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:40 am    Post subject:

Because it’s a team which is just a random collection of famous players which has no identity.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:18 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Because it’s a team which is just a random collection of famous players which has no identity.

Lakers should just avoid trying to get more than 2 named players. Specially ones that are over the hill. It didn’t work with the Kobe, Shaq, Malone, Payton team. It didn’t work with Kobe, Pau, Dwight, Nash team. It certainly hasn’t worked this year. It’s like we have a learning disability. Monk and Reaves have been bright spots but they feel more like luck rather than skillful, deliberate roster building.

I hate this years Laker team. I don’t remember a Laker team I’ve hated more. The Dwight/Nash/Dantoni team comes close, but this squad takes the cake.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:54 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
2 reasons

Cause we suck
And cause they score more points than us

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:41 am    Post subject:

They're getting run out of the building by better, younger and faster teams. The roster, as it currently stands, is not a championship team. They don't stand a chance in the playoffs/ins unless they play cohesive, high IQ basketball, but that's not a given with the way the roster is constructed.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:52 am    Post subject:

In order of impact, this is why we lose:

1. Poor health. I shouldn't have to elaborate on this.

2. Too small. We have too many guards and not enough forwards of traditional size (6'7" and up). This affects our defense primarily, such as our weak alteration of opponent's jump shots, bad rebounding, poor paint protection, and our inability to clog the passing lanes with long athletic arms and bodies.

3. Anthony Davis' head issues. Besides his health (covered in point #1), he hasn't been overly impactful since the Suns series last Spring in the playoffs before he went down. He needs to be motivated to play well or we have no shot at beating good teams in the playoffs.

4. Russel Westbrook's erratic play style. This is another bullet point that needs no explanation, but it is this low because I think we still can win if Vogel tightens his rotation minutes based on how under control he plays. One problem for him is that he needs the ball to be Russ, and that's not possible with Lebron on the floor. I've said since the summer that WB should man the 2nd unit off the bench so he can dominate the other team's 2nd unit and freely control the ball. He's not a good fit at all for this team, but something still can be done to make it work.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:55 am    Post subject:

The schedule is ugly, 40 games remaining. 24 on the road and 16 at home. Road streaks of 6, 4 and 3 games. 5 back to backs. 3rd most difficult strength of schedule with 8 against Phoenix, Golden State and Utah. I laughed in the offseason when this team was predicted to win 44 games but now, I’m not sure we get there.
krisobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

Too much slashers over shooters on this team.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

Everyone has a different opinion on why we suck. That’s not a good sign

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
Everyone has a different opinion on why we suck. That’s not a good sign

The reasons for these losses are vast and multi-faceted

In addition to joeblow's list I am also inclined to throw in rotations and personnel usage. Because sometimes I'm just confused with what I'm seeing (aka Where Is Dwight?)
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:

2. Too small. We have too many guards and not enough forwards of traditional size (6'7" and up). This affects our defense primarily, such as our weak alteration of opponent's jump shots, bad rebounding, poor paint protection, and our inability to clog the passing lanes with long athletic arms and bodies.

3. Anthony Davis' head issues. Besides his health (covered in point #1), he hasn't been overly impactful since the Suns series last Spring in the playoffs before he went down. He needs to be motivated to play well or we have no shot at beating good teams in the playoffs.

4. Russel Westbrook's erratic play style. This is another bullet point that needs no explanation, but it is this low because I think we still can win if Vogel tightens his rotation minutes based on how under control he plays. One problem for him is that he needs the ball to be Russ, and that's not possible with Lebron on the floor. I've said since the summer that WB should man the 2nd unit off the bench so he can dominate the other team's 2nd unit and freely control the ball. He's not a good fit at all for this team, but something still can be done to make it work.

I'd reverse the numbers on this list, and then it's accurate.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Prioritizing names over games
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Tactically? Poor defense, no consistent offensive attack, too many turnovers, too many high percentage shots missed, and key players hurt.

Theoretically? Jeanie Buss and Rob Pelinkas' bad management decisions. Teams play extra hard against us.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:43 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Because it’s a team which is just a random collection of famous have beenswhich has no identity.

Fixed.

Not only no identity. Most of them have like one big flaw and they also are too old to play NBA baseline defense.

If Reaves isn’t covering for 2 players, the opponent is likely going to score.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Cuz we suck at defense, rebounding, and taking care of the ball.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I’ll be at the game Monday vs the Jazz. I expect changes to happen over the weekend and I hope to have some new players in laker jerseys by then. First time at a laker game in 2022!

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Cuz we suck at defense, rebounding, and taking care of the ball.

Facts

joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
joeblow wrote:

I'd reverse the numbers on this list, and then it's accurate.

If AD were out for the year but WB improved his play, we'd have zero chance at being successful in the playoffs because the team would be way too small.

If team stays healthy entering the playoffs and WB is still playing erratic, Vogel simply needs to adjust his minutes as well as the times he is on the court. We'd still have a decent chance to succeed with all of the other players should they be on point.

A lot of people keep forgetting... in many of the games where WB looks like he's lost his mind, we still are giving up 120+ to the opponent and losing the rebound battle. Those issues are more difficult to fix due to poor health and roster imbalance since WB can just have his minutes cut to get him under control.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject:

DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE!!!

TURNOVERS TURNOVERS TURNOVERS!!!

26th in the league in OPP. PPG

Anyone saying our offense is the issue. We're 4th in the league in PPG.
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject:

To me, when AD is getting destroyed by KAT, we got problems that can’t be solved.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

I'll agree with people who want us to score more in order to succeed once we can put up 135 points a game.

Until then, we need to improve our defense, and that won't happen until we are healthy and have the personnel to make it happen.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:37 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

We're 4th in PPG because we're number 1 in pace. The reality is that we're only 24th in the league in offensive efficiency so yeah it's still a huge problem for us.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: